Can't Generate Grass Cache

Hi,

Several times in the past I have successfully generated the grass cache with NGIO Grass Generation MO2 Plugin.

I actually just created the cache a few days ago, but I wanted to change my grass from Veydosebrom to Verdant, Veydosebrom was the grass mod I had been using, that I successfully generated the grass cache several times in the past.

Now, that I am trying to create the grass cache for Verdant, I can't. When I look at the console it says it's generating, when it's done, just like when it was successful in the past, the game would freeze, and the cursor would just start spinning.

After, when I checked the overwrite folder, the grass folder was empty, but when I looked at the NetScriptFramework.log it said at the bottom;

[02 Jul 2022 00:17:43.123] Grass generation finished successfully!

So I'm lost now, I don't understand how it was working, now it's not, and I've spent an entire day on this, and 8 hours later, I still can't get the grass folder to populate.

Here's screen shots of my installed mods in MO2.

MO2_1.thumb.jpg.eaa74faeb0efff5f59a43ae6bc3da270.jpg

MO2_2.thumb.jpg.6d754070d67037f8d759490c27fc4814.jpg

I've attached GrassControl.config, Grass Cache Fixes.ini, and the NetScriptFramework.log

THANKS

GrassControl.config.txt Grass Cache Fixes.ini NetScriptFramework.log.txt

Edited by mooit

Ahhh HA... LOL 

Working now! :)

Now, I need to figure out if there's a bug in the app, or something wrong on my end, because I never get this message in the console or popup telling me it's completed.

Completed.thumb.jpg.c29255db2dda60be24d63a294e0fb055.jpg

The console simply stops, and the mouse cursor starts spinning and that's it, then I have to ctrl alt del and sign out. hmm

THANKS

Edited by mooit

Under this URL;

SkyrimSE:Grass LOD Guide - Step Mods | Change The Game (stepmodifications.org)

1. The grass cache should have been generated within Overwrite. Right-click on Overwrite and select Create Mod....
  2. Name it "Grass Cache - cgid" or something similar and click OK.

The last time I created the grass mod and added it to MO2 everything listed in overwrite was listed in this mod, not just the grass cache folder. hmm

And then if you go to delete the grass mod in MO2 you delete everything out of the overwrite folder.

grass_mod.thumb.jpg.fad923405a3ff267ded9e5ad3dc1bc32.jpg

So by doing it this way, it then removes everything out of the overwrite folder that needs to be there, and then moves it into the grass mod folder under the MO2 mods directory.

grass_mod.thumb.jpg.8e0c875ec005733e6d2f0387b2d9ed92.jpg

THANKS

P.S. I'm assuming I should remove everything out of the 'overwrite' directory, except grass, then create the grass mod?

Edited by mooit

Now I went back and added in mods, that I'll be using in the game, I unchecked them and put a red box around them.

Now when trying to generate the cache the game crashes and it won't generate a grass cache.

Hmm, I'm starting to see, that in order to do this, you really need to have a simple, somewhat basic mod setup.

Is Verdant, as an example, grass/landscape mods all that really matters added into Mo2? I thought if I was going to have extra content added to the map like Helgen Reborn, etc., then I should be adding them in? hmm

Mods.thumb.jpg.fca63db70bb8e387855a3e75900ca9e8.jpg

You can also see below in MO2 Landscape Grass patches that also pertain to the mods in the red box.

As for any log/crash info, this is all I could find in NetScript;

[02 Jul 2022 17:12:33.303] Initializing framework version 15.
[02 Jul 2022 17:12:33.305] Loaded configuration file.
[02 Jul 2022 17:12:33.307] Preparing .NET code hooking.
[02 Jul 2022 17:12:33.310] Loading game library.
[02 Jul 2022 17:12:33.954] Loaded game library for `The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition` (18).
[02 Jul 2022 17:12:33.954] Running game version is 1.5.97.0
[02 Jul 2022 17:12:36.981] Loading plugins.
[02 Jul 2022 17:12:36.981] Path to plugins: "Data\NetScriptFramework\Plugins".
[02 Jul 2022 17:12:36.983] Checking file "GrassControl.dll"...
[02 Jul 2022 17:12:36.986] Plugin found and loaded.
[02 Jul 2022 17:12:37.001] Finished loading 1 plugin.
[02 Jul 2022 17:12:37.001] Finished framework initialization.
[02 Jul 2022 17:12:56.675] Unhandled native exception occurred at 0x7FF7ED581F22 (SkyrimSE.exe+5E1F22) on thread 10984!

hmm

THANKS

Edited by mooit

Sorry if I seem dense here, but this makes no sense to me;

Step 1: Install required mods[edit]

The following mods should be installed and setup correctly to use this quick start walkthrough:

DynDOLOD the application itself is what I'm thinking, when I think of DynDOLOD, and when you use it, you generate a DynDOLOD output, as a mod.

But the Grass guide doesn't talk about generating xLODGEN, or TexGen as a prerequisite to generate grass cache.

So I'm lost as to what is meant here by installing DynDOLOD as a Mod?

So should I have a xLODGen, TexGen, DynDOLOD outputs listed as mods in MO2 before generating the grass cache?

P.S. Is there an Oakwood version for SE? All I can find is an AE version, but that requires Fish from the Creation Club, and I want to use Oakwood in the game, and I assumed I needed it in my SE mod list to generate a grass cache?

Edited by mooit

29 minutes ago, mooit said:

Sorry if I seem dense here, but this makes no sense to me;

Step 1: Install required mods[edit]

The following mods should be installed and setup correctly to use this quick start walkthrough:

DynDOLOD the application itself is what I'm thinking, when I think of DynDOLOD, and when you use it, you generate a DynDOLOD output, as a mod.

But the Grass guide doesn't talk about generating xLODGEN, or TexGen as a prerequisite to generate grass cache.

So I'm lost as to what is meant here by installing DynDOLOD as a Mod?

THANKS

P.S. So should I have a xLODGen, TexGen, DynDOLOD outputs listed as mods in MO2 before generating the grass cache?

Please read through the Grass LOD Guide if you haven't done so already. It basically explains how to do all of it (only can be done under 1.5.97 runtime).

35 minutes ago, mooit said:

Is Verdant, as an example, grass/landscape mods all that really matters added into Mo2? I thought if I was going to have extra content added to the map like Helgen Reborn, etc., then I should be adding them in? hmm

No, you need to have all mod plugins that edit the terrain enabled in your load order before generating the grass cache. Helgen Reborn should be enabled for example. As well as CRF, Wyrmstooth, and all the others.

To simplify things and ensure everything matches correctly, the grass cache should be generated with the same load order as that used for playing, i.e. a complete, not minimal, set up. Same principle as generating LODs with DynDOLOD.

Can't help you with the crash. Need to provide more info. If you disable plugins that are masters for other plugins, things will break. Does the game even start normally, not in NGIO cache generation mode?

I did read the Grass guide, sorry I didn't elaborate better, it saying to install DynDOLOD as a mod, I was trying to understand, if that I meant, I needed to generate, xLODGen, TexGen and DynDOLOD and have the outputs of all 3 in MO2 to generate the grass cache with?

OH Oakwood was the crash! :)

I want to play Oakwood in AE, but I can't find an SE version for when I generate the grass cache.

Anyone know if there's a SE 1.5xx version for Oakwood?

This screen shot is what confuses me, mod being mentioned like this for installing DynDOLOD, because I look at DynDOLOD as an app, that creates a mod output, therefore the reason I asked what I did.

DynDOLOD.thumb.jpg.66d6c72da2dbd7be19a8f1c10b18c0ff.jpg

P.S. I'll just have to say go with 'Step 6: Generate LOD' and generate xLODGen, TexGen, DynDOLOD aftwards.

THANKS

Edited by mooit

51 minutes ago, mooit said:

I did read the Grass guide, sorry I didn't elaborate better, it saying to install DynDOLOD as a mod, I was trying to understand, if that I meant, I needed to generate, xLODGen, TexGen and DynDOLOD and have the outputs of all 3 in MO2 to generate the grass cache with?

OH Oakwood was the crash! :)

I want to play Oakwood in AE, but I can't find an SE version for when I generate the grass cache.

Anyone know if there's a SE 1.5xx version for Oakwood?

THANKS

P.S. This screen shot is what confuses me, mod being mentioned like this for installing DynDOLOD, because I look at DynDOLOD as an app, that creates a mod output, therefore the reason I asked what I did.

DynDOLOD.thumb.jpg.66d6c72da2dbd7be19a8f1c10b18c0ff.jpg

DynDOLOD will be run in step 6 of the grass cache guide. It is merely mentioning the mods that will be used throughout the guide, and not suggesting you need to use them now, just downloaded and ready to use. xLODGen has nothing to do with grass LOD, so it's usage is irrelevant.

Oakwood is only available for the AE edition of the game, so you won't be able to use it. Arthmoor doesn't allow the usage of older versions.