Glacier LOD Meshes (by Phlunder)

DoubleYou

Marked accepted. Just install in 06 in alphabetical order. The TexGen texture is in the WIP dev archive under 'core' of the FOMOD. So the OP instructions are unnecessary with the Step Patch installed.

I think Phlunder made the Files page very confusing, and there is no explanation. What the heck are the Mountain LOD Meshes supposed to be doing in relation to DynDOLOD Resources for glaciers??

Apparently, they are revised LOD for vanilla mountains?? DynDOLOD Resources SE doesn't have most of them, but MM does, so I am very confused by this. I assume it relates to LE. If so, this mod should really be on an SSE Nexus page in a simpler format with clear instructions for both mods. Just sayin'

Well, the sticky post sort of explains that the Mountain LOD meshes are the analog of the Glacier LOD Meshes but for vanilla mountains ... don't need them

Created mod page and added to 2.1.0 guide.

Sorry, just pure laziness regarding putting that on the existing mod page. Majestic Mountains has vanilla LOD0 meshes with UV and shader tweaks, maybe vertex colors too, didn't check. But not sure what is meant with premium.

Edit: Apparently sheson has made new LOD meshes for MM on the SE page, sorry. These are indeed superior if you use MM.

The vanilla LOD0 mountain meshes are of varying degrees of quality, sometimes they were just way to crude in shape for my tastes. Also, I always thought they looked too flat, some of that was because they lost the vertex colors of the full model, which gave them some fake AO and highlights, all around making them look more interesting.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, z929669 said:

Marked accepted. Just install in 06 in alphabetical order. The TexGen texture is in the WIP dev archive under 'core' of the FOMOD. So the OP instructions are unnecessary with the Step Patch installed.

Please add the OP instructions as well for those of us who don't/ are unable to install Step Patches though? Maybe under a spoiler or something?

2 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Please add the OP instructions as well for those of us who don't/ are unable to install Step Patches though? Maybe under a spoiler or something?

The OP has the manual instructions for renaming the texture path.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

The OP has the manual instructions for renaming the texture path.

Perhaps you may want to clarify that users need to run TexGen with whatever glacier textures they're using, beforehand. I know it's kind of obvious as the instructions are referring to 'TexGen Output', but just in case :)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Perhaps you may want to clarify that users need to run TexGen with whatever glacier textures they're using, beforehand. I know it's kind of obvious as the instructions are referring to 'TexGen Output', but just in case :)

Yeah, I was confused about that bit at first as well, looking for the files on the data tab in MO2 and not finding them. But I be smard, so I figgereded it out

• 2 weeks later...

I believe if we add the following TexGen rule, TexGen should be able to create the texture automatically instead of including in the patch.

-3	1	1	1	textures\landscape\glacierslab.dds	2	2	0	0	textures\lod\glacierslablod.dds	2	2

Reference here: https://dyndolod.info/Mod-Authors#How-to-add-LOD-textures-creation-rules-to-TexGen

Perhaps @Phlunder would be willing to add the config to the main download for SSE users? You just make a text file DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_updateesm.txt inside a DynDOLOD folder in the main file archive. This would ensure SSE users have the correct texture present, since the file paths are different.

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

I believe if we add the following TexGen rule, TexGen should be able to create the texture automatically instead of including in the patch.

-3	1	1	1	textures\landscape\glacierslab.dds	2	2	0	0	textures\lod\glacierslablod.dds	2	2

Reference here: https://dyndolod.info/Mod-Authors#How-to-add-LOD-textures-creation-rules-to-TexGen

Perhaps @Phlunder would be willing to add the config to the main download for SSE users? You just make a text file DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_updateesm.txt inside a DynDOLOD folder in the main file archive. This would ensure SSE users have the correct texture present, since the file paths are different.

Agree. The file re-naiming path details are in the OP.

• 6 months later...
On 6/4/2022 at 9:17 PM, z929669 said:

I should have added the TFC comparisons, but it's essentially a moot point, because our users don't play that way ... this is just a real-use comparison of vanilla, DynDOLOD and this mod's LOD under Step, with and wo/ENB.

Sorry for the late response. Only now I get why you think my screenshots are using TFC... which would be a strange and useless comparison indeed. In SE, these meshes are FarGrid large references. So you basically start seeing those meshes in ~LOD8 stage, which is incredibly far away. Obviously, that system doesn't exist in LE, so you see those meshes right from the first LOD stage.