Unofficial Skyrim Creation Club Content Patches (by Garthand)

D1Z4STR

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:

The mod is in BSA. BSA will load where the plugin loads and then overwritten by anything that is loose, regardless of position. The rest of the patching in within the plugin.

... so just like the USSEP, which we place in Foundation, since it should be overridden by other mods and whose changes are normally forwarded by other mods where conflicts exist. I remain perplexed. We can think of this as an extension to any USP, IMO.

EDIT: I just looked at the file, and it's a patch, because it employs a FOMOD to install specific patches, unlike other USPs. My bad.

6 minutes ago, z929669 said:

... so just like the USSEP, which we place in Foundation, since it should be overridden by other mods and whose changes are normally forwarded by other mods where conflicts exist. I remain perplexed. We can think of this as an extension to any USP, IMO.

USSEP is up the to load it early due to other mods requiring it downstream...else, if should go in Patches too. That's the only difference.

• 1 month later...

Yes, this should make a lot of CC content easier to integrate. The one question in my mind is whether this should be in Patches or Foundation. I see it as more or less similar to Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch except this one does not have any meshes or textures yet. The plugin also sorts high in the load order just after Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.

2 hours ago, Greg said:

Yes, this should make a lot of CC content easier to integrate. The one question in my mind is whether this should be in Patches or Foundation. I see it as more or less similar to Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch except this one does not have any meshes or textures yet. The plugin also sorts high in the load order just after Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.

I had the same thoughts, and it's mentioned earlier in this topic. The reasoning is that this mod forwards changes from CC content that the USSEP doesn't cover, so it's thought more of as a patch.

The counter argument is that many of the changes introduced by the USCCCP will wind up being forwarded into many other plugins as we see with the USSEP. And if this mod does wind up packaging a BSA with replacers of any kind, then it would probably need to go earlier in the mod list.

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

BSAs adhere to plugin load order, so even then there should be no issue with it in Patches.

Yes, my bad. @Greg was pointing out the inconsistency of categorizing this mod in Patches while we are categorizing USSEP in Foundation. This is what I was saying previously on this topic, so USSEP should be fine in Patches as well in that case.