Here We Go Again - World Interactions (by tarlazo)

TechAngel85

• 9 months later...
On 10/18/2021 at 5:51 PM, z929669 said:

Accepted just because? Sounds fine, but just wondering, as I see it in the guide.

Any mod you find in v1 isn't going to have much conversation on the forums about it, if any. That's when I was still basically running the show alone so there was no one to discuss things with...that includes staff and the 2-3 users that actually participate in some of our discussions regarding mods for the Guides.

24 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Any mod you find in v1 isn't going to have much conversation on the forums about it, if any. That's when I was still basically running the show alone so there was no one to discuss things with...that includes staff and the 2-3 users that actually participate in some of our discussions regarding mods for the Guides.

Someone mistakenly added the 2.0.0 tag to this topic, so I assumed it was applicable for 2.0.0 consideration. If it was in 1.0.0 and we weren't considering dropping it, then it should not have gotten the 2.0.0 tag, and I would not have posted my previous question. I didn't look at the mod page either, or I would have seen it was carried forward from last guide.

Who knows, I may have mistakenly added the tag :confusion:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Two of the interactions are becoming annoying to me.

The gift from a friend one is the main offender. It seems every time I go home to my Hearthfire home with all the NPCs hired by my steward, I inevitably have one of them handing me random junk as gifts, which I then need to remove.

Then there is the wizard duel guy challenging me to duels. Same NPC, so I recognize him coming. I wish he was more diversified since I see him multiple times.

All the other ones don't happen enough to become annoying.

There are settings I believe that we could adjust to set these to happen less/more often described in the comments.

I don't recall receiving gifts very often, but this is most likely because I don't bother building most of the Hearthfires homes, I don't have anyone other than a housecarl in my homes, and I rarely visit any of them other than whatitsname in Whiterun. I generally use the home in Whiterun for storage because it's centrally located and has the crafting benches next door or down the street at Arcadia's.

From what I remember, I see the fire/ice mages dueling each other more often than I see the wizard. I wonder if this may be because I primarily use a bow with a small bit of restoration magicka?

I just checked the conditions on the Wizard Duel quest and it's set to trigger if alteration, conjuration, destruction, restoration or illusion skills are >= 50 and the player is not at the College of Winterhold. If I'm reading this correctly, it looks as if there may be a few of these random events that were triggered to occur randomly after the series completed but Here We Go Again changes the trigger to randomly.

• 5 months later...
On 11/26/2021 at 5:56 PM, DoubleYou said:

The gift from a friend one is the main offender. It seems every time I go home to my Hearthfire home with all the NPCs hired by my steward, I inevitably have one of them handing me random junk as gifts, which I then need to remove.

I think this is specific to Hearthfire Extended but exacerbated and made worse by Here We Go Again. Looking at the HE plugin in xEdit, all hired personnel NPCs (servants & guards) are Ally of the player - that is one rank above Friend, so making them eligible to offer you gifts of random junk. On top of that, the HE servant NPCs are scripted to give the payer specific gifts such as honey, chicken eggs, milk...

I'm getting very annoyed by all these gifts from HE NPCs too.

Then there is the wizard duel guy challenging me to duels. Same NPC, so I recognize him coming. I wish he was more diversified since I see him multiple times.

Oh S___ Not You Again helps a bit with this issue but doesn't completely alleviate it IMHO.

I find both the Magic Student and Challenger encounters happen way too often too and are such a bore.

There are settings I believe that we could adjust to set these to happen less/more often described in the comments.

Yes, it's quite easy. Look for Form ID 000350F6 (WIChangeLocationNodeA) in xEdit and adjust the reset hours to your liking. Below shows 2 weeks (in game time) for both the Student and Challenger encounters:

WIChangeLocationNodeA Reset Hours.png

Same can be done to the 'Gift from a Friend', it's right below those.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know if this mod affects the frequency of all the encounters? I seem to get the one where you are attacked by named "race of attacker" more often. The Aliki'r and drunken nords seem to happen more often.

50 minutes ago, Eliian said:

Does anyone know if this mod affects the frequency of all the encounters? I seem to get the one where you are attacked by named "race of attacker" more often. The Aliki'r and drunken nords seem to happen more often.

The encounters and interactions/events affected by this mod are listed on the mod's page. It doesn't change any of the encounters you mentioned.

For the Alik'r encounter, I'd suggest this very effective remedy: Alikr Accusation Happens Only Once (by lilebonymace). It works perfectly in my experience.

11 hours ago, Mousetick said:

The encounters and interactions/events affected by this mod are listed on the mod's page. It doesn't change any of the encounters you mentioned.

For the Alik'r encounter, I'd suggest this very effective remedy: Alikr Accusation Happens Only Once (by lilebonymace). It works perfectly in my experience.

Ah I see. Yeah, it is not any of those encounters. Thanks for the suggestion!