Atlas Map Markers SE - Updated with MCM (by kryptopyr)

wojsku

Do you know from where this mod takes the names of the extra locations that are displayed on the map and on the HUD? In my setup, Shalidor's Maze is misspelled "Shalndor's Maze" and I'm trying to track down the bugger. This location is not marked in vanilla.

42 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Ok, found it - Thanks.

The mod doesn't appear to be maintained. In case STEP wants to patch it, it's in FormID 080F434E.

Yea, it is not Kryptopyr's mod from the begining. I do belive she is focused on maintaining her own mods. The original mod is from 2016 (and that is an update for the real orignal from 2012/2014).

• 2 weeks later...

kryptopyr recommends using the map.swf file from Atlas Map Markers - (by kronixx), but anyone who used that will know that it causes an error (because it's from an older version of SkyUI). Presumably it's a benign error - I can't imagine kryptopyr would have recommended it otherwise - but for anyone who wants to avoid the error and is willing to mess with JPEXS Decompiler, the relevant variable is MARKER_BASE_SIZE which can be found on line 727 of the P-code source under scripts/__Packages/Map/MapMarker. The variable can also be found in the Actionscript source, but I was advised* not to modify that.

* All this information is courtesy of Nexus user uranreactor.

2 hours ago, alphaniner said:

kryptopyr recommends using the map.swf file from Atlas Map Markers - (by kronixx), but anyone who used that will know that it causes an error (because it's from an older version of SkyUI). Presumably it's a benign error - I can't imagine kryptopyr would have recommended it otherwise - but for anyone who wants to avoid the error and is willing to mess with JPEXS Decompiler, the relevant variable is MARKER_BASE_SIZE which can be found on line 727 of the P-code source under scripts/__Packages/Map/MapMarker. The variable can also be found in the Actionscript source, but I was advised* not to modify that.

* All this information is courtesy of Nexus user uranreactor.

If you use Atlas Map Markers, I think the recommended solution to go into Mod Configuration > Sky UI > Advanced and disable SWF Version Checking for Map Menu. It's been several years since I used Atlas Map Markers, though.

• 4 months later...

Someone reported another small typo in the bugs section on Nexus: 'Shriekwind Overlook' is misspelled 'Shreikwind Overlook'.

If you'd like to fix it in the CR Patch, look for EditorID SLMMExitShreikwindOverlook in Atlas Map Markers.esp in xEdit.

image.png

4 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Someone reported another small typo in the bugs section on Nexus: 'Shriekwind Overlook' is misspelled 'Shreikwind Overlook'.

If you'd like to fix it in the CR Patch, look for EditorID SLMMExitShreikwindOverlook in Atlas Map Markers.esp in xEdit.

image.png

Thanks. I will address this.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Just a question for clarification, but why is the version with FISS support preferred?

It simplifies configuration for those that like to use MCM. The downside is that it relies on FISSES and can break when the game is updated. I rarely use MCM settings and prefer INI configs (set and forget). This one has lots of options though.

18 hours ago, z929669 said:

It simplifies configuration for those that like to use MCM. The downside is that it relies on FISSES and can break when the game is updated. I rarely use MCM settings and prefer INI configs (set and forget). This one has lots of options though.

Ah ok, thanks. I don't think I have any mods left now in my STEP+ list, since most of Kryptopyr's mods no longer support/ rely on FISS. Might as well get rid of it then.

• 3 weeks later...

Removed instructions. Simply install the latest version.
...was instructed to download FISS version from Old Files, but I believe we'll be phasing FISS out. Now that the mod has updated to a new version, there is no need to keep downloading the old version and not get the latest updates.