stoppingby4now

• 2 months later...

BOSS reported 4 ITM.

TES5Edit says:

• Removing: CW00A "Imperial Introductions" [QUST:000D3C5F]
  • Removing: MS01 "The Forsworn Conspiracy" [QUST:00018B4B]
  • Removing: CW00B "Stormcloak Introductions" [QUST:000E1B5A]
  • Removing: DA03 "A Daedra's Best Friend" [QUST:0001BFC4]
  • [Removing "Identical to Master" records done] Processed Records: 183, Removed Records: 4, Elapsed Time: 00:00
Are they safe to clean?

BOSS reported 4 ITM.

TES5Edit says:

• Removing: CW00A "Imperial Introductions" [QUST:000D3C5F]
  • Removing: MS01 "The Forsworn Conspiracy" [QUST:00018B4B]
  • Removing: CW00B "Stormcloak Introductions" [QUST:000E1B5A]
  • Removing: DA03 "A Daedra's Best Friend" [QUST:0001BFC4]
  • [Removing "Identical to Master" records done] Processed Records: 183, Removed Records: 4, Elapsed Time: 00:00
Are they safe to clean?

That's funny... I keep getting this message from TES5Edit instead, even though BOSS does tell me that the 4 dirty edits are there;

[Removing "Identical to Master" records done]  Processed Records: 183, Removed Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:00

Any ideas how I can fix it?

Also, I'm curious, and sorry if it's a silly question with an obvious answer, but how do you identify which records BOSS is referring to as dirty edits?

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

Version 1.3 don't have ITMs or UTRs, anymore, according to TES5Edit 3.0.30.

Conflict between 'Bring out your dead.esp' and 'TheChoiceisYours.esp' is still there, Skyrim Revisited patching instructions still apply, with exception that Wrye Bash requires adding 'unofficial skyrim patch.esp' to the patch-plugin's masterlist since 'bring out your dead.esp' has it as a master.

Tes5Edit doesn't show the conflict between 'TheChoiceisYours.esp' and 'BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions.esp' anymore.

I didn't check potential conflict with 'Book Covers Skyrim'.

Either way STEP 2.2.6 requires editing and updating in the matter of this mod.

you need to correct this entry.

"Dawnguard users: Also install the main Dawnguard file. This mod has a conflicts with Book Covers Skyrim. Conflicts with BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions and Bring Out Your Dead has been resolved in v1.3. "

There is still a conflict with 'bring out your dead' - it can be resolved by modifying ESP files in Tes5edit - following the Neovalen instructions from Skyrim Revisited.

I didn't confirm conflict with Book Covers mod.

and link to skyrim revisited instructions should be added to STEP.

The Choice Is Yours

Author: kryptopyr

Version: 1.2a (1.2 Main File + 1.2a Dawnguard Module)

Overrides: Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Warning-Logo.png      

Warning:This mod requires cleaning with TES5Edit.

To resolve the problem(s), perform the following:

Open TES5Edit.

Select TheChoiceIsYours.esp then click [OK].

Right-click TheChoiceIsYours.esp in the left pane and select "Apply Filter For Cleaning".

Right-click TheChoiceIsYours.esp and select "Remove Identical To Master Records".

Right-click TheChoiceIsYours.esp and select "Undelete and Disable References".

Click the [X] in the upper right hand corner, uncheck "Backup plugins", and click [OK].

NOT NECESSARY ANY MORE

Warning-Logo.png

Warning:This mod has an esp conflict with BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions.

Open TES5Edit.

Select BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions.esp and TheChoiceIsYours.esp then click [OK].

Expand "Activator" under BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions.esp and select the "000D987D" node.

Right-click the column for TheChoiceIsYours.esp and select "Copy as override into...".

Select "" and click [OK]. In the resulting text box type "TCIY-BAD Patch".

Drag the "FULL - Name" record from BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions.esp to TCIY-BAD Patch.esp.

Click the [X] in the upper right hand corner, uncheck "Backup plugins", and click [OK].

NOT NECESSARY ANY MORE

Warning-Logo.png       Warning:

This mod has an esp conflict with Bring Out Your Dead.

Open TES5Edit.

Select Bring Out Your Dead.esp and TheChoiceIsYours.esp then click [OK].

Expand "Non-Player Character (Actor)" under TheChoiceIsYours.esp and select the "0001996C" node.

Right-click the column for TheChoiceIsYours.esp and select "Copy as override into...".

Select "" and click [OK]. In the resulting text box type "TCIY-BOYD Patch".

Drag the "VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter" records from Bring Out Your Dead.esp to TCIY-BOYD Patch.esp.

STILL APPLIES

Warning-Logo.png       Warning:

This mod has an ESP conflict with Book Covers Skyrim.

Open TES5Edit.

Select Book Covers Skyrim.esp and TheChoiceIsYours.esp then click [OK].

Expand "Book" under TheChoiceIsYours.esp and select the "000D1955" node.

Right-click the column for Book Covers Skyrim.esp and select "Copy as override into...".

Select "" and click [OK]. In the resulting text box type "TCIY-BCS Patch".

Drag the "DESC - Book Text" from TheChoiceIsYours.esp to TCIY-BCS Patch.esp".

DIDN'T VERIFIED BY ME

Open Boss Userlist Manager.

Select TCIY-BAD Patch.esp in the lower-left pane.

Click the "AFTER" selection box and select "BOTTOM".

In the adjacent text box type "Compatibility Patches" and click [save Rule].

Select TCIY-BOYD Patch.esp in the lower-left pane.

Select TCIY-BCS Patch.esp in the lower-left pane.

Close Boss Userlist Manager and click [Yes] when prompted to save.

Navigate to /overwrite and move the new file(s) to /mods/The Choice Is Yours.

• 3 months later...

The mod author for Book Covers has provided a patch for the conflict between his mod and The Choice Is Yours. I suggest we remove the part of the note next to TCIY on the STEP guide which says "This mod has a conflicts with Book Covers Skyrim".

• 5 months later...

I'm working on a fairly substantial update for TCIY-Dawnguard.  I've always felt that the start of the Dawnguard quest is too linear.  The entire DLC is centered around giving your character the choice between two factions, but in order to start the quest you're forced to join the Dawnguard first, regardless of what your character's preferences might be.  This places an unnecessary limitation on the roleplaying options for this quest.

What I've done is opened up the start of the quest so that vampirically-inclined characters can complete Dimhollow Crypt, find Serana, and received Harkon's offer without ever having to pretend to care about Dawnguard's anti-vampire cause.  Of course joining the Dawnguard is still a viable option at any point up to where you've accepted Harkon's offer.

I'm currently polishing up the dialogue and running through the various new completion routes that are now available to make sure I haven't missed anything, but it's fairly close to being finished and ready for release.

My question, though, is what do I do with this file?  Do I simply update the TCIY-Dawnguard file on the existing page?  Or do you guys think that it would be better to give this it's own mod page?  A new page would probably increase the visibility of the mod, particularly since this change might appeal to some people who wouldn't otherwise use The Choice Is Yours.  On the other hand, it's nice having all TCIY files on a single page (there should be a preliminary Dragonborn file soon too), and it bolsters the existing mod to have it listed there.  Any thoughts?