Soul Gems Differ - Full and Empty (by Utopolyst)

stoppingby4now

Hi there, I just installed the 2.k. Clutter/Misl section and spent the last 2hrs trying to install and patch Soul Gems Differ - Animated Weapon Enchantments. My issue, if it is one is that Wrye Bash says Soul Gems Differ-NW-E.esp is Unrecognized version. Problem? No problem?

I am only useing Wrye Bash for Bash Patching. Installing through MO.

This won't be any problem whatsoever :)

Can this be fixed so we don't continue to get the error, or do we need to wait on an update to Wrye Bash, etc?

Both 1.4 and 1.3 have the same issue.

This is the vanilla texture from my DDSoptimzed vanilla textures... so I don't think it's a DDSopt issue. At least not with the latest version.

Posted Image

Could you send me that? Which version did you pull it from? All versions on the Nexus have the broken version, so it is not my fault :D

It might not be; however, it looks out of place and that's the whole reason I thought it was a DDSopt error. It just doesn't fit, especially on the table inside of Arcadia's. I'm all for retextures but they have to at least not break the flow of the visual artistry in the game.

The STEP recommendation says that it is "Packaged with a BAIN wizard that includes a STEP default to simplify installation."

However, neither in the BAIN wizard nor in the optional FOMOD installer can I find this STEP default? I'm using MO 1.05, but this problem also occured to me some time ago on another install when I was using MO 0.99.6

In the BAIN wizarrd, the package.txt is greyed out. Does that indicate an issue?

Owhh I see now. I was always under the impression that WB installers also worked in MO' date=' so BAIN is soemthing different then I guess or? I never used WB so I really don't know :)[/quote']

BAIN installers do work in MO; however, they're not the fancy "wizards" of WB. The wizards in WB are essentially just FOMODs (they work the same execpt are coded differently). Personally, I'd prefer FOMODs because they use XML which is a more open source and universal language.

You can install this mod in MO using the BAIN installer. Just use the wiki page to select the appropriate options. I might write a FOMOD for this...can't say right now since I'm tuckered out from all the updating today. :P

I updated the mod page with a FOMOD that I created for MO users. No more time consuming and irritating install.

• Visit the Soul Gems Differ wiki page.
  • Download the FOMOD provided.
  • Extract both the Soul Gems Differ mod and the downloaded FOMOD.
  • Copy the "Fomod" directory from the downloaded file into the Soul Gems Differ directory (the one with 522 items in it...literally, 522 items)
  • Repack into an archive using 7zip.
  • Install the mod using Mod Organizer
MO will use the new FOMOD to launch the installation. Only one option will be available and already selected. Simply click "Next" to install the mod with the STEP recommended options. Much simpler! :thumbsup: