Soul Gems Differ - Full and Empty (by Utopolyst)

stoppingby4now

The STEP Wiki's instructions on this mod are vague... do I download the .7z file on the Wiki as well as one of the files on the Nexus? If so' date=' do I download the main file (the BAIN Wizard one) or the FOMOD optional file? Or both? Or do I just download the FOMOD optional without even downloading the .7z on the Wiki?[/quote']

If you are using Wrye Bash, use the BAIN from the Nexus and nothing else. The version on the wiki is for those that do not use WB and its wizard installer, as it makes installation a no-brainer. I updated the SGD instructions for better clarity.

The STEP Wiki's instructions on this mod are vague... do I download the .7z file on the Wiki as well as one of the files on the Nexus? If so' date=' do I download the main file (the BAIN Wizard one) or the FOMOD optional file? Or both? Or do I just download the FOMOD optional without even downloading the .7z on the Wiki?[/quote']

If you are using Wrye Bash' date=' use the BAIN from the Nexus and nothing else. The version on the wiki is for those that do not use WB and its wizard installer, as it makes installation a no-brainer. I updated the SGD instructions for better clarity.[/quote']

Awesome, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

If you are using Wrye Bash' date=' use the BAIN from the Nexus and nothing else. The version on the wiki is for those that do not use WB and its wizard installer, as it makes installation a no-brainer. I updated the SGD instructions for better clarity.[/quote']

Awesome, thanks!

Aelius28 most be smarter than me, because I still cant figure this out. :-) Can you double check the instructions once again, and confirm they are correct? If they are, I will continue to try and get this mod installed properly.

I'm not using WB (using MO), and while I have tried this a few different ways, still having trouble.

Thanks!

Did you get the BAIN wizard version from Nexus, then get the STEP Fomod from the STEP wiki, and add (copy) the FOMOD folder from the the STEP Fomod into the BAIN Wizard version archive file (open the archive file and copy the Fomod folder into the file)? Then install with MO using the Fomod.

Did you get the BAIN wizard version from Nexus - Yes

then get the STEP Fomod from the STEP wiki - Yes

and add (copy) the FOMOD folder from the the STEP Fomod into the BAIN Wizard version archive file (open the archive file and copy the Fomod folder into the file)? - Yes

Then install with MO using the Fomod - Fail

But, it sounds like the instructions are correct, and the problem is my understanding of what I am doing. I will try again, and will be back.

Thanks for the reply!

So using BAIN with the STEP Fomod inserted, I go to install the mod. I get the directory window, with bunches of items (100 ESP - English) and so on. AT the bottom of the listing is the STEP fomod (Soul Gems Differ Fomod). ANd this is where I am confused as to how to proceed. I'm sure it is easy, but deselecting all the items doesnt seem appropriate (or easy), and nothing else I have tried has worked.

EDIT: Skyrim Redesigned is the other mod I am having trouble with. I have searched the forum, but have not found the solution.

I am new at this for sure, but I have most all CORE mods installed so far, plus a few more (totalling 160 at the moment).

I know enough to only be dangerous. :-)

The instructions on the Wiki are to get the BAIN package from Nexus, download the file with the FOMOD from the wiki, and then copy the FOMOD folder into the BAIN file. I tried installing this in MO and it worked fine. Other than manual installation the only other choice is to install the STEP version, which I did.

The instructions on the Wiki are to get the BAIN package from Nexus' date=' download the file with the FOMOD from the wiki, and then copy the FOMOD folder into the BAIN file. I tried installing this in MO and it worked fine. Other than manual installation the only other choice is to install the STEP version, which I did.[/quote']

WilliamImm long ago said he'd create a FOMOD for the updated version, but it never happened. Creating FOMODs turns out to be a technical PITA beyond belief, so I won't bother. For that alone, I really don't like NMM.

We need to get wizard support into a MO plugin.

If I had my way, I'd make installer scripts using Ruby or some other scripting language instead of extending C# or something. Crazy thing is, stuff like JRuby allows just that - a full Ruby scripting interface on top of Java. Feel like I could make some crazy stuff using that...

XML is great for documents and organized info, not for installers.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

The instructions on the Wiki are to get the BAIN package from Nexus' date=' download the file with the FOMOD from the wiki, and then copy the FOMOD folder into the BAIN file. I tried installing this in MO and it worked fine. Other than manual installation the only other choice is to install the STEP version, which I did.[/quote']

Yes, when I made that FOMOD I made it exclusively for STEP and MO users because it took 15 mins to install this one mod in MO without the FOMOD. So the only option is to install the STEP recommended choices at this time. I can update it later for all installation options but I don't see the need. If you're going with different options other than what STEP recommends then you might as well just do the BAIN install in MO and skip the FOMOD.

• 2 weeks later...

Does the following description of what I get when doing this installation, sound accurate, and if so, what is the next step?

So using BAIN with the STEP Fomod inserted, I go to install the mod. I get the directory window, with bunches of items (100 ESP - English) and so on. AT the bottom of the listing is the STEP fomod (Soul Gems Differ Fomod). ANd this is where I am confused as to how to proceed. I'm sure it is easy, but deselecting the 100+ items and then selecting only the FOMOD option doesnt seem appropriate (or easy), and nothing else I have tried has worked. And if I were to deselect the 100+ options and only have FOMOD selected, I am still not seeing what I set as a data directory. Is it possible the instructions have a mistake in them?