Site Maintenance ×

HQ Milky way galaxy (by Manesse)

stoppingby4now

• 3 months later...

After playing Skyrim for a bit, I'm not sure if this mod is really suitable. It does look good, but the fact that it is the Milky Way sort of throws out the immersion a bit. I'd personally suggest using the galaxy in Enhanced Night Skyrim, seeing as that's already a mod we're using, and it has one of the best looking galaxies, in my opinion.

If it would help, I can get some comparison screenshots for you guys.

Well I got a set of comparisons, of all four Enhanced Night Skyrim options, this mod, the Skyrim HD galaxy (which I didn't know was a thing), and the HRDLC one (I don't think I need to get a vanilla one in addition to this one?).

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Looking at these now, I would personally go for the Skyrim HD one, or, at a push, the blue ENS one. All of the other ENS ones are too colourful, the Milky Way one is obvious, and the HRDLC one is just too unnoticable.

• 3 weeks later...

Well a solar system in the galaxy that is light years away (say Alpha Centauri, 4light years, which is a very small distance compared to size of galaxy) could certainly see the milky way in a similar form/shape to the way people on the Earth see it. So for me, the world of Tamriel (say there is a similar planet in Alpha Centauri with even life on it) are likely seeing it akin to the way we see it. Of course exact star locations in the night sky would only be slightly different (not very noticable), so not a breaker for me. =p

https://www.atlasoftheuniverse.com/milkyway.html

Well a solar system in the galaxy that is light years away (say Alpha Centauri, 4light years, which is a very small distance compared to size of galaxy) could certainly see the milky way in a similar form/shape to the way people on the Earth see it. So for me, the world of Tamriel (say there is a similar planet in Alpha Centauri with even life on it) are likely seeing it akin to the way we see it. Of course exact star locations in the night sky would only be slightly different (not very noticable), so not a breaker for me. =p

https://www.atlasoftheuniverse.com/milkyway.html

For this Tamriel/Nirn must be in our universe, which is not working along with the lore for me at least. Nirn is in a universe of it's own, thus the possibility of a galaxy very similar to the milky way in sight of Nirn is not very high.

If you'ld say the lore in Tamriel is like the bible for christians, and so the universe started with a big bang instead of some almighty entity, then you might say, that Tamriel could be in our universe - but since I won't start denying all the lore-related stuff my character goes through during my hours of playtime, I'ld just say that it's in a different universe, and when people want to look at the milky way on their desktop instead of outside, so shall be it. But BTT this mod does not follow the STEP mandate, IF the criteria are strictly applied.