Site Maintenance ×

HQ Milky way galaxy (by Manesse)

stoppingby4now

Really, I don't get why do you guys consider it lore breaking. In theory, yes, I agree, but seriously, how many of you could actually tell it is Milky Way, if you weren't told??? Would you really recognised it if this mod was titled "Just another galaxy mod"? Is there even one person that ever went "Oh great Talos, do I really see Little Bear and Polaris star there?!" while looking at Skyrim sky with this mod installed?

Really' date=' I don't get why do you guys consider it lore breaking. In theory, yes, I agree, but seriously, how many of you could actually tell it is Milky Way, if you weren't told??? Would you really recognised it if this mod was titled "Just another galaxy mod"? Is there even one person that ever went "Oh great Talos, do I really see Little Bear and Polaris star there?!" while looking at Skyrim sky with this mod installed?[/quote']

Because the Elder Scrolls universe looks nothing like the Milky Way.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok, so if TES universe is entirely new universe, then surely all our assertions and discussions regarding other mods are wrong. For example, replacing moss on trees, someone said that where they lived the moss on trees if more yellow and we included the mod based on that suggestion. If this is another universe, we can't compare to Earth, no?

I just have a feeling that we're exaggerating when it comes to justifying mod inclusions/exclusions :)

Nevertheless, I will be keeping this mod, as it makes my Skyrim sky pretty and I can't really tell if this is Milky Way or not by looking at it. To me it's just a nice looking night sky :)

Ok, so if TES universe is entirely new universe, then surely all our assertions and discussions regarding other mods are wrong. For example, replacing moss on trees, someone said that where they lived the moss on trees if more yellow and we included the mod based on that suggestion. If this is another universe, we can't compare to Earth, no?

I just have a feeling that we're exaggerating when it comes to justifying mod inclusions/exclusions :)

Nevertheless, I will be keeping this mod, as it makes my Skyrim sky pretty and I can't really tell if this is Milky Way or not by looking at it. To me it's just a nice looking night sky :)

Placing our our galaxy inside the game is just a... "no" for STEP. This will make a little more since when we release the revised Mandate. For now the Serious HD galaxy will be the default (I think) as it's latest in the install order. (could be one of the other overhauls) You all are always free to use any mod that isn't in STEP. You guys/gals are also more than welcome to have a lore debate, but don't be surprised if it's mainly ignored by the staff at this point. We have a LOT going on right now preparing for 2.3 and packs and this is being done in all of our limited free time.

That's correct, The Elder Scrolls is an entirely different universe to our own, with its own cosmology, religion, laws of physics (to some degree), chemistry, biology, magic and real-life Gods. It doesn't mean that Nirn itself doesn't follow a lot of our earthly rules or that Tamriel is all that different from our own lands.

• 2 months later...

For now the Serious HD galaxy will be the default (I think) as it's latest in the install order. (could be one of the other overhauls)

Yeah, it's Skyrim HD. One of my posts on the first page shows what it looks like.

So I'm thinking I might go back to this mod. Where in the install order was it placed before? Can I just pop it in at the end of the Landscape Section?