wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

Yea,

bUsePreCulledObjects=0 loads the VIS

bUseCombinedObjects=1 default bUseCombinedObjects=0 you get ghosting of objects

Are you using the worldspace patch with VIS (The big one?) perhaps a better question is which world space patches are you using?

I believe it's 5.0.1? It's about 168,000k.

[Edit] 160,000K. I misread.

Edited by dstansberry

Ya been playing with that as well.

Been doing a write up and planing a couple of vids for combining texture packs and HOWto for world space.

trying to get a nice vanilla balance vs speed.

Only annoying thing I find is some textures, from some mods have overdone the specular and you get this "wrapped in plastic look", Makes me wonder if it's just me....

Edited by Gernash

It's been a bit generational

v1-v2 just navmehs and pre-vis combos but get the issue with ghosting of objects

v3 full blowen "proper" combine "very large"

v4-v5 plauing with just VIS files still getting the ghosting with combined objects

"VER6" cut down single cell edits of v3 with VIS where needed and navmesh the rest - this will be the final revision unless there is some "Breakthrough" with How this worldspace shananigans all seems to work.

This version still requires 

bUsePreCulledObjects=0 to load the new navmesh data

but you can use 

bUseCombinedObjects=0 without any ghosting side affects.

It's larger than the V5 but not a massive amount.

I've completed 2 zones and Made a hotfix/patch for Starlight is Bright again as a test.

All occlusion issues seem resolved.

I'll make a vid on the process and workarounds and how to make a template mod etc. in reguards to the MODWiki and how to workout everything. (It's slow, tedious and repetitive work so don't get too excited.) 

Some friendly feedback on the realism mods:

Horizon rebalances a lot in a great way. It does cause incompatibilities though. I have personally removed mods that has issues with Horizon, which is a great mod.

* Wasteland Imports - I removed it because its recipes needs to be rebalanced. A large part of Horizon is gathering water, food, ammo and stuff to heal you, which are a lot harder to find. Stimpacks no longer heal. They are renamed to adrenaline injectors and are used to heal companions.

* New recipes - I removed it because it contains recipes that stills thirst and heals. These are too easy to make and water should no longer heal with Horizon. New recipes can make food too easy to craft. The skill survivalist unlocks new recipes in Horizon. Adding another mod that adds a lot of recipes doesn't make sense.

* Synth Ovehaul - Synths, which you will meet in the first Brotherhood mission, drops a lot of Synth armor. They even drop heavy synth armor. This unbalances the game which is bad when you use an overhaul with the purpose to rebalance the game.

* Weapon mods - Horizon introduces a new system where many weapons will be broken and you have to use weapon parts to craft new weapons. This system will not work with new weapon mods if these aren't patched.

* Salvage beacons - I removed it since Horizon has a system, that I haven't tried, with cargo bots that are supposed to do the same thing

* Settlement resources rebalanced and other settlement mods - I removed all but Homemaker, since Horizon has a patch for it. Horizon rebalances settlements and the water purifying system. This makes it incompatible with other mods that does this, if they aren't rebalanced the same way as Horizon is. Many of the settlement mods can be used, I just don't personally build much in my settlements. Horizon also makes crops unpickable. I think this needs to be forwarded into your realism patch (not sure if you have done this, I don't think you have).

* Ephla's Unique Chems - New Chems - Unbalances Horizon. I removed it.

* Arbitration - Load before Horizon. I do not use the damage modifiers. Horizon makes the game hard enough, imo.

Edited by dreadflopp

How do you expand the BA2 in order to hide things?

The only way is to extract all files in the ba2 archive. Check the guide's instructions for workshop rearranged:

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Gernash/MODWiki#Workshop_Rearranged

@gernash

Armosrsmith has an odd file that I discovered since I use Wrye Bash:

Armorsmith Extended\zalteredbeastz\Knife sheath (shoulder & back).zip (a zip file !?)

Do you know anything about that? Is it a file that should be unpacked and moved to the data-folder (of the mod)?

Edited by dreadflopp

@Dreadflopp

Excellent feedback, THANKS!!!!!!!

I've as yet not had a change to play with it. I'll adjust the mods to suit the "HORIZONS" game play in due course.

(I thought I was done with world space but there are inconsistencies with Ver 5 that annoy me (Ghost items and Zone stitching))

I should have most of V6 done over the weekend.

I'll release the new CORE at the same time with new redirect and lighting patch so several Mods will no longer be required in the core.

It's really weird. The bubbles are there but the water is gone and of course with the water gone, I can't reach the valves. I'll probably use setstage to get past it; just hope that gets rid f the bubbles as well.

Remember that weird texture of concrete I posted a while back? Weird things happen at Thicket were the textures are wonky and I can't walk on the concrete, just fall through. Re-installing Better Quarry Sites corrects it for a while but it returns so I've removed it for now.