wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

MODWiki-Worldspace-SpringCleaning-Patch

(Less intense patch leaves everything in place.)

EDIT: I did not add Nukaworld and Farharbor if you need it please tell me I'll add it in.

I'll need it eventually.  I assume.  Won't everyone using Spring Cleaning need it?  Or at least want it?

I assume that just takes more time and you were hoping that your Spring Cleaning users were too cheap to spring for the full Season Pass.  ;-)

I Have a dream!!!! and it uses Visibility files that it generates making a large Patch It allows you to see New objects placed in game 3 cells away (as my computer does not have enough Ram. Later I'll make 9 cell version)

this patch uses/requires

bUseCombinedObjects=1

bUsePreCulledObjects=0

If you don't like my big patch you use the noprevis version

this patch uses/requires

bUseCombinedObjects=0

bUsePreCulledObjects=1

They both have the same NAVMESH

I recommend My large patch as it makes stuff nicer less flicker and texture pop. (try and you will see.)

I'm going through textures now and working out what's causing shimmer etc (VERY slow process)

Sooooooo, if I'm using bUseCombinedObjects=0, and your new Spring Cleaning patch, can I just ignore all that?

@c0c0c0

Spring Cleaning patch is for the large patch

and you need to use 

bUseCombinedObjects=1

bUsePreCulledObjects=0

as there are a couple of areas that hate life otherwise (objects in game missing building road etc.)

I'll need it eventually.  I assume.  Won't everyone using Spring Cleaning need it?  Or at least want it?

I assume that just takes more time and you were hoping that your Spring Cleaning users were too cheap to spring for the full Season Pass.  ;-)

No  :innocent:

Hi Gernash,

Looks like a great guide, but I have a few questions.

How important are the exact installation paths for MO and the various tools, and the location of ModOrganizerData? I would want it set up like this:

D:\Modding Tools\Mod Organizer 2

D:\Modding Tools\Mod Organizer 2\ModOrganizer2Data

D:\Modding Tools\FO4Edit

D:\Tools\BethINI

Not that I would mind terribly to follow your guide to the letter, but this would fit better with what I already have set up for other games and tools.

Also, should I stick with MO 2.0.7 or use the newer 2.0.8.3?

I just tried the Spring Cleaning patch on a save where I happened to be in the Fens on the way to Hangman's.  The building I was in, the one that's a raider spawn point between the railroad bridge and Hangman's, loaded invisible.  I had to toggle occlusion to be able to see it.  When I got to Hangman's, several items I had already scrapped were back and now unscrappable and un-delete-able.  Things like a big shack in the middle of the alley.

This may just be something you can't load in the middle of a game.

Hi Gernash,

Go with 2.0.7 as 2.0.8.3 has a lot of bugs you need to work around.

With 2.0.8.3 You need to change all the exe's to run as administrator by default or it causes hard crashes and files don't write correctly.

If your willing to put the time in to find the fixes for 2.0.8.3 it works, but 2.0.7 works better in most users cases. Not bug free, but better.

Hi Gernash,

Looks like a great guide, but I have a few questions.

How important are the exact installation paths for MO and the various tools, and the location of ModOrganizerData? I would want it set up like this:

D:\Modding Tools\Mod Organizer 2

D:\Modding Tools\Mod Organizer 2\ModOrganizer2Data

D:\Modding Tools\FO4Edit

D:\Tools\BethINI

Not that I would mind terribly to follow your guide to the letter, but this would fit better with what I already have set up for other games and tools.

The Location can be anywhere (Try to keep out of the FO4 install folder though and the Program files folders.)

I've had issues with 2.0.8.3.b I recommend sticking to 2.0.7 for now.

I just tried the Spring Cleaning patch on a save where I happened to be in the Fens on the way to Hangman's.  The building I was in, the one that's a raider spawn point between the railroad bridge and Hangman's, loaded invisible.  I had to toggle occlusion to be able to see it.  When I got to Hangman's, several items I had already scrapped were back and now unscrappable and un-delete-able.  Things like a big shack in the middle of the alley.

This may just be something you can't load in the middle of a game.

are you using the below settings? I've Added the NO PreVis tag to all the settlement areas to avoid "occlusion" perhaps this is your issue Spring Cleaning I'll wait on more reports before doing anything further

bUseCombinedObjects=1

bUsePreCulledObjects=0