wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

I use Homemaker a lot and half of my settlements are empty after updating because of clean save so def need a warning on updating. Would suggest a new play-through for update because it works fine without update and the updates are minimal in comparison to having to rebuild settlements. Just my two cents. 

Gernash,

I have a couple unsolicited suggestions for the core mod-list.  Take them for one man's opinion.

I'm assuming that this guide is similar to the main Skyrim guide in that the aim is not to *change* the game, per se, but to create a better vanilla-ish experience.  That, in turn, serves as a good base for each player to build the custom experience they want.  That said, I think you can simplify the core list by removing a few mods that I, IMHO, don't think really fit that description:

1. Gold Kit for Color Pipboy -anti-Black and White Screen
2. Updated ICONLIBS2 for DEF_UI

I know these two aren't essential because I play without them and it works just fine.  I know everyone has their own preferences, but I consider the vanilla green and black look to be a central part of the Fallout look & feel, and these mods make my Pip-boy look like an iPhone, which is just not quite as immersive.  But many people like color, which is fine.  I would suggest tagging them as "Optional".

3. CBBE
4. BodySlide and Outfit Studio

I think the latest Enhanced Vanilla Bodies looks pretty good.  And CBBE comes with some silly undergarments.  And while there ain't no wrong way to have fun, I don't see BodySlide as an essential part of an enhanced vanilla experience.  I'm of the opinion that if you aren't looking for something that specifically requires these (and nothing in this guide does), it's probably best to leave them out.  Way easier to add them in later than take them out.

5. V.A.F.S. - VaultTec Accelerated Focus System - Manual Criticals AND Bullet Time

This is pretty slick, but I think it's an optional.  That's mainly because I think that anything that *can* be optional probably *should* be.  That way, people aren't downloading a bunch of stuff they'll never use, and you don't have to patch for it.  Bug fixes and basic graphics improvements are one thing, but gameplay changes are another.

6. Lexington Interiors

Didn't you say this one was creating worldspace patching problems?  The two or three interiors I've encountered don't really feel like a seamless extension of the base game.  They aren't horrible, but I don't know that the game is diminished without it.

Side note:  Per some earlier discussion we had, I've been using "Don't Call Me Settler" with my fingers crossed.  I've been careful to *not* use any of the included scripts ("Summon Unassigned Settlers, Burn, Baby, Burn, etc.) and I haven't encountered any problems yet, through level 30.  The value I get is in the named settlers, and damaged resources notifications.  Don't kow if 30 levels is enough to call this mod "safe" for this specific usage, but I'm throwing the data point out there for anyone wondering.

I use Homemaker a lot and half of my settlements are empty after updating because of clean save so def need a warning on updating. Would suggest a new play-through for update because it works fine without update and the updates are minimal in comparison to having to rebuild settlements. Just my two cents. 

Just what I was fearing. Thanks for the warning.

I'm debating removing PRC-NAC. I am using the Decent Plus ENB (tweaked to remove ReShade so I can continue using Shadow Boost) and a couple tweaks in the ANAC holotape does wonderful things to it. My only problem is the nights are way too dark.

If I do remove PRC-NAC, should I continue to use your lighting patch?

I forgot to add:

7.  Gunner's Overhaul

I think this is a great idea, but it doesn't fit well with the rest of the game.  Non-hostile gunners still attack my camps and vault 75 is just weird.  But I notice it's part of your otherwise necessary worldspace patch, so I'm guessing that making it optional would create problems of some kind.

I'm debating removing PRC-NAC. I am using the Decent Plus ENB (tweaked to remove ReShade so I can continue using Shadow Boost) and a couple tweaks in the ANAC holotape does wonderful things to it. My only problem is the nights are way too dark.

If I do remove PRC-NAC, should I continue to use your lighting patch?

if it's to dark then that is ELFX as the patch is ELFX based.  install darker nights and set the default night level

lighting mods

modwiki light patch

darker nights

pipboy light

I forgot to add:

7.  Gunner's Overhaul

I think this is a great idea, but it doesn't fit well with the rest of the game.  Non-hostile gunners still attack my camps and vault 75 is just weird.  But I notice it's part of your otherwise necessary worldspace patch, so I'm guessing that making it optional would create problems of some kind.

there are some adjustments coming for this issues

Gernash,

I'm assuming that this guide is similar to the main Skyrim guide in that the aim is not to *change* the game, per se, but to create a better vanilla-ish experience.  That, in turn, serves as a good base for each player to build the custom experience they want.  That said, I think you can simplify the core list by removing a few mods that I, IMHO, don't think really fit that description:

1. Gold Kit for Color Pipboy -anti-Black and White Screen
2. Updated ICONLIBS2 for DEF_UI
3. CBBE
4. BodySlide and Outfit Studio
5. V.A.F.S. - VaultTec Accelerated Focus System - Manual Criticals AND Bullet Time
6. Lexington Interiors

1. bPipboyDisableFX=0 set pipboy settings to default should be all green now.

2. I see nothing wrong with the icons 

3. Body Physics work with Skeleton as per skyrim, the new animations in the works and currently in peoples mods use the nif.

4. Bodyslide Very few people would use it as the default body is sporty not Big bouncy booby big Butt

5. VAFS Peoples gameplay varies and this gives a Bullet time feel

6. I haven't updated the world space section as yet that will be revamped shortly.

The wiki is still in early stages I'm starting to consider a script to be able to change game settings to address some of these issues ingame 

basically you install all the mods then there are overwrites in the Holotape and you can choose you preferred setting in there.

But thanks for the suggestions I don't dismiss/ignore them, They are considered but the issues I have is the One shoe fits all problem.

Worldspace-patch

I've come across a road block where there is an occlusion plane larger than my computer can handle, I'll have to get more ram.

In the Interim I'll release a Worldspace patch without the VIS files and have the NO PreVis enabled so you don't get dead zones.

I'll release it later today.

Just throwing it out there, but this is a personal guide created and maintained by your friendly neighborhood Gernash and has nothing at all to do with the official STEP guide, other than being hosted on the wiki.

So the STEP paradigm of 'as close to vanilla as possible' while being 'enhanced' doesn't apply here unless G-man wants it to.

+1 baronaatista

STEP has many people assisting/reviewing mods and making it the best base.

I'm only one guy learning as I go (I'm trying to go to the nth degree when I find a point of interest but I have to learn the ins and outs with minimal info it's time consuming)

The Guide is just that a guide.

Since I started doing more with the guide people have not agreed with some things, and requested that some things be patched out.(I check out the issues and make a personal choice on it's inclusion)

I do not want to create a "Inspired By" mod/overhaul but use peoples work from the nexus as a whole.

I've had a think about some of the Patches as to how to distribute them But there is only so much I can do without Having 200 patches for 200 mods.

That is not the goal and it's not something I want to do or maintain.

Just throwing it out there, but this is a personal guide created and maintained by your friendly neighborhood Gernash and has nothing at all to do with the official STEP guide, other than being hosted on the wiki.

So the STEP paradigm of 'as close to vanilla as possible' while being 'enhanced' doesn't apply here unless G-man wants it to.

Not sure what I wrote to convince you I believed otherwise but, in the interest of clarity, let me note that I do not.  I have offered some feedback and Gernash is, obviously, free to do with it what he pleases.  I'm sure we are all looking for something that is as fun, widely accessible, and maintainable as possible.