Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD 2.18

sheson

Question

DynDOLOD 2.18 condensed update post

What’s New?

This is a simple maintenance update to address a bug and add updates for a couple mods.

See Full update post for 2.xx update instructions

Some Assembly Required

Caranthir Tower Reborn - DynDOLOD Resources contains an optimized full model of the tower for a little bit more performance friendly Neverfade LOD. Mesh rules also add LOD for the stone dragon and the portal building.

Optional: to sync concealing/revealing the tower from far distances install and overwrite the two original scripts with the ones from DynDOLOD Patches.

Verified working out of the box - included rules

Trollstigen

Verified working out of the box - added/updated meshes and/or textures

Killian Castle

Lyngwi - A Nordic Village

Fixes include

Fixed sometimes not falling back to billboard when generating ultra trees by Monobloc

[spoiler=Changelog DynDOLOD 2.18]DynDOLOD.exe - fixed sometimes not falling back to billboard when generating ultra trees

DynDOLOD.exe - add the worldspace Master as activate parent for Never Fade LOD/Full LOD objects

DynDOLOD.exe - set VWD on original base records used for dynamic LOD only as well

TexGen.exe - sync updates with DynDOLOD.exe

TexGen.exe - fixed generation of dlc01castlefortlod.dds

TexGen.exe - generation for impwood01lod.dds

Papyrus Scripts - activate worldspace Master in case the activate all function is called

DynDOLOD_Manual.html - updated compatibility information for several mods

DynDOLOD Resources - updated/added meshes/textures for better compatibility with mods

DynDOLOD Patches - added script patches for Caranthir Tower Reborn

See Full update post for full changelog, fully detailed update instructions and updated compatibility information for Skryim mods.

DynDOLOD 2.17

I am trying to set up DynDOLOD for the first time, and I seem to have everything sorted out, except Warburgs 3D Paper Map.

When I have the paper map installed and running after installing DynDOLOD, opening the map screen starts me off on the new map that DynDOLOD has created, before zooming out through the texture that paper map uses, which is essentially hovering in the sky above the world map. This results in the screen being zoomed in way to far on the paper map, and moving around the map now causes the icons for all the locations to drift.

I am basically hoping there is something I can do to create DynDOLOD from touching the world map entirely. The paper map already has the exact texture I need, and everything set up correctly. Would running the DynDOLOD.exe without the paper map activated be enough? (it takes 16 minutes to run, so I'm not eager to trial and error this). Is there some other setting I can go into and tell it to leave the world map alone?

Oh, and I can't just load the paper map after and use it to overrite the changes. NMM absolutely refuses to let me do that, even if I manually change the load order and launch SKSE directly, it doesn't accomplish anything.

I am trying to set up DynDOLOD for the first time, and I seem to have everything sorted out, except Warburgs 3D Paper Map.

When I have the paper map installed and running after installing DynDOLOD, opening the map screen starts me off on the new map that DynDOLOD has created, before zooming out through the texture that paper map uses, which is essentially hovering in the sky above the world map. This results in the screen being zoomed in way to far on the paper map, and moving around the map now causes the icons for all the locations to drift.

I am basically hoping there is something I can do to create DynDOLOD from touching the world map entirely. The paper map already has the exact texture I need, and everything set up correctly. Would running the DynDOLOD.exe without the paper map activated be enough? (it takes 16 minutes to run, so I'm not eager to trial and error this). Is there some other setting I can go into and tell it to leave the world map alone?

Oh, and I can't just load the paper map after and use it to overrite the changes. NMM absolutely refuses to let me do that, even if I manually change the load order and launch SKSE directly, it doesn't accomplish anything.

You should either make sure the papermap plugin is the last esp when generating with DynDOLOD from scratch so its world record edits are carried over, or generate without papermap plugin in the load order and then sort the plugin after DynDOLDO.esp

Edited by sheson

You should either make sure the papermap plugin is the last esp when generating with DynDOLOD from scratch so its world record edits are carried over, or generate without papermap plugin in the load order and then sort the plugin after DynDOLDO.esp

Thanks Sheson. I was having a total brain fart last night and didn't realize that having Paper Maps active had made them a master to DynDOLOD, which is why I couldn't load the paper maps last. Recreated DynDOLOD with Warburg removed, and then put it back in at the bottom of the load order, and it seems to have worked like a charm.

My compliments to the remade world map by the way. Even though I still like the paper map more, it's pretty cool seeing such a high detailed 'satellite photo' view of the world. I also thought you might be amused to know that in the course of installing your mod, I discovered that I have been running without an SKSE ini file for a lot longer than I care to admit, which may have been causing difficulties in my last playthrough. Anyway, thanks for the help, and thank you for making such an amazing mod.

Edited by SquareCanine

I was previously using 3d lods for trees and now want to switch back to 2d lods coz in some places it is very taxing can i just re-generate lod's again and activate it without following update procedure i.e without switching it off in MCM and saving and all that ?? or that update procedure is to be followed everytime ? i haven't changed anything in my game in relation to mods

I was previously using 3d lods for trees and now want to switch back to 2d lods coz in some places it is very taxing can i just re-generate lod's again and activate it without following update procedure i.e without switching it off in MCM and saving and all that ?? or that update procedure is to be followed everytime ? i haven't changed anything in my game in relation to mods

You can update the existing DynDOLOD.esp (and static / tree LOD) by keeping the current DynDOLOD.esp last in the in the load order, generate static/tree/dynamic LOD. Then merge the new output folder with the old output data, overwriting all old files.

When updating an existing DynDOLOD.esp still use an interior save, but it doesn't have to be "cleaned" - that is you can omit  the steps of starting the game and saving without the esp. The "clean" save game update procedure has to be done when generating a new DynDOLOD.esp from scratch.

See the "Updating" section in the manual for more info.

Edited by sheson

You can update the existing DynDOLOD.esp (and static / tree LOD) by keeping the current DynDOLOD.esp last in the in the load order, generate static/tree/dynamic LOD. Then merge the new output folder with the old output data, overwriting all old files.

When updating an existing DynDOLOD.esp still use an interior save, but it doesn't have to be "cleaned" - that is you can omit  the steps of starting the game and saving without the esp. The "clean" save game update procedure has to be done when generating a new DynDOLOD.esp from scratch.

See the "Updating" section in the manual for more info.

I ended up installing 2 more mods arthmoor's darkwater crossings and whistling mine and decided to re-generate lods and esp by clean saving. but i will remember this procedure next time if i don't change mods in between. Thanks sheson.

Edited by Matty013

I have a weird Glow on Lightsources in Markath, which is definitely coming from DynDOLOD. Tried to redo it a couple of times with FakeLights ON/OFF or MarkathWorld gone, but nothing helps. :o

If both child/parent Fake Light checkboxes are off when generating and this still happens in a new game, then there is a compatibility issue with a mod.

Find the real "source" of the object by looking up the form id in xEdit. The Editor ID of the DynDOLOD object will start with modname_formid of the object that the LOD was created for. Let me know which mod that is or if you need more detailed instructions.

Edited by sheson

The Glow is from "DefaultTorch01NS_NoMove_DynDOLOD_LOD". Doesn't look like a Mod.

That looks like the Editor ID of a base record. Look at the Editor ID of the Reference that is using that base record. It should look something like Skyrimesm_0A0D6E_DynDOLOD_LOD for example.

If the mod actually is Skyrim.esm look up the mentioned form id to check if a mod updates it.

Edited by sheson

Hi,

First of all : thx for this mod !
Sry for my bad english...

A problem occurs only at Solitude and whatever options I put (low, high, lights and fakelights unchecked...).
As you can see on the screenshot in the red circle, some textures are missing above the windows and even when I unchecked lights in options (the windows disappeared and only the roof is staying).
Or it could also be that the textures of the windows are not compatibles with the house in the red circle ?    

After many tests, I know it's because of DynDOLOD...

What's the problem Doc ? :)

post-6681-0-29000100-1474449212_thumb.jpg

Hi,

First of all : thx for this mod !

Sry for my bad english...

A problem occurs only at Solitude and whatever options I put (low, high, lights and fakelights unchecked...).

As you can see on the screenshot in the red circle, some textures are missing above the windows and even when I unchecked lights in options (the windows disappeared and only the roof is staying).

Or it could also be that the textures of the windows are not compatibles with the house in the red circle ?    

After many tests, I know it's because of DynDOLOD...

What's the problem Doc ? :)

See this answer