Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD 2.18

sheson

Question

DynDOLOD 2.18 condensed update post

What’s New?

This is a simple maintenance update to address a bug and add updates for a couple mods.

See Full update post for 2.xx update instructions

Some Assembly Required

Caranthir Tower Reborn - DynDOLOD Resources contains an optimized full model of the tower for a little bit more performance friendly Neverfade LOD. Mesh rules also add LOD for the stone dragon and the portal building.

Optional: to sync concealing/revealing the tower from far distances install and overwrite the two original scripts with the ones from DynDOLOD Patches.

Verified working out of the box - included rules

Trollstigen

Verified working out of the box - added/updated meshes and/or textures

Killian Castle

Lyngwi - A Nordic Village

Fixes include

Fixed sometimes not falling back to billboard when generating ultra trees by Monobloc

[spoiler=Changelog DynDOLOD 2.18]DynDOLOD.exe - fixed sometimes not falling back to billboard when generating ultra trees

DynDOLOD.exe - add the worldspace Master as activate parent for Never Fade LOD/Full LOD objects

DynDOLOD.exe - set VWD on original base records used for dynamic LOD only as well

TexGen.exe - sync updates with DynDOLOD.exe

TexGen.exe - fixed generation of dlc01castlefortlod.dds

TexGen.exe - generation for impwood01lod.dds

Papyrus Scripts - activate worldspace Master in case the activate all function is called

DynDOLOD_Manual.html - updated compatibility information for several mods

DynDOLOD Resources - updated/added meshes/textures for better compatibility with mods

DynDOLOD Patches - added script patches for Caranthir Tower Reborn

See Full update post for full changelog, fully detailed update instructions and updated compatibility information for Skryim mods.

DynDOLOD 2.17

Hey Sheson. What do you think would cause DynDOLOD to not generate Tree LOD for specific trees? I am following the SRLE Extended Legacy of the Dragonborn guide and I did everything as explained in the guide (Used ReLinker as well). However some of my trees have no LODs at all.

They are invisible from a distance but when I get close they just pop in. The guide uses Tamriel Reloaded, Caribou Gone, SFO, Enhanced Vanilla Trees and a Tree Megapatch (which apparently has billboards for Caribou Gone) to make them all play nicely together.

As an experiment, I moved the Megapatch below DynDOLOD, and the LODs for those trees appeared just fine but I got LOD mismatch with pines so I can't just keep the mod there. Now I asked in the SRLE LoTD discussion already, and while I got a few suggestions, none of them seemed to work, so I thought I'd ask here as well.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Sheson. What do you think would cause DynDOLOD to not generate Tree LOD for specific trees? I am following the SRLE Extended Legacy of the Dragonborn guide and I did everything as explained in the guide (Used ReLinker as well). However some of my trees have no LODs at all.

They are invisible from a distance but when I get close they just pop in. The guide uses Tamriel Reloaded, Caribou Gone, SFO, Enhanced Vanilla Trees and a Tree Megapatch (which apparently has billboards for Caribou Gone) to make them all play nicely together.

As an experiment, I moved the Megapatch below DynDOLOD, and the LODs for those trees appeared just fine but I got LOD mismatch with pines so I can't just keep the mod there. Now I asked in the SRLE LoTD discussion already, and while I got a few suggestions, none of them seemed to work, so I thought I'd ask here as well.

Thanks in advance!

DynDOLOD uses TES5LODGen to generate tree LOD. It requires that each base record of a tree that you want tree LOD for needs a billboard installed at the correct path/filename. If a type of tree doesn't get tree LOD it is a file not found problem.

The ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\TES5Edit_log.txt prints a list of billboards it seeks/finds when generating tree LOD for a worldspace. For example:

No billboard found at the path/filename for this tree (which is normal for this example)

A billboard was found at path/fiename for this tree

TreeAspen01 [TREE:0006A9E6] using LOD Textures\Terrain\LODGen\Skyrim.esm\TreeAspen01_0006A9E6.dds

As you can see the plugin, form ID and full model nif filename minus the extension of the tree base record are part of the path/filename. If any of it changes for a tree base record, copy/rename the billboard to the correct path/filename. If a billboard does not exist at all, it needs to be created.

Edited by sheson

Thanks! I found that these files were missing

https://pastebin.com/W952EHet

However I just can't find them anywhere. Not even in the original mod archive. A little strange that everyone has their LOD working fine and I get missing LODs. I must have overlooked something along the way.

Just note, that there are always tree base records that typically nobody ever creates billboards for, like shrubs and bushes. To verify exactly which trees you are missing billboards for, install Mfg console, then in the game go close to a tree with missing LOD, open console and click the tree.

Then check the "baseID" (the base record form ID) and "mod" (the plugin name) info on the right site. Together with the generation log you should be able to identify exactly which billboards are missing. With that info you should be able to follow up on the forum/thread for the tree mod.

Edited by sheson

Just note, that there are always tree base records that typically nobody ever creates billboards for, like shrubs and bushes. To verify exactly which trees you are missing billboards for, install Mfg console, then in the game go close to a tree with missing LOD, open console and click the tree.

Then check the "baseID" (the base record form ID) and "mod" (the plugin name) info on the right site. Together with the generation log you should be able to identify exactly which billboards are missing. With that info you should be able to follow up on the forum/thread for the tree mod.

Thanks for the help Sheson. That sounds like a good idea. I'll take a look. 

There's apparently some errors being picked up by Merge Plugins Standalone for the SolitudeExterior.esp from the latest version of DynDOLOD. Sorry if this has already been reported.

[spoiler=Error Messages]Errors[0]: SolitudeRow [CELL:00037EF0] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -14,25)
Errors[1]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN
Errors[2]: SolitudeAvenues [CELL:00037EEA] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -14,26)
Errors[3]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN
Errors[4]: SolitudeOrigin [CELL:00037EE9] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -16,25)
Errors[5]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN
Errors[6]: SolitudeCastleDourDistrict02 [CELL:00037EE8] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -16,26)
Errors[7]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN
Errors[8]: SolitudeArch [CELL:00037EE7] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -15,25)
Errors[9]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN
Errors[10]: SolitudeCastleDourDistrict01 [CELL:00037EE5] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -15,26)
Errors[11]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN
Errors[12]: [CELL:00037EE3] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -14,24)
Errors[13]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN
Errors[14]: SolitudeBluePalaceCourtyard [CELL:00037EE2] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -13,24)
Errors[15]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN
Errors[16]: SolitudeRow02 [CELL:00037EE1] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -13,25)
Errors[17]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN
Errors[18]: [CELL:0006FF55] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -14,23)
Errors[19]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN
Errors[20]: [CELL:0005FC86] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -13,23)
Errors[21]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN
Errors[22]: [CELL:00037EED] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -15,23)
Errors[23]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN
Errors[24]: SolitudeArch01 [CELL:0006E76E] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -17,24)
Errors[25]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN
Errors[26]: [CELL:0004E3DD] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -17,25)
Errors[27]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN

Edited by Turkeys

Hi guys.

I'm having an issue with TexGen, that I assume is going to involve a simple fix/stupid error on my part, but I cannot seem to find a solution anywhere.

I have been following Dirty Weasel's YouTube guide (actually followed Gamer Poet's video specifically for DynDOLOD install) as opposed to STEP installation, but I have read through STEP install vigorously for anything that might seem to be appropriate, to no avail.

The error I am getting is:-

textures\dlc01\dungeons\castle\castlewallstone05_n.dds not found!

I am using Mod Organizer, and have tried it with both MO managing/not managing archives.  Same either way.  I do have the USLEEP and HighRes patches installed.

I then loaded each of the Vanilla .bsa's into DDSOpt to find out that it's from HighResTexturePack02, and the texture is not in there.  The texture without _n is in that bsa, but not the _n version.

I have verified game cache on Steam, and again no texture in the bsa.

I downloaded the Optimized Vanilla textures from STEP.... still no texture.

The only thing I can think of is to actually optimize the textures myself, and maybe DDSOpt will generate the _n texture itself, as from what I gather, the _n is some form of lighting variation of the non-_n version.

But, as this seems a semi-complex, time-consuming task, I figured I would ask here first, if there is any other simple step in the process that I have somehow just missed.

I am desperately looking forward to getting into Skyrim again for the first time in a couple of years, and the first time I've ever had a rig good enough to actually have all of the graphical goodies available, but am always more interested in the content mods than graphics, so this is not life or death if I can't find a solution, but if I can have it all, I would like to.

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions.

Edited by Sullenskulls

There's apparently some errors being picked up by Merge Plugins Standalone for the SolitudeExterior.esp from the latest version of DynDOLOD. Sorry if this has already been reported.

[spoiler=Error Messages]Errors[0]: SolitudeRow [CELL:00037EF0] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -14,25)

Errors[1]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN

Errors[2]: SolitudeAvenues [CELL:00037EEA] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -14,26)

Errors[3]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN

Errors[4]: SolitudeOrigin [CELL:00037EE9] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -16,25)

Errors[5]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN

Errors[6]: SolitudeCastleDourDistrict02 [CELL:00037EE8] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -16,26)

Errors[7]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN

Errors[8]: SolitudeArch [CELL:00037EE7] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -15,25)

Errors[9]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN

Errors[10]: SolitudeCastleDourDistrict01 [CELL:00037EE5] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -15,26)

Errors[11]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN

Errors[12]: [CELL:00037EE3] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -14,24)

Errors[13]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN

Errors[14]: SolitudeBluePalaceCourtyard [CELL:00037EE2] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -13,24)

Errors[15]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN

Errors[16]: SolitudeRow02 [CELL:00037EE1] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -13,25)

Errors[17]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN

Errors[18]: [CELL:0006FF55] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -14,23)

Errors[19]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN

Errors[20]: [CELL:0005FC86] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -13,23)

Errors[21]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN

Errors[22]: [CELL:00037EED] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -15,23)

Errors[23]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN

Errors[24]: SolitudeArch01 [CELL:0006E76E] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -17,24)

Errors[25]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN

Errors[26]: [CELL:0004E3DD] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -17,25)

Errors[27]: CELL \ XCLR - Regions \ Region -> Found a REFR reference, expected: REGN

You probably want to reinstall SolitudeExterior.esp from DynDOLOD Resources. I just double checked with xEdit. It has no such errors.

Then load pre-merge load order into xEdit and check the reported cell records for which mod changes the XCLR records.

Make sure Skyrim.esm is not the one from Enderal.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1

Hi guys.

I'm having an issue with TexGen, that I assume is going to involve a simple fix/stupid error on my part, but I cannot seem to find a solution anywhere.

I have been following Dirty Weasel's YouTube guide (actually followed Gamer Poet's video specifically for DynDOLOD install) as opposed to STEP installation, but I have read through STEP install vigorously for anything that might seem to be appropriate, to no avail.

The error I am getting is:-

textures\dlc01\dungeons\castle\castlewallstone05_n.dds not found!

I am using Mod Organizer, and have tried it with both MO managing/not managing archives.  Same either way.  I do have the USLEEP and HighRes patches installed.

I then loaded each of the Vanilla .bsa's into DDSOpt to find out that it's from HighResTexturePack02, and the texture is not in there.  The texture without _n is in that bsa, but not the _n version.

I have verified game cache on Steam, and again no texture in the bsa.

I downloaded the Optimized Vanilla textures from STEP.... still no texture.

The only thing I can think of is to actually optimize the textures myself, and maybe DDSOpt will generate the _n texture itself, as from what I gather, the _n is some form of lighting variation of the non-_n version.

But, as this seems a semi-complex, time-consuming task, I figured I would ask here first, if there is any other simple step in the process that I have somehow just missed.

I am desperately looking forward to getting into Skyrim again for the first time in a couple of years, and the first time I've ever had a rig good enough to actually have all of the graphical goodies available, but am always more interested in the content mods than graphics, so this is not life or death if I can't find a solution, but if I can have it all, I would like to.

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions.

Post the entire log from that TexGen run from start to end  ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\TES5Edit_log.txt

castlewallstone05_n.dds does not exist. A copy is made at run time from castlewallstone03_n.dds which exists in Dawnguard.bsa or one of the Hi-Res bsa.

Edited by sheson

Post the entire log from that TexGen run from start to end  ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\TES5Edit_log.txt

castlewallstone05_n.dds does not exist. A copy is made at run time from castlewallstone03_n.dds which exists in Dawnguard.bsa or one of the Hi-Res bsa.

I had run the game several times during my attempts (again, with MO both managing, and not managing archives), so not sure why the copy wasn't created. I had also checked to see if all of the bsa's had loaded, and they had.

However, I have found a workaround:-

Noble Skyrim HD has a version of the castlewallstone05_n.dds texture in it, so with that installed, it seems to bypass the issue.

Thanks again.

I had run the game several times during my attempts (again, with MO both managing, and not managing archives), so not sure why the copy wasn't created. I had also checked to see if all of the bsa's had loaded, and they had.

However, I have found a workaround:-

Noble Skyrim HD has a version of the castlewallstone05_n.dds texture in it, so with that installed, it seems to bypass the issue.

Thanks again.

No workaround is needed if doing everything properly according to the manual. It would be better to fix the true cause.

You're right.  This just bypassed the issue.

It is now:-

textures\dlc01\soulcairn\bwallbasegray_n.dds not found!

that seems to be my problem.

My mod-list is now the complete SRLE, so the log file is too big to upload here apparently (1310kb), although I can only assume this is the relevant section of it:-

[00:00:00.178]	Background Loader: starting...
[00:00:00.179]	Background Loader: [Skyrim - Misc.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00:00.195]	Background Loader: [Skyrim - Shaders.bsa] Skipping Resources.
[00:00:00.195]	Background Loader: [Skyrim - Textures.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00:00.212]	Background Loader: [Skyrim - Interface.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00:00.213]	Background Loader: [Skyrim - Animations.bsa] Skipping Resources.
[00:00:00.213]	Background Loader: [Skyrim - Meshes.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00:00.234]	Background Loader: [Skyrim - Sounds.bsa] Skipping Resources.
[00:00:00.234]	Background Loader: [Skyrim - Voices.bsa] Skipping Resources.
[00:00:00.234]	Background Loader: [Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa] Skipping Resources.
[00:00:00.243]	Background Loader: [Skyrim - Shaders.bsa] Skipping Resources.
[00:00:00.243]	Background Loader: [Skyrim - Animations.bsa] Skipping Resources.
[00:00:00.243]	Background Loader: [Skyrim - Sounds.bsa] Skipping Resources.
[00:00:00.243]	Background Loader: [Skyrim - Voices.bsa] Skipping Resources.
[00:00:00.243]	Background Loader: [Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa] Skipping Resources.
[00:00:00.243]	Background Loader: [Update.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00:00.244]	Background Loader: [Dawnguard.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00:00.261]	Background Loader: [HearthFires.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00:00.264]	Background Loader: [Dragonborn.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00:00.294]	Background Loader: [Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00:00.357]	Background Loader: [HighResTexturePack01.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00:00.362]	Background Loader: [HighResTexturePack02.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00:00.376]	Background Loader: [HighResTexturePack03.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00:00.389]	Background Loader: [STEP DLC Optimized Textures - Standard.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00:00.391]	Background Loader: [STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures - Standard.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00:01.402]	Background Loader: [C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\] Setting Resource Path.
[00:00:01.402]	Background Loader: [Skyrim.esm] Loading file
[00:00:02.994]	Background Loader: [Skyrim.esm] Warning: File contains duplicated top level group: GRUP Top "HAZD"
[00:00:02.995]	Background Loader: [Skyrim.Hardcoded.keep.this.with.the.exe.and.otherwise.ignore.it.I.really.mean.it.dat] Loading file
[00:00:02.995]	Background Loader: [Skyrim.Hardcoded.keep.this.with.the.exe.and.otherwise.ignore.it.I.really.mean.it.dat] Adding master "Skyrim.esm"
[00:00:02.995]	Background Loader: [Update.esm] Loading file
[00:00:02.995]	Background Loader: [Update.esm] Adding master "Skyrim.esm"
[00:00:03.000]	Background Loader: [Dawnguard.esm] Loading file
[00:00:03.000]	Background Loader: [Dawnguard.esm] Adding master "Skyrim.esm"
[00:00:03.000]	Background Loader: [Dawnguard.esm] Adding master "Update.esm"
[00:00:03.184]	Background Loader: [HearthFires.esm] Loading file
[00:00:03.184]	Background Loader: [HearthFires.esm] Adding master "Skyrim.esm"
[00:00:03.215]	Background Loader: [Dragonborn.esm] Loading file
[00:00:03.215]	Background Loader: [Dragonborn.esm] Adding master "Skyrim.esm"
[00:00:03.215]	Background Loader: [Dragonborn.esm] Adding master "Update.esm"
[00:00:03.609]	Background Loader: [Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp] Loading file
[00:00:03.609]	Background Loader: [Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp] Adding master "Skyrim.esm"
[00:00:03.609]	Background Loader: [Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp] Adding master "Update.esm"
[00:00:03.610]	Background Loader: [Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp] Adding master "Dawnguard.esm"
[00:00:03.610]	Background Loader: [Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp] Adding master "HearthFires.esm"
[00:00:03.610]	Background Loader: [Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp] Adding master "Dragonborn.esm"
[00:00:03.718]	Background Loader: [Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm] Loading file
[00:00:03.718]	Background Loader: [Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm] Adding master "Skyrim.esm"
[00:00:03.718]	Background Loader: [Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm] Adding master "Update.esm"
[00:00:03.718]	Background Loader: [Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm] Adding master "Dawnguard.esm"
[00:00:03.718]	Background Loader: [Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm] Adding master "Dragonborn.esm"

As with the previous file, the _n is not in the .bsa.

You mentioned before, that these should generate on running the game.  I have loaded up the game through both MO, with full mod-list, and gone to various locations around skyrim to see if that helped.

I have loaded up a completely vanilla skyrim, both through MO profile, and through Steam, and again, gone to various locations.

Again, thanks in advance for any help.

Or maybe this section is the important info:-

[00:00:05.633]	DynDOLOD TexGen 2.18 (1) by Sheson, starting...
[00:00:05.646]	
[00:00:00.001]	Output path C:\Games\Skyrim Apps\DynDOLOD-59721-2-18\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\
[00:00:00.011]	Texture size 256
[00:00:00.093]	Creating some temporary files
[00:00:00.103]	    Processing C:\Games\Skyrim Apps\DynDOLOD-59721-2-18\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5_TexGen_copy_skyrimesm.txt
[00:00:00.156]	    Processing C:\Games\Skyrim Apps\DynDOLOD-59721-2-18\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5_TexGen_copy_dawnguardesm.txt
[00:00:00.187]	    Processing C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5_TexGen_copy_spiceoflifefortsesp.txt
[00:00:00.231]	Creating LOD textures
[00:00:00.240]	    Processing C:\Games\Skyrim Apps\DynDOLOD-59721-2-18\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5_TexGen_noalpha_skyrimesm.txt
[00:00:01.456]	    Processing C:\Games\Skyrim Apps\DynDOLOD-59721-2-18\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5_TexGen_alpha_skyrimesm.txt
[00:00:01.522]	    Processing C:\Games\Skyrim Apps\DynDOLOD-59721-2-18\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5_TexGen_noalpha_dawnguardesm.txt
[00:00:01.747]	textures\dlc01\soulcairn\bwallbasegray_n.dds not found!
[00:00:01.756]	textures\dlc01\soulcairn\bwallbasegray_n.dds not found!

Check the top of the log that all required *.BSA files are loaded. Turn off MO archive management.

Check that C:\Users[Your Username]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini (MO users check ..\ModOrganizer\profiles\[profile name]\skyrim.ini) is the default version and contains:

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

You're right.  This just bypassed the issue.

It is now:-

textures\dlc01\soulcairn\bwallbasegray_n.dds not found!

that seems to be my problem.

My mod-list is now the complete SRLE, so the log file is too big to upload here apparently (1310kb), although I can only assume this is the relevant section of it:-

As with the previous file, the _n is not in the .bsa.

Both castlewallstone05_n.dds and bwallbasegray_n.dds are created in the output path when the log writes "Creating some temporary files" and then "Processing C:\Games\Skyrim Apps\DynDOLOD-59721-2-18\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5_TexGen_copy_dawnguardesm.txt"

Since it is not complaining about the source files textures\dlc01\dungeons\castle\castlewallstone03_n.dds and textures\dlc01\soulcairn\bwallbase_n.dds it needs to create them, it seems something goes wrong when it tries to write the new files.

So, after TexGen.exe stops with the error, check if these files exist

C:\Games\Skyrim Apps\DynDOLOD-59721-2-18\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\dlc01\dungeons\castle\castlewallstone05_n.dds

C:\Games\Skyrim Apps\DynDOLOD-59721-2-18\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\dlc01\soulcairn\bwallbasegray_n.dds

and let me know if they are, or if directories exists but are empty. Based on the outcome we continue the troubleshooting.

Edited by sheson

Hi.

I have looked in the directories mentioned.

castlewallstone05_n.dds is there, but as I said, I have that from Noble Skyrim now.

bwallbasegray_n.dds is not.  bwallbasegray.dds is in the directory, so it is working correctly up until not being able to find the _n file.

The files in this directory currently are:-

bwallbase2.dds

bwallbase2_n.dds

bwallbasegray.dds

scmfloor3.dds

scmfloor3_n.dds

spirebasic.dds

spirebasic_n.dds

if that helps locate the issue.

Hi.

I have looked in the directories mentioned.

castlewallstone05_n.dds is there, but as I said, I have that from Noble Skyrim now.

bwallbasegray_n.dds is not.  bwallbasegray.dds is in the directory, so it is working correctly up until not being able to find the _n file.

The files in this directory currently are:-

bwallbase2.dds

bwallbase2_n.dds

bwallbasegray.dds

scmfloor3.dds

scmfloor3_n.dds

spirebasic.dds

spirebasic_n.dds

if that helps locate the issue.

Please replace ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD TexGen.pas with this version and then post the end of the log it produces.

It should look something like this

[00:00:00.270] Processing C:\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5_TexGen_copy_dawnguardesm.txt

[00:00:00.282] Copying textures\dlc01\dungeons\castle\castlewallstone03_n.dds to C:\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\dlc01\dungeons\castle\castlewallstone05_n.dds

[00:00:00.296] Copying textures\dlc01\soulcairn\bwallbase_n.dds to C:\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\dlc01\soulcairn\bwallbasegray_n.dds

but then probably write error messages that there were problems and then fail again and the same location later

Could you then try a second run with a different/shorter ouput path just like c:\output for example.