Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD 2.18

sheson

Question

DynDOLOD 2.18 condensed update post

What’s New?

This is a simple maintenance update to address a bug and add updates for a couple mods.

See Full update post for 2.xx update instructions

Some Assembly Required

Caranthir Tower Reborn - DynDOLOD Resources contains an optimized full model of the tower for a little bit more performance friendly Neverfade LOD. Mesh rules also add LOD for the stone dragon and the portal building.

Optional: to sync concealing/revealing the tower from far distances install and overwrite the two original scripts with the ones from DynDOLOD Patches.

Verified working out of the box - included rules

Trollstigen

Verified working out of the box - added/updated meshes and/or textures

Killian Castle

Lyngwi - A Nordic Village

Fixes include

Fixed sometimes not falling back to billboard when generating ultra trees by Monobloc

[spoiler=Changelog DynDOLOD 2.18]DynDOLOD.exe - fixed sometimes not falling back to billboard when generating ultra trees

DynDOLOD.exe - add the worldspace Master as activate parent for Never Fade LOD/Full LOD objects

DynDOLOD.exe - set VWD on original base records used for dynamic LOD only as well

TexGen.exe - sync updates with DynDOLOD.exe

TexGen.exe - fixed generation of dlc01castlefortlod.dds

TexGen.exe - generation for impwood01lod.dds

Papyrus Scripts - activate worldspace Master in case the activate all function is called

DynDOLOD_Manual.html - updated compatibility information for several mods

DynDOLOD Resources - updated/added meshes/textures for better compatibility with mods

DynDOLOD Patches - added script patches for Caranthir Tower Reborn

See Full update post for full changelog, fully detailed update instructions and updated compatibility information for Skryim mods.

DynDOLOD 2.17

Check overwrite folder. In MOs right window, Data tab, check what mod the TreeLod.dds and the *.lst and the *.btt files belong to. Then fix the error.

I think it was the "Automatic Archive Invalidation" option being checked while creating an Enderal profile in MO. I installed Enderal on two different PCs. One of them had that enabled, and I got those weird looking LODs. That mountain shouldn't be there as far as I know. I left that option unchecked on the other PC I installed Enderal on, and everything seems alright.

Ok, so I usually manage to troubleshoot and solve things on my own, but not this time. :(

I've had this problem for a couple of days. I'm using the current (2.18) version.

The problem for me is when I'm trying to generate LODs (DynDOLOD.exe) it stops responding when I get to the point where it says "Executing LODGen.exe".

This is what it looks like: https://i.imgur.com/hPKHDzM.png?1

Left it like that for over two hours just to be sure.

It's driving me nuts because I've never had this problem when generating LODs before. I've tried reinstalling both main files, setting different output folders, setting CreateFaster=0, and FasterBase=0 in DynDOLOD_TES5.ini

having MO manage archives unticked, resolved mod errors in TES5Edit but still nothing. I've looked through this forums as well (oh so many pages) but nothing that has been suggested has solved this issue.

I can't go back to using sucky LODs again. I really need this mod.

Ok, so I usually manage to troubleshoot and solve things on my own, but not this time. :(

I've had this problem for a couple of days. I'm using the current (2.18) version.

The problem for me is when I'm trying to generate LODs (DynDOLOD.exe) it stops responding when I get to the point where it says "Executing LODGen.exe".

This is what it looks like: https://i.imgur.com/hPKHDzM.png?1

Left it like that for over two hours just to be sure.

It's driving me nuts because I've never had this problem when generating LODs before. I've tried reinstalling both main files, setting different output folders, setting CreateFaster=0, and FasterBase=0 in DynDOLOD_TES5.ini

having MO manage archives unticked, resolved mod errors in TES5Edit but still nothing. I've looked through this forums as well (oh so many pages) but nothing that has been suggested has solved this issue.

I can't go back to using sucky LODs again. I really need this mod.

I am not surprised doing all these unrelated things didn't help with the problem that it tries to start the external LODGen.exe :)

Does the LODGen.exe process actually get started?

Is DynDOLOD started through MO? What MO version? What happens when you start DynDOLOD directly?

I could imagine some antivirus being problematic as well.

Try setting "run as administrator" on all *.exe involved.

The instructions say to install "outside of the game folders". Though in this case I do not believe it to be an issue.

Edited by sheson

I am not surprised doing all these unrelated things didn't help with the problem that it tries to start the external LODGen.exe :)

Does the LODGen.exe process actually get started?

Is DynDOLOD started through MO? What MO version? What happens when you start DynDOLOD directly?

I could imagine some antivirus being problematic as well.

Try setting "run as administrator" on all *.exe involved.

The instructions say to install "outside of the game folders". Though in this case I do not believe it to be an issue.

DynDOLOD is started through MO, I'm using version 1.3.11.

If I start DynDOLOD directly, it just says that no plugins gets loaded. All *.exe have been set to "Run as administrator". I have also set my firewall to allow LODGen.exe and DynDOLOD.exe.

Forgot to say that the TexGen worked without any problems. When I get to that point when LODGen.exe is executing Windows' resource monitor says that DynDOLOD.exe has stopped responding but LODGen.exe is still running.

However, I see no cpu activity.

DynDOLOD is started through MO, I'm using version 1.3.11.

If I start DynDOLOD directly, it just says that no plugins gets loaded. All *.exe have been set to "Run as administrator". I have also set my firewall to allow LODGen.exe and DynDOLOD.exe.

Forgot to say that the TexGen worked without any problems. When I get to that point when LODGen.exe is executing Windows' resource monitor says that DynDOLOD.exe has stopped responding but LODGen.exe is still running.

However, I see no cpu activity.

Both DynDOLOD.exe and LODGen.exe have no network connectivity and so do not require Firewall settings. Do check AntiVirus though if you use any.

Copy the entire command line starting with "L:\Steam\... to --skyblivionTexPath from the log into a command prompt window (cmd.exe) and see if starting it manually prints some kind of error message.

It may not be able to read/write certain files. I wonder if restarting Windows might help clearing that up.

If it starts directly at the command prompt but still refuses to start through MO, check MOs logfiles for "LODGen.exe" and potential error messages.

To run DynDOLOD.exe without MO, you need to make sure that all config files exist at their native locations. Starting the Launcher once usually takes care of that.

Edited by sheson

Both DynDOLOD.exe and LODGen.exe have no network connectivity and so do not require Firewall settings. Do check AntiVirus though if you use any.

Copy the entire command line starting with "L:\Steam\... to --skyblivionTexPath from the log into a command prompt window (cmd.exe) and see if starting it manually prints some kind of error message.

It may not be able to read/write certain files. I wonder if restarting Windows might help clearing that up.

If it starts directly at the command prompt but still refuses to start through MO, check MOs logfiles for "LODGen.exe" and potential error messages.

To run DynDOLOD.exe without MO, you need to make sure that all config files exist at their native locations. Starting the Launcher once usually takes care of that.

I'm using an antivirus, F-Secure. I tried generating LODs with it deactivated. And it worked! I feel a so stupid not figuring that out myself.

Thank you so much for the help and quick replies.

First of all - thanks for your hard work!

I might have a newbie question but I have to ask - if I am not happy (performance-wise) with the size of TexGen's textures (which I initially set to 512) and want to generate them again, do I have to run the DynDOLOD after once again? (I did it before ofc, when I generated 512 textures with TexGen)

First of all - thanks for your hard work!

I might have a newbie question but I have to ask - if I am not happy (performance-wise) with the size of TexGen's textures (which I initially set to 512) and want to generate them again, do I have to run the DynDOLOD after once again? (I did it before ofc, when I generated 512 textures with TexGen)

RTFM "Update Texture Atlas" in ..\Docs\DynDOLOD_TexGen.html for instruction how to just update the texture atlas for worldspaces that you already generated LOD for earlier..

Hi sheson,

Papyrus Utils have been updated to v.3.3. Is it ok  to use this version with DynDOLOD 2.18?

Yes

Edited by sheson