Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD 2.18

sheson

Question

DynDOLOD 2.18 condensed update post

What’s New?

This is a simple maintenance update to address a bug and add updates for a couple mods.

See Full update post for 2.xx update instructions

Some Assembly Required

Caranthir Tower Reborn - DynDOLOD Resources contains an optimized full model of the tower for a little bit more performance friendly Neverfade LOD. Mesh rules also add LOD for the stone dragon and the portal building.

Optional: to sync concealing/revealing the tower from far distances install and overwrite the two original scripts with the ones from DynDOLOD Patches.

Verified working out of the box - included rules

Trollstigen

Verified working out of the box - added/updated meshes and/or textures

Killian Castle

Lyngwi - A Nordic Village

Fixes include

Fixed sometimes not falling back to billboard when generating ultra trees by Monobloc

[spoiler=Changelog DynDOLOD 2.18]DynDOLOD.exe - fixed sometimes not falling back to billboard when generating ultra trees

DynDOLOD.exe - add the worldspace Master as activate parent for Never Fade LOD/Full LOD objects

DynDOLOD.exe - set VWD on original base records used for dynamic LOD only as well

TexGen.exe - sync updates with DynDOLOD.exe

TexGen.exe - fixed generation of dlc01castlefortlod.dds

TexGen.exe - generation for impwood01lod.dds

Papyrus Scripts - activate worldspace Master in case the activate all function is called

DynDOLOD_Manual.html - updated compatibility information for several mods

DynDOLOD Resources - updated/added meshes/textures for better compatibility with mods

DynDOLOD Patches - added script patches for Caranthir Tower Reborn

See Full update post for full changelog, fully detailed update instructions and updated compatibility information for Skryim mods.

DynDOLOD 2.17

I don't know when i changed it but i have it at 0.5...

I want full LOD textures on uGrids area when i use very high uGrids, but just for screenshots, not for playing.

So, it's a limit can't be fixed temporaly just for taking some sshots ?

There may be a setting to make the radius larger when using larger uGrids, but I do not remember it. I haven't done higher uGrids in ages.

Edited by sheson

Hi, just did a full re-install(skyrim) and new Dyndolod, 2.18. The result was a Dyndolod missed a number of Material records. A lot in better Better Dynamic Snow(static), some SMIM Materials (snow again), LoTD, Missed LTCN data(id 9299 and, 92b9), 2 instances(worldspace). Never had a run like that were so many records were missing. Ive had missing edits like this before, but usually few in number and not so consistent like this.  I chose the 'standard' options,+ glow windows, medium. No other patches or tweaks done. If I drag the missing records in via xedit, will that sufficient to fix it w/o resorting to a new install?

The BDS object it disliked was SnowMaterialObject1PBetterDynamicSnow [MATO:35001305] (and variants)

Edited by Mebantiza

Hi, just did a full re-install(skyrim) and new Dyndolod, 2.18. The result was a Dyndolod missed a number of Material records. A lot in better Better Dynamic Snow(static), some SMIM Materials (snow again), LoTD, Missed LTCN data(id 9299 and, 92b9), 2 instances(worldspace). Never had a run like that were so many records were missing. Ive had missing edits like this before, but usually few in number and not so consistent like this.  I chose the 'standard' options,+ glow windows, medium. No other patches or tweaks done. If I drag the missing records in via xedit, will that sufficient to fix it w/o resorting to a new install?

The BDS object it disliked was SnowMaterialObject1PBetterDynamicSnow [MATO:35001305] (and variants)

Are you saying that overwrites in DynDOLOD.esp for base records did not copy the DNAM \ Material from the last overwrite? Can you post a screenshot of such a record?

Or any other where data from the last overwrite did not make it into DynDOLOD.esp. It would be very unusual for the native xEdit deepcopy function to ignore data.

Are you sure there was no existing DynDOLOD.esp in the load order in which those records already existed?

Check all plugins for errors in xEdit.

What you are describing is not normal at all. There would be lots of posts from users seeing weird things happening in their game.

Edited by sheson

So I was generating LOD for my new load order today, and while LODGen.exe was running, it suddenly crashed saying "LODGeneratorCMD has stopped working". However DynDOLOD itself did not stop. A few seconds later another instance of the CMD popped up and the process continued as usual until it was complete. What kind of problems would this cause within the game?

Edited by Jailhouseblues

Are you saying that overwrites in DynDOLOD.esp for base records did not copy the DNAM \ Material from the last overwrite? Can you post a screenshot of such a record?

Or any other where data from the last overwrite did not make it into DynDOLOD.esp. It would be very unusual for the native xEdit deepcopy function to ignore data.

Are you sure there was no existing DynDOLOD.esp in the load order in which those records already existed?

Check all plugins for errors in xEdit.

What you are describing is not normal at all. There would be lots of posts from users seeing weird things happening in their game.

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/36760-0-1473280670.jpg

No, like I say, was a completely clean install of both Skyrim, and 2.18. No residue as it were. The vast majority, of BDS files did get pulled in Dynd just fine, it just skipped all those snow ones, along with 6 or so SMIM snow ones, and the couple from LOTD, for whatever reason. If I did all over again from scratch, it might not do this. Hard to known w/o trying.  Ive been dragging the record over into Dynd in xedit, hope that is sufficient to restore them in game?

So I was generating LOD for my new load order today, and while LODGen.exe was running, it suddenly crashed saying "LODGeneratorCMD has stopped working". However DynDOLOD itself did not stop. A few seconds later another instance of the CMD popped up and the process continued as usual until it was complete. What kind of problems would this cause within the game?

LODGen.exe is started once for each worldspace. So the one that crashed did fully generate static LOD for one worldspace. Whatever parts it did not create will still have vanilla LOD.

If you check the logfiles in  ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_*_log.txt you can find out which worldspace did not complete. Each successful one ends with "Log ended at [hh:mm:ss]". This line will be missing from the one.

You can try running only LODGen.exe for this worldspace again and see if it runs through this time - or catch the error message at least.

Set Expert=1 in '..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5.ini'

Start DynDOLOD.exe.

Select the world for which to generate for. This defines the export filename for LODGen.exe.

Click the button "Execute LODGen.exe"

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/36760-0-1473280670.jpg

No, like I say, was a completely clean install of both Skyrim, and 2.18. No residue as it were. The vast majority, of BDS files did get pulled in Dynd just fine, it just skipped all those snow ones, along with 6 or so SMIM snow ones, and the couple from LOTD, for whatever reason. If I did all over again from scratch, it might not do this. Hard to known w/o trying.  Ive been dragging the record over into Dynd in xedit, hope that is sufficient to restore them in game?

The screenshot shows it copied the Form ID correctly. However something went wrong with the load order form id or the Master Files table in DynDOLOD.esp

It almost looks like you or something else removed masters from the Master Files list after the data was copied and now the 0F of the form ID points to an empty or wrong entry.

xEdit would complain right away about this error when it tries to add the record, so it might have happened afterwards.

Position 0F hex of the Master Files list in DynDOLOD.esp needs to contain the filename for the BDS esp.

I could imagine an error in a plugin causing this. Load all plugins in xEdit.exe and check for errors. Otherwise I have no idea yet how that error could even happen when records are copied without the process throwing error messages and stopping right the moment it copied/created data with that error.

If you are certain no plugins have errors, that there are no errors in the log, e.g. the process completed successfully and you didn't edit DynDOLOD.esp in xEdit, you could try commenting out the lines 611 to 613 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD Worlds.pas by inserting // in front of them

// if not Settings.bUpdateDDOL then

// CleanMasters(NEWFILE);

// SortMasters(NEWFILE);

Those commands update the Master Files list, right before the end of the process. Then generate from scratch again. It is the only think related to the problem I can think of right now.

Edited by sheson

I keep getting missing .dds errors when running TexGen for the first time. I am following Gopher's video on youtube, and when I hit start it gives me the following error:

textures\landscape\frozenmarshice01.dds not found!

Check the top of the log that all required *.BSA files are loaded. Turn off MO archive management.

Check that C:\Users[Your Username]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini (MO users check ..\ModOrganizer\profiles\[profile name]\skyrim.ini) is the default version and contains:

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

I used BethINI for my INI files, I use MO, I have turned off MO archive management, and I have even re-extracted DynDOLOD folder as shown in the video. I was able to find this file in an archive folder I keep for mods on my desktop, but then I kept getting more .dds missing errors the one after this one is fxwatertile01.dds but I couldnt find it.

First time trying to use DynDOLOD and its easy to follow the video but these errors when running TexGen are confusing me.

TES5edit_log.txt

Edited by Sliverdraconis

I keep getting missing .dds errors when running TexGen for the first time. I am following Gopher's video on youtube, and when I hit start it gives me the following error:

textures\landscape\frozenmarshice01.dds not found!

Check the top of the log that all required *.BSA files are loaded. Turn off MO archive management.

Check that C:\Users[Your Username]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini (MO users check ..\ModOrganizer\profiles\[profile name]\skyrim.ini) is the default version and contains:

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

I used BethINI for my INI files, I use MO, I have turned off MO archive management, and I have even re-extracted DynDOLOD folder as shown in the video. I was able to find this file in an archive folder I keep for mods on my desktop, but then I kept getting more .dds missing errors the one after this one is fxwatertile01.dds but I couldnt find it.

First time trying to use DynDOLOD and its easy to follow the video but these errors when running TexGen are confusing me.

attachicon.gifTES5edit_log.txt

I am pretty sure you are following a video from Gamerpoets and not Gopher :;):

From the log all seems in order with the BSAs loading. The texture frozenmarshice01 is in Skyrim - Textures.bsa which is listed as being loaded.

The file may be corrupted. You could try to delete it and then validate the game in steam to have it download a fresh copy.

Edited by sheson

I am a NMM user and I dont know how to set the Billboard load order with NMM?

There is step in the youtube video ask me to set the billoard load order after the Hi-res DLC and above the other tree mods.
I find that I can only move the esp files with NMM?

Sorry for asking some silly questions, I am new to use this mod :P

I am a NMM user and I dont know how to set the Billboard load order with NMM?

There is step in the youtube video ask me to set the billoard load order after the Hi-res DLC and above the other tree mods.

I find that I can only move the esp files with NMM?

Sorry for asking some silly questions, I am new to use this mod :P

Billboards are texture dds file. They do not have esp plugin files. Typically the installation order defines the overwrite order.

Refer to the manual of the mod manager tool for how to change the overwrite order of loose texture files.

The Gamerpoets video covers this for NMM

This suddenly happens

"Exception EAccessViolation in module at DynDOLOD.exe at 0001112e. AccessViolation at address 0041112e in module DynDOLOD.exe. Read of address 604D59c6."

If problem persists, post error report with contents of ..\DynDOLOD\logs\TES5Edit_log.txt of the last session from "[00:00:00.000]    DynDOLOD based on xEdit starting session ..." to the end.

Edited by sheson

Ok, so been busy with work and stuff but I did delete Skyrim - Textures.bsa from my Data folder and had Steam revalidate files.  Re-ran TexGen from MO and ran into the exact same error again...I havent yet had the time to do anything else with my Skyrim due to training a puppy to be quiet at night :confused:. Anyways, when I can I am going to find a program to extract the bsa to verify that the stupid dds file is there. My guess is that its still corrupt but it is super weirding me out lol.

BTW! yea referencing the wrong guy for youtube.....thats what I get when I post for help tired....lol ::P:

Edited by Sliverdraconis

Ok, so been busy with work and stuff but I did delete Skyrim - Textures.bsa from my Data folder and had Steam revalidate files.  Re-ran TexGen from MO and ran into the exact same error again...I havent yet had the time to do anything else with my Skyrim due to training a puppy to be quiet at night :confused:. Anyways, when I can I am going to find a program to extract the bsa to verify that the stupid dds file is there. My guess is that its still corrupt but it is super weirding me out lol.

BTW! yea referencing the wrong guy for youtube.....thats what I get when I post for help tired....lol ::P:

If that doesn't help I suggest to move your SteamApps/Skyrim installation out of the Program Files (x86) folder.

You could also try running all tools as administrator.