Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD 2.18

sheson

Question

DynDOLOD 2.18 condensed update post

What’s New?

This is a simple maintenance update to address a bug and add updates for a couple mods.

See Full update post for 2.xx update instructions

Some Assembly Required

Caranthir Tower Reborn - DynDOLOD Resources contains an optimized full model of the tower for a little bit more performance friendly Neverfade LOD. Mesh rules also add LOD for the stone dragon and the portal building.

Optional: to sync concealing/revealing the tower from far distances install and overwrite the two original scripts with the ones from DynDOLOD Patches.

Verified working out of the box - included rules

Trollstigen

Verified working out of the box - added/updated meshes and/or textures

Killian Castle

Lyngwi - A Nordic Village

Fixes include

Fixed sometimes not falling back to billboard when generating ultra trees by Monobloc

[spoiler=Changelog DynDOLOD 2.18]DynDOLOD.exe - fixed sometimes not falling back to billboard when generating ultra trees

DynDOLOD.exe - add the worldspace Master as activate parent for Never Fade LOD/Full LOD objects

DynDOLOD.exe - set VWD on original base records used for dynamic LOD only as well

TexGen.exe - sync updates with DynDOLOD.exe

TexGen.exe - fixed generation of dlc01castlefortlod.dds

TexGen.exe - generation for impwood01lod.dds

Papyrus Scripts - activate worldspace Master in case the activate all function is called

DynDOLOD_Manual.html - updated compatibility information for several mods

DynDOLOD Resources - updated/added meshes/textures for better compatibility with mods

DynDOLOD Patches - added script patches for Caranthir Tower Reborn

See Full update post for full changelog, fully detailed update instructions and updated compatibility information for Skryim mods.

DynDOLOD 2.17

That looks like the Editor ID of a base record. Look at the Editor ID of the Reference that is using that base record. It should look something like Skyrimesm_0A0D6E_DynDOLOD_LOD for example.

If the mod actually is Skryim.esm look up the mentioned form id to check if a mod updates it.

glYrG53.png

QdnGl0t.png

Has to be FXfirewithEmbersLight or DefaultTorch01 ...

Edited by Hadley

glYrG53.png

QdnGl0t.png

Has to be FXfirewithEmbersLight or DefaultTorch01 ...

If it is a glow orb, it is the Torch.

Now look up the Form ID 0010191B which is the full "model" source reference for the LOD object if it was changed by a mod.

If it wasn't changed by a mod then then upload the load order.

It should not be really possible for references using LIGH to be picked up when both Fake light child world and Fake light parent world are unticked in the advanced options. Unless a mesh rule overrules something. Any other custom settings?

In any case the LOD should turn off when you are in that loaded cell. Any other dynamic LOD objects behaving strangely? Does this happen with a new game? Use coc MarkarthExterior01 from main menu, wait for initialization, walk into the city.

Edited by sheson

Merging Question. I just did a full reinstall and after it was complete, I decided to update my water mod. Switched from sparrowprinces w.a.t.e.r to RW2. What I wasn't prepared for, was a total of 4 ESPs related to that one mod. Dyndolod was generated using these four as is. What I was wondering was, if I merge all 4 RW2 ESP's into a single one, and remove the unneeded ones, and master a new merged RW2 ESP, will it break anything in the Dyndolod I just made? I know it will load and work, but will it point to all the right files once I create a new merge? Merge tool creates new formID's so not sure what that will do the dyndolod I just created. 

A secondary concern, not related to Dyndo, if its safe to merge those four esps in the first place (still haven't had any feedback on that question yet).

If it turns out its wont work the way I hope, I could always just do another install once I create a proper merged RW2 esp.

Edited by Mebantiza

Hi. I am just wondering if this can eliminate the moss pop in from walls? For example, I am setting the mesh mask/id to dungeons\imperial\exterior, then set the dyndolod options to grid=far full and reference=unchanged. The LODgen options are set to LODs(4,8,16)=blank(none) and VWD is unchecked . Is this the right way of doing it?

Merging Question. I just did a full reinstall and after it was complete, I decided to update my water mod. Switched from sparrowprinces w.a.t.e.r to RW2. What I wasn't prepared for, was a total of 4 ESPs related to that one mod. Dyndolod was generated using these four as is. What I was wondering was, if I merge all 4 RW2 ESP's into a single one, and remove the unneeded ones, and master a new merged RW2 ESP, will it break anything in the Dyndolod I just made? I know it will load and work, but will it point to all the right files once I create a new merge? Merge tool creates new formID's so not sure what that will do the dyndolod I just created. 

A secondary concern, not related to Dyndo, if its safe to merge those four esps in the first place (still haven't had any feedback on that question yet).

If it turns out its wont work the way I hope, I could always just do another install once I create a proper merged RW2 esp.

If the mods you are going to merge are not masters in the current DynDOLOD.esp and you haven't cleaned its masters since generation, it is save to merge those mods as no data from them was carried forward into DynDOLOD.esp.

I can not answer questions if other mods are save to merge.

Hi. I am just wondering if this can eliminate the moss pop in from walls? For example, I am setting the mesh mask/id to dungeons\imperial\exterior, then set the dyndolod options to grid=far full and reference=unchanged. The LODgen options are set to LODs(4,8,16)=blank(none) and VWD is unchecked . Is this the right way of doing it?

Moss on objects typically has decal fade flag set in the fill model nif. So, first you need to disable detail fade through ini settings that the decals show all the way regardless of distance.

[LightingShader]

fDecalLODFadeEnd=1.0000

fDecalLODFadeStart=1.0000

So that moss and other decals show all the way on full models. Or you could set the no_fade flag in the nif.

Then do the mesh rule setting as described. I think they should do what you want. If you only set LOD4 blank and leave LOD8/16 as they are, it should then use the full model for Far Grid but still have the static LOD model further away in LOD8/16.

Though the switch between Far Grid / LOD8 is not exact like it would be between LOD4/LOD8, so there will be bit of overlap in the distance or gaps sometimes. You have to make sure to set the max Block0 distance roughly to match the 21 * 1/2 of the Far Grid.

You can also try to set LOD4 to full model instead. It should keep the decals but without the fade. I programmed into the tools to set no_fade flag so they never fade regardless of INI settings. I have not fully tested this though.

Note though, that regardless of full model or LOD model - decals that do not fade at some point, the decals will always win z-fight, which at large distances means they will be in front of things they really shouldn't be.

Edited by sheson

Ok, I tried it and it and setting grids to far full works but I think my video card can't handle having full models for exteriors along with the ultra trees option because the game crashes after looking at a distant with many tree models. That and there is some z-fighting.

You could try crash fix OSAllocators with pre-loader. If you already use that, I guess it is just to much to handle for the current engine.

Question about updating my DYNDOLOD after adding some new textures (found some dragonborn architecture textures I want to use). Do I need to only rerun TexGen or do I need to rerun Worlds as well/follow the standard update procedure?

If only textures changed, see Docs/DynDOLOD_TexGen.html 'Update Texture Atlas' section

• +1 1

Hi, for the first time in, well, forever I am getting a CTD related to DynDOLOD.  I have just completed another overhaul to my load order and run dyndolod again without any changes to settings from those I've always used.  However now every time I try to start a game (new games, no saves) as soon as I click New Game > Yes in main menu I crash to desktop.  No crash fixes message.  If I disable dyndolod.esp I can start a new game without any issue.  I have checked everything in dyndolod.esp thoroughly in xEdit, there are no errors and I can't see any issues.  There were no messages in the dyndolod log indicating any errors.  It doesn't appear to be anything memory related, monitoring with SPM doesn't show any spike in CPU or GPU usage prior to the crash.  I have tried rerunning DynDOLOD several times leaving different combinations of final patches/CR disabled each time in case it was something I'd screwed up there but makes no difference.  I am running Holds The City Overhaul but as per their OP am leaving the patches disabled while running DynDOLOD (I have tried with and without, makes no difference).  I am also running Paper World Map, but again makes no difference if it is enabled or disabled when running DynDOLOD.  Holds and PWM are new additions so may be something there but I can't see what.

I've spent two days already on this, where should I be looking?