Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD 2.18

sheson

Question

DynDOLOD 2.18 condensed update post

What’s New?

This is a simple maintenance update to address a bug and add updates for a couple mods.

See Full update post for 2.xx update instructions

Some Assembly Required

Caranthir Tower Reborn - DynDOLOD Resources contains an optimized full model of the tower for a little bit more performance friendly Neverfade LOD. Mesh rules also add LOD for the stone dragon and the portal building.

Optional: to sync concealing/revealing the tower from far distances install and overwrite the two original scripts with the ones from DynDOLOD Patches.

Verified working out of the box - included rules

Trollstigen

Verified working out of the box - added/updated meshes and/or textures

Killian Castle

Lyngwi - A Nordic Village

Fixes include

Fixed sometimes not falling back to billboard when generating ultra trees by Monobloc

[spoiler=Changelog DynDOLOD 2.18]DynDOLOD.exe - fixed sometimes not falling back to billboard when generating ultra trees

DynDOLOD.exe - add the worldspace Master as activate parent for Never Fade LOD/Full LOD objects

DynDOLOD.exe - set VWD on original base records used for dynamic LOD only as well

TexGen.exe - sync updates with DynDOLOD.exe

TexGen.exe - fixed generation of dlc01castlefortlod.dds

TexGen.exe - generation for impwood01lod.dds

Papyrus Scripts - activate worldspace Master in case the activate all function is called

DynDOLOD_Manual.html - updated compatibility information for several mods

DynDOLOD Resources - updated/added meshes/textures for better compatibility with mods

DynDOLOD Patches - added script patches for Caranthir Tower Reborn

See Full update post for full changelog, fully detailed update instructions and updated compatibility information for Skryim mods.

DynDOLOD 2.17

Billboards are texture dds file. They do not have esp plugin files. Typically the installation order defines the overwrite order.

Refer to the manual of the mod manager tool for how to change the overwrite order of loose texture files.

The Gamerpoets video covers this for NMM

If problem persists, post error report with contents of ..\DynDOLOD\logs\TES5Edit_log.txt of the last session from "[00:00:00.000]    DynDOLOD based on xEdit starting session ..." to the end.

Is that means if I install the billboard on NMM, when it  ask overwrite or not, press yes to mod(hi-res dlc)?

Is that means if I install the billboard on NMM, when it  ask overwrite or not, press yes to mod(hi-res dlc)?

Billboards installations should not conflict with Hi-Res DLC at all so it should not even ask for overwrite permission. If it does, you should check the installation instructions for the billboards.

Edited by sheson

Billboards installations should not conflict with Hi-Res DLC at all so it should not even ask for overwrite permission. If it does, you should check the installation instructions for the billboards.oic

I finished the DynDOLOD.exe part, but I find that DynDOLOD_Output folder dont have DynDOLOD.esp and skse folder?

I finished the DynDOLOD.exe part, but I find that DynDOLOD_Output folder dont have DynDOLOD.esp and skse folder?

Select at least one worldspace or nothing will be generated.

If using the advanced options and the box "Generate DynDOLOD" is unchecked there won't be a SKSE folder.

Click the "Save & Exit" button at the end so it can save the DynDOLOD.esp to the output folder.

Ok I have figured it out now. It was such a simple issue, I feel quite stupid for not even thinking of it until now. SO!! To isolate whether it was my installation of Skyrim or if it was a mod in Mod Organizer I ran TexGen.exe outside of MO. It ran correctly, and did not encounter any errors so I stopped the task. I have Optimized Vanilla Textures installed and I had  renamed Skyrim - HD01.bsa to Skyrim - Textures.bsa following advice from a post on OVT's comment section to do so if using Mod Organizer. I then downloaded BSA unpacker from the Nexus to view Skyrim - HD01.bsa and come to find out I should NEVER have renamed that file. It does not include all the textures that are in Skyrim - Textures.bsa and I do not know how I missed that before.

Thank you for your patience and your advice Sheson, I am now on my way to finally experiencing another one of your wonderful additions to Skyrim. ::D: Thank you and be well! 

Looks like when I run TexGen, it is not finding a specified path. 

Might I have missed something in the installation process?

These are the final lines of the log:

[00:00:04.656] DynDOLOD TexGen 2.18 (1) by Sheson, starting...

[00:00:04.669]
[00:00:00.001] Output path S:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\
[00:00:00.010] Texture size 256
[00:00:00.079] Creating some temporary files
[00:00:00.088]    Processing S:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5_TexGen_copy_skyrimesm.txt
[00:00:00.105]
[00:00:00.105] Exception in unit userscript line 511: The specified path was not found
[00:00:00.105]
[00:00:00.105] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints.
[00:00:00.105] If problem persists, post error report with contents of ..\DynDOLOD\logs\TES5Edit_log.txt to https://forum.step-project.com/topic/5011-dynamic-distant-objects-lod-dyndolod

Edited by Cilogy

Looks like when I run TexGen, it is not finding a specified path. 

Might I have missed something in the installation process?

These are the final lines of the log:

You could try running all tools as administrator.

Do not install DynDOLOD into the protected Program Files (x86).

Do not install DynDOLOD into game folders.

I also suggest to move your SteamApps/Skyrim installation out of the Program Files (x86) folder

Edited by sheson

My Tree LOD for Enderal looks like this

https://i.imgur.com/qzsLEYT.jpg

and I can't figure out why. I ran DynDOLOD as well but nothing changed. When I got in game the trees were still weird like that and DynDOLOD kept giving me "could not locate .json" errors. Any ideas?

FAQ: Tree LOD: LOD trees textures cut off mid-way

A: Verify that the tree texture atlas Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds and the tree LOD in Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\*.* are the ones from the output folder and none of the files are overwritten by other mods. The tree texture atlas like Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds does not belong to the generated tree LOD in Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\*.*. Keep generated files in sync.

Replace Tamriel with Vyn obviously.

Edited by sheson

FAQ: Tree LOD: LOD trees textures cut off mid-way

A: Verify that the tree texture atlas Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds and the tree LOD in Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\*.* are the ones from the output folder and none of the files are overwritten by other mods. The tree texture atlas like Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds does not belong to the generated tree LOD in Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\*.*. Keep generated files in sync.

Replace Tamriel with Vyn obviously.

The thing is I have absolutely nothing overwriting the DynDOLOD Output folder in MO. It's at the bottom of my left pane load order and I am 100 percent sure I had both vanilla and Enderal billboards while generating LOD.

The thing is I have absolutely nothing overwriting the DynDOLOD Output folder in MO. It's at the bottom of my left pane load order and I am 100 percent sure I had both vanilla and Enderal billboards while generating LOD.

Check overwrite folder. In MOs right window, Data tab, check what mod the TreeLod.dds and the *.lst and the *.btt files belong to. Then fix the error.

Edited by sheson