Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD 2.18

sheson

Question

DynDOLOD 2.18 condensed update post

What’s New?

This is a simple maintenance update to address a bug and add updates for a couple mods.

See Full update post for 2.xx update instructions

Some Assembly Required

Caranthir Tower Reborn - DynDOLOD Resources contains an optimized full model of the tower for a little bit more performance friendly Neverfade LOD. Mesh rules also add LOD for the stone dragon and the portal building.

Optional: to sync concealing/revealing the tower from far distances install and overwrite the two original scripts with the ones from DynDOLOD Patches.

Verified working out of the box - included rules

Trollstigen

Verified working out of the box - added/updated meshes and/or textures

Killian Castle

Lyngwi - A Nordic Village

Fixes include

Fixed sometimes not falling back to billboard when generating ultra trees by Monobloc

[spoiler=Changelog DynDOLOD 2.18]DynDOLOD.exe - fixed sometimes not falling back to billboard when generating ultra trees

DynDOLOD.exe - add the worldspace Master as activate parent for Never Fade LOD/Full LOD objects

DynDOLOD.exe - set VWD on original base records used for dynamic LOD only as well

TexGen.exe - sync updates with DynDOLOD.exe

TexGen.exe - fixed generation of dlc01castlefortlod.dds

TexGen.exe - generation for impwood01lod.dds

Papyrus Scripts - activate worldspace Master in case the activate all function is called

DynDOLOD_Manual.html - updated compatibility information for several mods

DynDOLOD Resources - updated/added meshes/textures for better compatibility with mods

DynDOLOD Patches - added script patches for Caranthir Tower Reborn

See Full update post for full changelog, fully detailed update instructions and updated compatibility information for Skryim mods.

DynDOLOD 2.17

Here is small issue I run into time and again. Had this over the last several versions of Dyndolod, and several full re-installs. A very low res textured archway at the Explorer's guild entrance. Legacy of the devoted mod. Mentioned it to ICA, but he couldn't do much on it.

Latest version of everything.

Piece is a70963b5

Do you mean Legacy of the Dragonborn?

Either save game update gone wrong (test with a new game by using coc whiterun from main menu) or could be an object from a city child world needing a manual setting.

Look up the reference a70963b5 in xEdit and let me know its Editor ID which looks like [plugin-name]_[form_id]_DynDOLOD_LOD

If [plugin-name] is DynDOLODesp, look up that FormID by adding DynDOLOD load order id A7 in front of [form_id]. The Editor ID of that should look like [plugin-name]_[form_id]_DynDOLOD_TOWN.

From the Editor ID we will know which mod and which original object the LOD is for.

Edited by sheson

Do you mean Legacy of the Dragonborn?

Either save game update gone wrong (test with a new game by using coc whiterun from main menu) or could be an object from a city child world needing a manual setting.

Look up the reference a70963b5 in xEdit and let me know its Editor ID which looks like [plugin-name]_[form_id]_DynDOLOD_LOD

If [plugin-name] is DynDOLODesp, look up that FormID by adding DynDOLOD load order id A7 in front of [form_id]. The Editor ID of that should look like [plugin-name]_[form_id]_DynDOLOD_TOWN.

From the Editor ID we will know which mod and which original object the LOD is for.

[CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C])

Tamriel_Firstborn_13_13

Tamriel_FirstbornActivator "ThouShaltBowToMaster" [ACTI:A70954BA]  

devoted? Argh, I made a typo and didn't bother to actually check what it filled in.....its early here...

A new game wont work in this case, as that structure uses a BYOH system. IOW, you have to fairly far along in the game, and LOTD questlines to actually build it. It could be an artifact baked into the save im using, Ill have to play a lot more to actually tell though. Ive cleaned the save as best I can, but its pretty certain to contains residue from old mods. No way for me to tell if thats case here, but it wouldnt rule it out either.

[CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C])

Tamriel_Firstborn_13_13

Tamriel_FirstbornActivator "ThouShaltBowToMaster" [ACTI:A70954BA]  

Tamriel_FirstbornActivators do not have objects in the world.

I need the Editor ID of A70953B5 from the screenshot (made a typo earlier) which should look like LegacyoftheDragonbornesp_[form_id]_DynDOLOD_LOD

Edited by sheson

Tamriel_FirstbornActivators do not have objects in the world.

I need the Editor ID of A70953B5 from the screenshot (made a typo earlier) which should look like LegacyoftheDragonbornesp_[form_id]_DynDOLOD_LOD

This is interesting. That ID returns nothing. LoTD 16.9.2, but that arch has looked like that (for me anyhow), for some while. Loaded everything in load order > A70953B5

This is interesting. That ID returns nothing. LoTD 16.9.2, but that arch has looked like that (for me anyhow), for some while. Loaded everything in load order > A70953B5

That is the form id from your screenshot. Unless the load order of plugins changed, there has to be a reference for that number. If DynDOLOD.esp is not at load order A7 anymore adjust the number accordingly. Alternatively, while in the game click the object that supposedly is the full model for which the LOD models shows to get its reference form id directly.

Edited by sheson

That is the form id from your screenshot. Unless the load order of plugins changed, there has to be a reference for that number. If DynDOLOD.esp is not at load order A7 anymore adjust the number accordingly. Alternatively, while in the game click the object that supposedly is the full model for which the LOD models shows to get its reference form id directly.

Got it, 

[CELL:00009298] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -13,24)

LegacyoftheDragonbornesp_062A96_DynDOLOD_TOWN

SFarmPorch03DBM_DynDOLOD_LOD [sTAT:A60953B6]

Got it, 

[CELL:00009298] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -13,24)

LegacyoftheDragonbornesp_062A96_DynDOLOD_TOWN

SFarmPorch03DBM_DynDOLOD_LOD [sTAT:A60953B6]

Thanks, found it. Will be fixed next version. You do not have to wait for next version or generate again once it is out, just click the low res object in console like you already did, then type disable in console. It should not come back.

Hello, i was wondering if someone could assist me with an issue i have. I installed DynDOLOD per the instructions on GamerPoets video, but i don't think that this is working correctly. Here's couple of screenshots so you see what i mean. https://imgur.com/a/oxnUi

I also notice some terrain flickering which was extremely noticable while taking the High Hrothgar picture, as you can see in that picture some objects appear to be in water while actually the terrain just flickered. Everything from DynDOLOD is as lowest in MO left pane and DynDOLOD esps are at the bottom of my load order, only thing below is Automatic Variants esp.

Any help would be appreciated, already tried installing DynDOLOD twice but no difference, settings chosen during installation were high and as seen in pictures i increased settings in the MCM but no difference.

Hello, i was wondering if someone could assist me with an issue i have. I installed DynDOLOD per the instructions on GamerPoets video, but i don't think that this is working correctly. Here's couple of screenshots so you see what i mean. https://imgur.com/a/oxnUi

I also notice some terrain flickering which was extremely noticable while taking the High Hrothgar picture, as you can see in that picture some objects appear to be in water while actually the terrain just flickered. Everything from DynDOLOD is as lowest in MO left pane and DynDOLOD esps are at the bottom of my load order, only thing below is Automatic Variants esp.

Any help would be appreciated, already tried installing DynDOLOD twice but no difference, settings chosen during installation were high and as seen in pictures i increased settings in the MCM but no difference.

Do you mean the sparse trees?

Maybe you have mod installed that remove trees? If tree LOD is missing, the most likely cause is that not all the required LOD tree billboards for the load order are installed.

DynDLOD does not touch terrain/water LOD, it only does object and tree LOD. Water/terrain LOD z-fights at large distances, you probably just didn't notice it before.

low/high or top/bottom are ambiguous terms with MO since the sort order can be changed by different columns. Though I assume the order is such that DynDOLODs Output loads after (or has higher priority) than any other mods. However that won't help with LOD tree billboards not being available at generation time or terrain/water LOD z-fighting.

Edited by sheson

Thanks for the reply. Yes i meant the trees and terrain but the terrain problem you just explained, guess i have to fiddle around with my load order and add Enhanced Landscapes in, that would fix it right? As for the trees i only have enhanced vanilla trees installed, the way i understand from the description it should work out of the box? I have vanilla LOD billboards from TES5LODGen page, SFO billboards overwriting them, then enhanced vanilla trees which isn't overwriting neither and the only thing that overwrites that is DynDOLOD.

About the load order you're correct, sorry for my bad explanation on that, everything DynDOLOD related is overwriting any other files in my load order.

Edited by Iron529

Thanks for the reply. Yes i meant the trees and terrain but the terrain problem you just explained, guess i have to fiddle around with my load order and add Enhanced Landscapes in, that would fix it right? As for the trees i only have enhanced vanilla trees installed, the way i understand from the description it should work out of the box? I have vanilla LOD billboards from TES5LODGen page, SFO billboards overwriting them, then enhanced vanilla trees which isn't overwriting neither and the only thing that overwrites that is DynDOLOD.

About the load order you're correct, sorry for my bad explanation on that, everything DynDOLOD related is overwriting any other files in my load order.

Enhanced Landscapes adds more objects and trees. To improve terrain LOD you need to install a terrain LOD mod like High Quality LODs, Skyrim High Definition LODs, HD Detailed Terrain etc. which one depends on which textures best match the look of your load order - or generate your own with Oscape, but that is a bit more complicated.

You need to install billboards for both SFO and Enhanced Vanilla Trees (BillBoards Generator for Enhanced Vanilla Trees) in the same order as the mods are installed.

Ah, ok i will check up on those and run DynDOLOD again, thanks. The way i understood the description on Enhanced Vanilla Trees i was under the impression that the DynDOLOD folder inside the main mod was all i needed and further billboard generation was only for better visuals. Will check back after i get these sorted. Thanks again.

hi, i've been having some issues with the texgen program which probably causes all the other issues (mainly the tree LODs do not match even when using mods like enhanced trees instead of SFO)

so every time i try to run it from MO i get this error:

JV7u1FJ.jpg

with this log:

https://justpaste.it/yzp0

now, i tried the ini thing and ticking the v from the archive box (sorry for the loss of words, i didnt sleep in 2 days...) but it still gives me this issue!

thing is, the other program seems to work just fine from MO so im not sure why texgen is being so difficult with me...

thanks in advance and for all youve done so far, have my first born and all.

You could try running TexGen outside of MO and see if it happens again. Helped me in troubleshooting if it's the vanilla .bsa files or a mod added one and then work it up from there.

outside it works just fine but it doesnt use the mods in my load order