SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

Hi,

I got pretty far in a playthrough using this guide. The guide is a monumental effort, and I salute everyone involved.

My biggest gripe with the guide is game balance. Requiem is not just a mechanics overhaul, perk overhaul, etc, rather it aims to be a complete and holistic overhaul that touches many elements that interact with each other.

Some elements I found jarring:

1. Radioactive interiors adds a ton of items to stores that are easily stolen, seriously easing money issues and smithing advancement
  2. LotD rewards, which can be acquired very easily after handing in some books are ludicrously overpowered.
  3. Some of the embedded mods in LotD are terribly unbalanced. The armory of the Nine is as powerful as Requiem's Aetherium Armor, for example
  4. LotD's explorer's guild add powerful perks not aligned with Requiem's balance
  5. etc ... point being, all of the mods that add content need rebalancin

Another specific element is that the Bannered Mare has a few bugs. There are some floating chairs leading to the second storey, and the NPC in the later part of Dark Brotherhood quest is in a room that can't be reached without console use.

As has been mentioned, there is a flaw with Immersive Horses. I managed to get it 90% working, but Frost was always wonky.

Again, I salute the effort, but lots more work to be done.

Could you be more specific about that DB NPC? Do you mean Motierre at the end of the questline? Didn't encounter a single issue with the DB questline so far, but had to stop before disguising as Gourmet as the LotD questgiver Greigor won't be available later, so I need to pursue his quest first and travel to Solstheim.

4. could you be more specific, the excavation tree is mostly about enhancing the gain from dig sites, explorer tree is mostly carry weight to a maximum of 100 which equals 1 bag of holding (there are 4 in Requiem afaik) so no big deal either, academia tree: resistances are nice but not OP, increase in critical chance and damage no big deal either since critical damage in Requiem is rather insignificant, the remaining ones I haven't had so far but being ignored by draugr, taming chaurus/automatons sound problematic indeed.

2./3./5. Agreed, but the balancing problem begins with LotD itself, even in an otherwise vanilla Skyrim this mod is unbalanced, Sword of the Ancient Tongues for example has been totally OP until the mod author had time to play his own mod and see this for himself. Since the mod now seems to be in its final iteration, maybe SirJesto is willing to have a look at rebalancing the mod or at least the Requiem patch?

Something to consider is Requiem in itself is not that balanced. The difficulty for different builds can be immense, e.g. a pure destruction mage can wreck everything, while a light armored ranger with hunting bow and knife without magic stands no chance against centurions or dremora unless he has some insane endgame equipment, enchantings, alchemy or deadric artifacts.

So while I agree, that rebalancing should be done, the by far easiest way is self restraint on the player side. If some LotD items are to powerful, put them on display and be done with it. At the end the player himself is responsible for playing in a way he has fun with.

The SRLE Mod List Comparison Chart: Landscape and Environment is now updated for those interested in the different guides for the SRLE LoTD Mod Packs. Some of the mods used in other packs may not be listed yet. I use our guide sections from this topic as the base, so our WLSO (Weather, Lighting, and Sound Overhaul) section will not show up until later (after I have installed and benchmarked it myself). 

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH
  • +1 1

The Effects section did not require any updates. While I did not do a benchmark log for this small section, I did test the effects and everything seemed fine. I did update the Effects Comparison Chart.

The next section to look over will be Expanded Cities, Towns, and Villages. I wasn't planning on installing the Optional mods, only the Core mods, unless someone needs me to specifically test these out. When I have finished this section I will perform a benchmark log report.

The Effects section did not require any updates. While I did not do a benchmark log for this small section, I did test the effects and everything seemed fine. I did update the Effects Comparison Chart.

The next section to look over will be Expanded Cities, Towns, and Villages. I wasn't planning on installing the Optional mods, only the Core mods, unless someone needs me to specifically test these out. When I have finished this section I will perform a benchmark log report.

This section is likely to have some changes and I haven't gotten there yet... Holding off on looking at any of the ECTV stuff until after I get done with gameplay

[ECTV - Greater Skaal Village - Compatibility Version]

Optional

HQ
 Greater Skaal Village - CV1.02 - by YsCordelan
  • Note: Greater Skaal Village - Compatibility Version has been updated to version CV1.02. Version CV1.00 is still available in the OLD VERSIONS section. OPTIONAL FILES - OPTIONAL PACK -> ECTV Patches Merged should be checked to see if any updates are required.

Files to download :

• MAIN FILES - Greater Skaal Village - Compatibility Version

Mod Notes: This mod is an attempt to improve the Skaal Village, with the emphasis being on utility over aesthetics.

[settlements Expanded]

Optional

HQ
 Settlements Expanded - 1.2 - by Urtho
  • Note: Settlements Expanded has been updated to version 1.2. Version 1.0 is still available in the OLD VERSIONS section. 

Files to download :

• MAIN FILES - Settlements Expanded

Mod Notes: This mod aims to add on and expand several already existing settlements across Skyrim as well as adds in one (for now) completely new location that is lacking NPCs or structures of any kind in the base game.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

[skyrim Radioactive Glorified - Interiors Compilation]

Optional
 Skyrim Radioactive Glorified - Interiors Compilation - 2.3 - by Rose and Sette Files to download :

• MAIN FILES - Skyrim Radioactive Glorified - Interiors Compilation

Note: Skyrim Radioactive Glorified - Interiors Compilation has been updated to version 2.3. Version 2.1 is no longer available. OPTIONAL FILES - OPTIONAL PACK -> Skyrim Radioactive Glorified - Patches should be checked to see if any updates are required.

I just submitted the Benchmark Log report through Late Loaders. I only loaded the CORE mods. I experienced no issues in testing.

I was unable to get the Optional mods to merge properly, I know that JD will be working on all the ECTV mods sometime this weekend if he gets the opportunity. There will be a couple of additions as well the loss of the Spice of Life mods.

The next few sections I'll try to get to today will be Animal Companions and Mounts, New Creatures and Encounters, NPC Re-textures.

P.S. I love the new A Quality World Map Vivid Edition. High Quality 3D Map meshes and textures fixed the issues with the water. It looks great.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

At the onset Immersive Horses appears to be stable with the current mod installation up to Animal Companions and Mounts. I will begin testing the Horses for issues from here on out and hopefully find where the Immersive Horses problems begin showing up. I will be testing riding, dismounting, fast travel, having the horse wait while I fast travel, etc... Is there anything else I should specifically add to testing the game with the horses?

I am also testing The Bannered Mare with each benchmark. So far everything has been stable. Once I get to the Requiem installation, I'll be even more thorough with the in-game exploration and activity.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH
  • +1 1