SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

I've been reading the info in the description page about A Quality World Map. The latest version is 9.0.1 and is recommended because it has a reduced file size with the same quality. What is everyone's opinion of using this version? Of course, there are also some recommended ini tweaks for any of the versions that are chosen. I'll check back in tomorrow. I'm a bit tired and fixing to shut this computer down for the evening.

I've been reading the info in the description page about A Quality World Map. The latest version is 9.0.1 and is recommended because it has a reduced file size with the same quality. What is everyone's opinion of using this version? Of course, there are also some recommended ini tweaks for any of the versions that are chosen. I'll check back in tomorrow. I'm a bit tired and fixing to shut this computer down for the evening.

I was thinking about using Paper Map in the guide and just letting people choose whatever they want otherwise.

I'm going to install all the options and compare the quality and performance with SPM to see if any of them really make a difference. The only reason I'm a bit leary of mentioning the paper option is because of Chesko's note below:

"A NOTE ABOUT MAP MARKERS AND THE PAPER MAP

There is an outstanding issue where the paper map is rendered in 2D, but the markers are still 3D. So when the camera is panned around, the markers appear to "float" or "swim" across the map. It's worse in areas of high elevation. This is because the map marker's positions are determined by their 3D position in the game world. I'm sure this will absolutely wreck some people's immersion, but, I'd rather have IcePenguin's hard work released now. Personally, I think it looks pretty great. You might not agree, and that's OK. IcePenguin and I did the best we could.

The problem is that the world map camera is a perspective (3D) camera, and what we really want is an orthogonal projection (2D) camera. I can't change the camera type as that's deep in the game code. I can't fix it in the UI, either (I tried). The map marker positions are updated every frame by the game itself from pre-computed values. The only way to fix it would be to move the map markers themselves, and that's a risky change. It's possible that this might be a feasible thing to do, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for it. This is probably the closest we will ever get to a flat paper map.

Enjoy,

-- Chesko"

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

Hi,

I got pretty far in a playthrough using this guide. The guide is a monumental effort, and I salute everyone involved.

My biggest gripe with the guide is game balance. Requiem is not just a mechanics overhaul, perk overhaul, etc, rather it aims to be a complete and holistic overhaul that touches many elements that interact with each other.

Some elements I found jarring:

1. Radioactive interiors adds a ton of items to stores that are easily stolen, seriously easing money issues and smithing advancement
  2. LotD rewards, which can be acquired very easily after handing in some books are ludicrously overpowered.
  3. Some of the embedded mods in LotD are terribly unbalanced. The armory of the Nine is as powerful as Requiem's Aetherium Armor, for example
  4. LotD's explorer's guild add powerful perks not aligned with Requiem's balance
  5. etc ... point being, all of the mods that add content need rebalancin

Another specific element is that the Bannered Mare has a few bugs. There are some floating chairs leading to the second storey, and the NPC in the later part of Dark Brotherhood quest is in a room that can't be reached without console use.

As has been mentioned, there is a flaw with Immersive Horses. I managed to get it 90% working, but Frost was always wonky.

Again, I salute the effort, but lots more work to be done.

Hi,

I got pretty far in a playthrough using this guide. The guide is a monumental effort, and I salute everyone involved.

My biggest gripe with the guide is game balance. Requiem is not just a mechanics overhaul, perk overhaul, etc, rather it aims to be a complete and holistic overhaul that touches many elements that interact with each other.

Some elements I found jarring:

1. Radioactive interiors adds a ton of items to stores that are easily stolen, seriously easing money issues and smithing advancement
  2. LotD rewards, which can be acquired very easily after handing in some books are ludicrously overpowered.
  3. Some of the embedded mods in LotD are terribly unbalanced. The armory of the Nine is as powerful as Requiem's Aetherium Armor, for example
  4. LotD's explorer's guild add powerful perks not aligned with Requiem's balance
  5. etc ... point being, all of the mods that add content need rebalancin

Another specific element is that the Bannered Mare has a few bugs. There are some floating chairs leading to the second storey, and the NPC in the later part of Dark Brotherhood quest is in a room that can't be reached without console use.

As has been mentioned, there is a flaw with Immersive Horses. I managed to get it 90% working, but Frost was always wonky.

Again, I salute the effort, but lots more work to be done.

I'm performing a benchmark test after each section in an effort see where some of these problems are stemming from. I haven't actually played this mod pack yet, but I am looking forward to it. As Paul and JD have said throughout this topic, they can only fix issues that we report. It appears that not everyone seems to be experiencing the same issues all the time though, so it is kind of difficult to narrow down the problem. 

About A Quality World Map, I didn't like the Paper Map. Markers definitely glide around as you view locations, it was annoying. The newer versions are certainly more Vivid and look much brighter than the Classic. The water looks a little funky though, it's dotted all over, but the terrain looks amazing. I really didn't notice much of a performance impact with either the Classic or Vivid versions.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

I'm performing a benchmark test after each section in an effort see where some of these problems are stemming from. I haven't actually played this mod pack yet, but I am looking forward to it. As Paul and JD have said throughout this topic, they can only fix issues that we report. It appears that not everyone seems to be experiencing the same issues all the time though, so it is kind of difficult to narrow down the problem. 

Fair enough... its a complex guide, all sorts of things could cause variance.

But I would like to make sure my balance comments don't get lost in the shuffle. The decision might be that such an activity is beyond the scope of the guide, but as it stands, (IMHO) Requiem is 'damaged' by the additional content.

If I'm correct Michi's saying there needs to be a Requiem-LOTD patch at the very least, yes?

Yes.  There's currently a Requiem patch but it's a technical patch rather than a balance patch.

it was known that a balance pass would need to happen but I never had the time to go further into it.  I think a numerical balance pass on the added armor and weapons wouldn't take up all that much time.  Properly perking up the monsters would be alot more effort since it involves a lot of play testing.

As far as Radioactive goes... it's a role playing game, you don't have to pick up everything in the game if you're not playing a klepto. ;) Luckily Skyrim Radioactive is totally optional and can just be left out for people that feel differently.

Edit...  Michi are you saying there's alot of things not marked as owned or that there's just alot of stuff you can take in general?  If the stuff isn't properly marked as owned by the vendor and thus not a crime to pick up then that's something that definitely should be fixed..

Edited by jdsmith2816

How attached are people to wildcat? I'm thinking about dropping it from the guide until a proper patch can be created.. the one we're using is way out of date and wildcat has changed significantly since it was created.

Just gonna update the patch myself. Proves once more that you can't count on anyone but yourself.