SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

Getting my @ss handed to me.  I use the attacked by a dragon start and looted the bandits gear that were killed in the attack.  I couldn't use heavy armour or anything accept leather...Brutal. Then went to Pinewatch hut right near there, pick an easy lock, and then got trapped inside when the door re-locked as adept.  Didn't think doors should relock but I push on into an underground cave system just completely getting my @ss kicked as these guys are using heavy armour and 2 handed weapons...and I can't escape! I'm enjoying it but it's a very rough start... 

Ah, the assumption in YASH is that you're nobody... You're literally a peasant farmer with no skills at the start.  One should not expect to dominate anything in the beginning.  Start by training some skills with the training dummies... you can get to lvl 15 in 1-handed, 2-Handed, Markmsman and Destruction utilising them...  Alternatively try starting some alchemy... There's lots of ways to get going just don't expect to lay waste to bandits and such at lvl 1 :)

Bunch of mods got updates, specifically LotD to v17 and UnmeiX has resurfaced and updated his KFR and COR patches for Requiem. Also, Minor Arcana. Has anyone had a chance to see if the patches from this guide need to be updated, or can we just apply these updates and re-run the Reqtifcator?

Edited by Michi

Literally was going to ask the same question Michi.

I am stuck at LoTD because the guide is still referring to a older version of it, so I have no idea if I must wait or continue installing.

My gut is telling me to wait before I freeball it and get it wrong horribly.

Realistically, the chances of breaking anything really badly by updating is pretty small. Most updates are just that, updates, as opposed to massive overhauls. Additionally, patch-makers are usually extremely quick at jumping on, and patching out/up anything really glaringly bad.

If something strange does occur, note it, take screen shots etc, come in here and give us the info and we'll be sure to work it out pretty quick.  ::):

Edited by Nozzer66

As anyone tried the Vanilla Start ("caught crossing the border" from Alternate Start) with the Requiem setup?

I asked because the 2 carriage horse turn left too a bit too early just before the first curb.

This causes them to be stuck while attempting to climb the mountain. It seems they want to make a straight path to Helgen from that point on.

I wonder if others are having this issue.

Bunch of mods got updates, specifically LotD to v17 and UnmeiX has resurfaced and updated his KFR and COR patches for Requiem. Also, Minor Arcana. Has anyone had a chance to see if the patches from this guide need to be updated, or can we just apply these updates and re-run the Reqtifcator?

LotD update should be safe... I'll probably end up updating a few of our guide specific patches to account for changes but nothing should actually break...

Updating UnmeiX's patches will not break anything but there are many cases where we are overwriting values for consistency as it hadn't been updated in ages while requiem had been changing... Again, safe ot update.. eventually I'll update our custom patches to not overwrite values that no longer need overwriting..

Sorry for the overall lack of activity. I've simply had no time for gaming in the past couple months.. what time I've had has simply been responding on the forums here.

As anyone tried the Vanilla Start ("caught crossing the border" from Alternate Start) with the Requiem setup?

I asked because the 2 carriage horse turn left too a bit too early just before the first curb.

This causes them to be stuck while attempting to climb the mountain. It seems they want to make a straight path to Helgen from that point on.

I wonder if others are having this issue.

Ah, that sucks.  I've never noticed that but then again I haven't done a vanilla start in ages.   The opening scene is HEAVILY scripted and as such is very sensitive to script latency... it can cause all kinds of issues including the typoes of things you are mentioning.

Edited by jdsmith2816
  • +1 1

Vanilla start actually a bit random.

Here's what I have experienced.

1. Gate entrance won't open and the carriages just casually walking and ramming their head to the gate.

2. My carriage ram into the walking npcs (the one that walks from the mountain) and cause the cart to spin around.

3. My cart driver got attacked by wolves for some reason, and hadvar tried to rescue him although it all ended with me not moving at all after hadvar killed the wolves and the driver dead.

4. If you enabled frostfall at ASLAL Lokir will fall from the cart and your character have a big chance of freezing to death before you can get down from it.

5. Still with frostfall enabled I have 1 more scenario involving Lokir, Lokir fall from cart and which then make the guards scene where they should kill Lokir ended up with them firing unlimited times at where Lokir should be.

6. The cart stop at helgen but after the horse reach the end it will glitch out like crazy and spin the carts into the air.

7. Hadvar went off by himself with his horse at start. When we all arrived hadvar is not there so the get off from cart scene not playing.

This all can't be reproduced if you wanted for some reason, and its all random.

Ah, that sucks.  I've never noticed that but then again I haven't done a vanilla start in ages.   The opening scene is HEAVILY scripted and as such is very sensitive to script latency... it can cause all kinds of issues including the typoes of things you are mentioning.

Vanilla start actually a bit random.

Here's what I have experienced.

1. Gate entrance won't open and the carriages just casually walking and ramming their head to the gate.

2. My carriage ram into the walking npcs (the one that walks from the mountain) and cause the cart to spin around.

3. My cart driver got attacked by wolves for some reason, and hadvar tried to rescue him although it all ended with me not moving at all after hadvar killed the wolves and the driver dead.

4. If you enabled frostfall at ASLAL Lokir will fall from the cart and your character have a big chance of freezing to death before you can get down from it.

5. Still with frostfall enabled I have 1 more scenario involving Lokir, Lokir fall from cart and which then make the guards scene where they should kill Lokir ended up with them firing unlimited times at where Lokir should be.

6. The cart stop at helgen but after the horse reach the end it will glitch out like crazy and spin the carts into the air.

7. Hadvar went off by himself with his horse at start. When we all arrived hadvar is not there so the get off from cart scene not playing.

This all can't be reproduced if you wanted for some reason, and its all random.

Well, I'll just have to start with "Camping in the Woods" when playing the Vanilla Start.

No big deal. Thanks for the reply.