SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

Similarly, when I killed the champion of Boethia for the Ebony Mail, he was wielding "Goldbrand (Replica)

Hmmmm that's strange.  Thanks for the  bug reports.  Next time I have time to work through guide updates and such I'll look into fixing the issues reported.  Again, sorry for lack of updates lately... just been a hectic time.  Seems like Paul has been busy too.

Edited by jdsmith2816

Hmmmm that's strange. Thanks for the bug reports. Next time I have time to work through guide updates and such I'll look into fixing the issues reported. Again, sorry for lack of updates lately... just been a hectic time. Seems like Paul has been busy too.

Thanks. I appreciate the challenge in maintaining these kinds of projects over time.

I think the biggest issue I have with both the Reqtified guide and the YASH guide is game balance.

LotD and MIL add crazy items into the game world that are just so much more powerful than anything you will find, even more powerful than the daedric quests.

I appreciate that it would be a huge effort, but getting everything into a spreadsheet and comparing items to items in the base game and then tweaking them down to be comparable would be a worthwhile activity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I appreciate the challenge in maintaining these kinds of projects over time.

I think the biggest issue I have with both the Reqtified guide and the YASH guide is game balance.

LotD and MIL add crazy items into the game world that are just so much more powerful than anything you will find, even more powerful than the daedric quests.

I appreciate that it would be a huge effort, but getting everything into a spreadsheet and comparing items to items in the base game and then tweaking them down to be comparable would be a worthwhile activity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually xEdit has a built-in comparison tool for that.  It won't let you see the enchantments at the same time... but you could have two xedits open to aid in reviewing enchantments alognw itht he weapon/armor worksheet tool.

Anyone here use NLVA as their weather and ENB? I know there was at least one person who helped me with something before, but I'm having an issue with it and grass added by a mod or mods in the guide.

For some reason the grass is extremely bright, as if the brightness on it alone was turned to max. The issue is resolved when removing the weather portion NLVA while still using the ENB portion. I've copied my vanilla profile to a new test profile and tested just the grass mod + NLVA and the issue isn't present, so it isn't the grass mods or NLVA. Another mod in the massive list of mods is triggering the problem. It's not an ini issue because I tried both my main profile ini and the vanilla ini, both look like they should. I'm hoping someone here can hopefully have some idea what could cause an issue like this, because going through the huge list of mods with all the merges the guide does is going to be a slow and painful process.

This is what the problem looks like.

This is what it should look like.

Anyone here use NLVA as their weather and ENB? I know there was at least one person who helped me with something before, but I'm having an issue with it and grass added by a mod or mods in the guide.

For some reason the grass is extremely bright, as if the brightness on it alone was turned to max. The issue is resolved when removing the weather portion NLVA while still using the ENB portion. I've copied my vanilla profile to a new test profile and tested just the grass mod + NLVA and the issue isn't present, so it isn't the grass mods or NLVA. Another mod in the massive list of mods is triggering the problem. It's not an ini issue because I tried both my main profile ini and the vanilla ini, both look like they should. I'm hoping someone here can hopefully have some idea what could cause an issue like this, because going through the huge list of mods with all the merges the guide does is going to be a slow and painful process.

This is what the problem looks like.

This is what it should look like.

Since I can't edit my previous post any more after a while to provide an update:

After more testing it turns out it's related to the rain weather. Specifically weather C821F causes that grass to constantly glow like in the screens above. During all the other raining weathers the grass looks normal, but whenever it thunders it flashes to that color. Not the landscape, too, just the grass. Windows also flash, which I remember reading long ago was ENB related, but I don't think I ever found a fix back then. Some quick searching now doesn't give me much hope of finding one this time, either.

Guess I have to get rid of either the grass or weather mods.

Edited by zerohaste

Since I can't edit my previous post any more after a while to provide an update:

After more testing it turns out it's related to the rain weather. Specifically weather C821F causes that grass to constantly glow like in the screens above. During all the other raining weathers the grass looks normal, but whenever it thunders it flashes to that color. Not the landscape, too, just the grass. Windows also flash, which I remember reading long ago was ENB related, but I don't think I ever found a fix back then. Some quick searching now doesn't give me much hope of finding one this time, either.

Guess I have to get rid of either the grass or weather mods.

And again because I can't edit... It's not the ENB in any case. I disabled the ENB and the grass still glows and flashes during thunder storms.

Oh well. Time to take a break from trying to get Skyrim modded. I'm having all sorts of flashbacks as to what I hated about it. I'll check back in a few years if SKSE and all it's mods get ported to the SE.

... And the final reply. Apparently all this behavior is just the default Skyrim lightning engine. I tested a completely vanilla install of the game, no mods at all, and it still happens. The vanilla game effect is just a crude way to simulate lightning illuminating the landscape, something I never noticed in all these years. Modding the game this much just exacerbates the effect to the point where it looks like a bug.

Either that or there are some serious hardware conflicts with my PC build and this game.

Though the weather C821F being constantly lit up though has to be a bug.

Either that or there are some serious hardware conflicts with my PC build and this game.

... And the final reply. Apparently all this behavior is just the default Skyrim lightning engine. I tested a completely vanilla install of the game, no mods at all, and it still happens. The vanilla game effect is just a crude way to simulate lightning illuminating the landscape, something I never noticed in all these years. Modding the game this much just exacerbates the effect to the point where it looks like a bug.

Though the weather C821F being constantly lit up though has to be a bug.

Just an FYI this forum have 15 minutes time limit on editing a posts after you posted it. (I think I say it correctly)

I'm updating the guide to reflect the latest changes. (Last done back early in November).

I noticed that Relighting Skyrim - Updated for USLEEP - 1.1.8 is offline on Nexus.

Does anyone know if it has been offline for a while?

Could someone share that with me privately?

I guess it doesn't matter that it's been offline as the only thing it contains that we use is one esp file... that we replace with our customized version.  The only reason we had people download it was to provide stats for the author.

You can switch to downloading the standard non-jit RS w/o patches and keep the esp replacement instructions and you'd get the same result.

Edited by jdsmith2816