SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

If you have Helgen Reborn in your load order, you can't do the vanilla start. It is clearly documented on his mod page

You actually can. I did it quite a few times with SRLEXT LotD.

I believe it's mentioned in one of the updates or somewhere in the mod page.

I think the problem I'm having with the horses turning left too soon has to do with some setting that changes the horses. IH changes the horse speed but according with the author that is fixed in his end. I tried a quick patch that reverts the horse speed to vanilla and although Hadvar horse stays behind like it should, the carriage still take a left to soon into the mountain rather then the road.

Anyway. I'm happy with using the "camping in the woods" to have the vanilla quest started

Hello, noob to these forums here so I apologize if I ask redundant questions.

First: is this mod pack compatible with warzone, and if not, is there anything one can recommend to make the civil war more... alive, as an alternative?

Second: Are there any mods (compatible with this pack) that are reworks of dungeons? Completely redesigned dungeons would bring new life to the game. 

I apologize if I'm not entirely on topic in asking this here, and thanks for any answers in advance.

Are objective markers supposed to be showing up on the compass, I can't play skyrim without them and they are not showing up for me

Its a feature of Minor Arcana. To get your symbols back, go into the Minor Arcana mod folder, and delete the file in the \Requiem - Minor Arcana\interface\exported folder (hudmenu.gfx)

Edited by Michi

Are objective markers supposed to be showing up on the compass, I can't play skyrim without them and they are not showing up for me

Check the Requiem Minor Arcana mod page for instructions about compass if you want to bring back more markers.

Hello, noob to these forums here so I apologize if I ask redundant questions.

First: is this mod pack compatible with warzone, and if not, is there anything one can recommend to make the civil war more... alive, as an alternative?

Second: Are there any mods (compatible with this pack) that are reworks of dungeons? Completely redesigned dungeons would bring new life to the game. 

I apologize if I'm not entirely on topic in asking this here, and thanks for any answers in advance.

I wouldn't load up Warzone's with Requiem.. I think you'd have more success with the YASH guide.  Feel free to try it out and let us know how it goes :D   Requiem Minor Arcana improves the civil war but it's nothing like Warzones...

I'm not aware of any mods that bulk overhaul existing dungeon layouts.

Edited by jdsmith2816

Well, I did it Installed all of the various updates. Did the whole script cleaning that LotD recommends... so far, so good

So what did you do with the extra ESP files the newly updated Crafting Overhaul Reqtified now includes? Selecting the options according to the guide now gives you COR-WetAndCold.esp and COR-NoHeavyStormcloaks.esp.

Edited by zerohaste

Ah, the assumption in YASH is that you're nobody... You're literally a peasant farmer with no skills at the start.  One should not expect to dominate anything in the beginning.  Start by training some skills with the training dummies... you can get to lvl 15 in 1-handed, 2-Handed, Markmsman and Destruction utilising them...  Alternatively try starting some alchemy... There's lots of ways to get going just don't expect to lay waste to bandits and such at lvl 1 :)

Game is quite stable. Had some more purple textures, the stone fences again.  Added a couple of more textures from the mod that SMC didn't pick up and all was good.  If others that have done beautified have seen this, let me know and I'll add the details so that can be added to the guide.  I'll assume it was a mistake I did unless I hear otherwise.

I picked up 2 followers, Faendal and some smiley guy in Riverwood, figuring I need all the muscle I can find.  Lost him in a random bandit battle leaving Whiterun (he wouldn't take offered amour) and lost Faendal in a wickedly hard battle to find Amren's sword.  Keeping a Journal with the Journal of the Dragonborn mod, having a really good time roll playing a Nord that lost his wife and home to a dragon attack.  Slowly building up skills but I still cannot improve a simple dagger for the crafting quest.  Going to enjoy the expanded Companion quest line, just too scared to do the first quest! Also afraid to go to Bleak Falls Barrow! Yash is working, it's like playing the game for the 1st time, you just cannot kill everything you meet.  I've never run away so much from bandits and using potions to get that slight edge....If you can't tell, I'm liking it alot.

Mods I added have been Journal of the Dragonbord and Pumping Iron as I started my guy as a scrawny guy; I think that's a good mod for this build with the Yash concept. However, I had to figure out why my FPS kept dropping to 10 when I was using my Journal.  It was because ENB is using shift B to go to full blown mode which kills the FPS.  Figured out how to remap it and all is good again.  Took me a while to figure out, but I deactivated the follower health, magic and stamina bars (2 settings in MCM) as I felt it really took away from the immersion and Gopher's immersive hud. Frostfall going ok but haven't gone to really cold areas yet.  Having fun with the lantern, made a tent and backpack but mostly sleeping indoors.  Turn fast travel off however had to leave waiting outdoors active because it will not let you sleep outside in shacks or or bandit camp setups.

Anyhow, got some time off now from work for the next week.  Looking forward to putting more time into this.  Thanks very much for the work on the guide.  I hope you all stay active to produce some awesome guides in the Spring when all the mods start to flow in following SKSE64. 

Edited by mcshame

So what did you do with the extra ESP files the newly updated Crafting Overhaul Reqtified now includes? Selecting the options according to the guide now gives you COR-WetAndCold.esp and COR-NoHeavyStormcloaks.esp.

While I didn't do a deep dive into them, I did glance at them in xEdit, and it seems this guide's patches overrode them entirely, so I just didn't put them in.

Is anybody having the blue swirl effect on Ulfric and Tullius?

That's introduced when a mod conflicts with the attribute doomAtronachAbility "The Atronach Stone" added to these NPC's by Requiem.

I found the mod that is causing the "blue swirl".

If you have Bathing in Skyrim installed you have to use TES5Edit to fix it:

Open the esp and go to Spells/GetDirty Overtime Activator Apply. Add the flag to this spell "Disallow Absorb".

That will remove the conflict with the effect "The Atronach Stone" from Requiem

Quick aside:  the "Purity" quest with the Companions is bugged (Vilkas won't offer it when you meet conditions).  This appears to be a known conflict between UKSP and Enhanced Factions.  I've reached out to the author to see if there is a work around.

Here's the fix, as described by the author:

DreamKingMods said:
======================================================================

"Yes, on the "Coven" location alias on the CR13 quest, you need to set the Allow Reserved and Allow Cleared flags. The Unofficial Patch added a reservation for the location, so without that flag set the CR13 quest can't begin.

This change will be incorporated in the next version of the mod, but if you make the change yourself, the quest should start up properly."