SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I want to bring to your attention this mod : Unofficial Skyrim City Patch (USCP) by DDVIL

What does this mod do:

Improves performance of every cell in Whiterun (at this point in time is just the only city that is covered by this). The framerate gains will range from 15%+ to just 10% in some areas depending on your CPU and mods loaded. If you have any mods that add a lot of items and increase the polygon count of the meshes such as SIMM, this will greatly improve your performance). And yes I KNOW there's a mod that already does this, but nowhere near as good as this one, not when it comes to Whiterun. This isn't "debatable" or an opinion, it's a fact, just check the framerates between these two mods. And REMEMBER this mod ADDS things to the cells, the other doesn't. So the fact that you still end with a better framerate is pretty cool.

Adds missing misc like candle lights where there was light sources, roofs in the interior cells where you could just see through the walls. Dinning plates on some cells that had the food on the table (like pies).

Adds some black "textures" behind certain doors, walls and other things so you don't see though them into the skybox, this is particularly annoying on some inside doors where you once open them can see a bright light that just leads into the clouds. "oh but since it's a door connected to exterior cells it makes sense". No! these are doors linked to other rooms.

Fixes pretty much every single miss-aligned object, wall, building, door, table, candle, fire pit, chair, weapon rack, water texture, smoke effect, (the list goes on) in the game.

It works well with skyrim optimisation after few edits, i can give you the edited version (I wrote a small howto to do it in comment USCP comment section).

@Lexy - unless I'm mistaken, the same issue making AAE incompatible with Sthaag's encounter zone mod should also be true of PermaZones. It's due to AAE using the PC Level Mult flag. They're technically not incompatible, but the encounter zones will not function the same. That being said, I've read a couple threads that seem to suggest the inconsistencies introduced are fairly minor.

Ok I have taken a quick look at Unofficial Skyrim City Patch (USCP) and in:

Whiterun - On the steps of Dragons Reach looking towards the market:

With the mod - 49.1

Without - 56.8

Riften by the bridge near the Bee and Barb looking towards the market:

With the mod - 46.0

Without - 52.4

All tests were conducted without running Dyndolod.

Ok I have taken a quick look at Unofficial Skyrim City Patch (USCP) and in:

Whiterun - On the steps of Dragons Reach looking towards the market:

With the mod - 49.1

Without - 56.8

Riften by the bridge near the Bee and Barb looking towards the market:

With the mod - 46.0

Without - 52.4

All tests were conducted without running Dyndolod.

Better performance without the mod as expected. The mod claims better performance when adding things to the cell just does not make any sense.

I've been looking at a mod for a long time that was outdated over on Lovers' Lab called SkyUI - Show Armor Slots (adds a new column to SkyUI to show what armor slots your gear is using) - but until recently it was for an old verison of SkyUI which caused problems.

Recently, someone else took that idea and modernized the mod... and are constantly updating it.  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84957/?

I think it's a useful service that is hard to argue with... even comes with a Frostfall patch!

I just walked through Whiterun once since installing this but it seemed to be much smoother: Whiterun texture memory usage reduction

I plan on testing it some more but I've been stuck on the other side of the map actually, you know, playing the game for once. :clap: SRLE Extended LOTD ROCKS (even if it does need a shorter name)!!!

If I'm not mistaken this was rolled into the USLEEP mod.