SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

After much fiddling with armor types and really wasting time looking for a non-skimpy, full armor replacer, I found the simplest solution to be vanilla armor and clothing and... bodyslide ;) For a long time nobody cared to make sliders for vanilla (I even read somewhere that sliders for non-skimpy apparel defeats the purpose... whatever...) but there are now. So the easiest way to maintain coherence over the whole apparel is to load the slider files for vanilla apparel, immersive armors and every armor you add to the game, and just run bodyslide with for UNP or UNPB or whatever custom fit you want. Almost down to a couple of clicks. And yes, there are "UNP family" sliders for all the armors in this guide. Vanilla apparel actually makes a better use of the rustic/AmB textures than most other replacers, in my opinion.

Danh... I was too busy playing, sorry for not casting my vote LOL I still won't use undeath and its battery of patches, though ;)

Uh. Missed that and have no idea how that even works. I'd have to try and figure out Bodyslide. Does that get rid of tit cups?

Uh. Missed that and have no idea how that even works. I'd have to try and figure out Bodyslide. Does that get rid of tit cups?

If you use bodyslide to adjust meshes to UNP/B, it will make armors look more "shapely" than vanilla. But you can use it to fit any armor to any shape, so if you use a flat-chested preset (or make it yourself using the sliders) that's similar in all the rest to your character's mesh, then convert all the armors to that shape, you could in theory get what you want. But I think bodyslide will also fit armor meshes to waist/hips, which might spoil the "practical" look you're pursuing. In that case, the only way seems to be to fetch armors that were originally designed to look that way.

I'll have to think on that. Right now I'm thinking that the close to vanilla options with the practical armor should work. I plan on following this guide through (with my NPC/armor options and minus all but Campsite in Basic needs) and hen do some tweaking. Last time I used certain mods I ended up dying consistently because the ebonies were just too hard and aggressive. I may try to rebalance it for the explorer/adventurer rather then the warrior/fighter. I don't mind challenges and fighting ... I just don't want to have to do it constantly.

@ Rayhne - you need to point BethINI to your MO profile .ini

also, just to throw it out there but I personally use WSCO + Inhabitants of Skyrim (v3, with vanilla hair) and call it a day for NPC retexture.  Very little CR required.  I do also use COP (consistent older people) + Mothers & Daughters for 'realistic' older people.  With the race height adjustments of Disparity, there is a real diversity to the NPC's now, while remaining grounded in the vanilla 'style'.  Plus, as I said, the whole thing takes almost no CR, just proper LO.  I am thinking about maybe one more retexture mod in addition to hit some of the more prominent characters left out of IoS, but I'm not sure yet.

Dragon Soul Relinquishment rocks.  Great way to continue to advance a character that has maxed out their 'class' skills without resorting to using skills they never would otherwise.  Also pairs well with the increased variety of perks in Ordinator.

Hello,

I see that you integrated crash fixes to your guide, i want to bring to your attention that i wrote a full guide about how to configure crash fixes with enb, with a lot of information to stabilize and optimize a load order.

I know it sound like a selfish promo, but if you need feel free to copy paste some part from it or redirect users to it if they face problem when they configure this part.

I wrote a mini mod two to solve ownership problem which can be useful for use who use Crafting Requires Permission or Ordinator (perk which need to sleep in PC's bed).

Edited by memnochs

Another question - Men of Winter has a patch for Gray Cowl of Nocturnal.  Is there any particular reason it's not being used?  

Also, the following mod: Followers, Hirelings, and Housecarls - the guide says to download "FHH_LEGENDRY_VE_USLEEP_SS", a file which requires something called Skysight Skins.  Which isn't in the guide at all.  I'm really confused O.o

Edited by Minoke

Another question - Men of Winter has a patch for Gray Cowl of Nocturnal.  Is there any particular reason it's not being used? 

it's covered by the NPC's CR We provide.

Also, the following mod: Followers, Hirelings, and Housecarls - the guide says to download "FHH_LEGENDRY_VE_USLEEP_SS", a file which requires something called Skysight Skins.  Which isn't in the guide at all.  I'm really confused O.o

that because it not been changed since we dropped Skyskins. It actually doesn't requires Skyskins as a Master it just provides textures and meshes so they meld better and since no one has overly moaned about it I have not been bothered to chamge it as it would require a Merge and CR update yet again. (I might change when i next have to update the merge and CR).

I'll have to think on that. Right now I'm thinking that the close to vanilla options with the practical armor should work. I plan on following this guide through (with my NPC/armor options and minus all but Campsite in Basic needs) and hen do some tweaking. Last time I used certain mods I ended up dying consistently because the ebonies were just too hard and aggressive. I may try to rebalance it for the explorer/adventurer rather then the warrior/fighter. I don't mind challenges and fighting ... I just don't want to have to do it constantly.

Then bodyslide may help you some way. It does give you a more "close-fit" look to most armors, but doesn't do away with those monster pauldrons and thing like that. But I think if you want to play an explorer you'll have some options out there. Eldrid's armor mashup is interesting for a thief/rogue or even explorer type. Might seem a bit sexy, though not that skimpy, but you can combine it with pauldrons from another mod and there you go, not that different from, say, the DB or thieves guild armors, only better looking. Add a monster backpack, chest bandoliers and a zillion pouches in every free slot (that magically don't encumber you). And you can enchant a face mask (that's bundled with some mod in this guide) and an eye patch to add you a little extra bit of protection... Never tried doing the same with the bandoliers once you get the second enchantment available... LOL

I am thinking of adding Higher Difficulty - Adjusted Encounter Zone and Leveled NPCs by Sthaagg - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83926/? to help with encounte zone levels or maybe we should look at permazone but then again it too much and the whole we're becoming to much like requiem.

After reading it seems sensible enough, more than advanced adversaries ;P My two cents on this, a few fixed encounter zones of higher difficulty fit better in the whole game than global difficulty raising. There's so much to do in this game that if it takes you 30 minutes to travel between two cities you'll be looking at 300 game hours at least before you run through the main quest lines. Or have you use fast travel more than you'd normally do.