SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I send it to you and yes you can share it, i don't mind :)

I'm always happy to share things !

ok thanks i roll that in for tomorrows update.

Question i've been meaning to ask of wiser heads is: Micheal of gamerpoet and Staaag on his guide, mention a merge plugin mod through xedit to be run before bash. I'm i to assume that this is the same as CR but pre/basic fix before hand editing or is it what Matortheeternal Matorsmash seeks to do, but on a grander scale. I also vaguely remember reading that it isn't recommended, could someone please clarify...much appreciated

Berndaroy

The way i've always seen it and I might be totally wrong here and talking out my arse. Merge Plugin created Via XEdit is a Conflict Resolution for lazy people. We don't need one cos I done most of the Conflict Resolution myself. 

Personally, i made my hand fixes first, then i build my merged patch (or mator smash one), then I tweak it manually if needed.

After that, I run Skyproc to build patches for mods which need it and at last, I build my bashed patch

I talk in a general way, not for this guide, it could be needed if you add other mods to it.

Edit: I'm agreed with DarkladyLexy, merge plugin "is a Conflict Resolution for lazy people". Smashed patch is better but nothing can beat a patch made by hands.

Edited by memnochs

As I go through this ... again ... I was just wondering ... what is the best times and ways to test as I go along?

after each section just load the game and see if it loads as soon as alternate start is installed start a new game to make sure it loads and pick any start to enter into the world maybe even go off and have a fight. Also don't forget to uninstall any Master dependencies not installed yet.

Lexy and Memnochs thank you. As i thought it a basic conflict resolution patch. Yes you have done all the hard work precious one so no need for it...again i read things and don't always put two and two together..hence seeking of wiser heads..all part of the learn curve with modding...PS Good to see you dipping in and out again Master Guru Darth

Edited by berndaroy

Hi Sthaagg, love your optimization guide! Wanted to ask, is it alright to include the "Whiterun texture memory usage reduction" fix mid playthrough, or would that cause problems? I know adding mods on existing games is generally a no-no, but since this is more of an SKSE fix, wasn't sure if that rule applies.  Also, I saw you have the NV Anti Crash mod in your load order.  What exactly does that mod fix, and should I add that as well?  Is that ok for adding mid playthrough? Thanks again

-bmccarti

after each section just load the game and see if it loads as soon as alternate start is installed start a new game to make sure it loads and pick any start to enter into the world maybe even go off and have a fight. Also don't forget to uninstall any Master dependencies not installed yet.

How do you handle the patches when you don't have everything installed yet? (ie: the LotD merged patch) Just not use the patches yet?