SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Go here https://www.afkmods.com/Unofficial%20Skyrim%20Legendary%20Edition%20Patch%20Version%20History.html

And cntrl+f "wrgreathouseplatform02"

Can't right now, on mobile. P sure it's in there somewhere. Or I'm crazy. One of those...

USLEEP fixes issues with this mesh but not the one that this mod focuses on.  After looking at the link you sent, I read back a few pages in the comments and the author says that this includes the USLEEP fixes.

Excellent then. Forgive me, I've got a one month old son in the house and sleep has become an alien concept to my brain and causing me much trouble.

Congrats, I have a 4 year old and I feel your pain.  No worries, the fact you even recognized a single mesh as something that USLEEP had dealt with is impressive enough.  This mod is a bit obscure; I only discovered it because it was mentioned in a stability guide that someone posted a few pages back.

I just walked through Whiterun once since installing this but it seemed to be much smoother:  Whiterun texture memory usage reduction

I plan on testing it some more but I've been stuck on the other side of the map actually, you know, playing the game for once.   :clap: SRLE Extended LOTD ROCKS (even if it does need a shorter name)!!!  

I will add to the test bench and take a look.

I've been looking at a mod for a long time that was outdated over on Lovers' Lab called SkyUI - Show Armor Slots (adds a new column to SkyUI to show what armor slots your gear is using) - but until recently it was for an old verison of SkyUI which caused problems.

Recently, someone else took that idea and modernized the mod... and are constantly updating it.  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84957/?

I think it's a useful service that is hard to argue with... even comes with a Frostfall patch!

Yes i spotted this too and liked the look of it so will add to the test bench and try it out.

Excellent then. Forgive me, I've got a one month old son in the house and sleep has become an alien concept to my brain and causing me much trouble.

I know you pain I've got 2, 13 month year olds, 1  15 year old and the other one who should act his age but doesn't half the time. 

Better performance without the mod as expected. The mod claims better performance when adding things to the cell just does not make any sense.

The real purpose of this mod is to fix things and use good practices to reduce performance impact of these fixes not to obtain better performances than vanilla skyrim.

But I'm surprised because my fps gap is far lesser than yours, maybe it is due to my rig.

Edited by memnochs

Ok so i decided to re-evaluate Unofficial Skyrim City Patch (USCP) but this time on my actaul character which uses my SSD. it was taken in the same spots as before:

Whiterun: 58fps (both with and without the mod installed. Fps is limited to 58 in my driver).

Riften:

With - 36fps

without 40fps

I would like to note the spot in Riften is usually one of the worst in the whole game for this build but as soon as you get over the bridge fps goes back up.

Nozzer I would like to hear your thoughts on this mod?

ok so tried out Whiterun texture memory usage reduction and SkyUI - show armor slots - updated.

Whiterun texture memory usage reduction does indeed seem to make walking around white run smoother so that might be added although there comments out it not be parallax but i don't think that is such a big deal.

maybe our resident texture and meshes expert Gutmaw can take a look and enlightening me a bit more.

SkyUI - show armor slots - updated is a given one of those mods you install and instantly forget it is installed this will be added in my next update.

Whiterun texture memory usage reduction does indeed seem to make walking around white run smoother so that might be added although there comments out it not be parallax but i don't think that is such a big deal.

maybe our resident texture and meshes expert Gutmaw can take a look and enlightening me a bit more.

I applied this fix on Project Parallax Revived - Noble Skyrim mesh for my personal use a long time ago, do you want it ?

On another subject, it miss important things about crash fixes plugin.

If you want to use its memory management (UseOSAllocators=1) :

i quote my guide :

Configuring Crash fixes by meh321

This fix replace completely SSME and SKSE Memory patch, and improve drastically how skyrim manage memory.

Thank you is not enough for this amazing tweaks, please don't forget to endorse this mod.

1. First extract SKSE Plugin Preloader, copy d3dx9_42.dll in your skyrim folder (where you found TESV.exe).
  2. Then Install Crash fixes by meh321 as usual SKSE plugin
  3. Check if you have a file named named "CrashFixPlugin_preload.txt" in Data\SKSE\Plugings (beside CrashFixPlugin.ini and CrashFixPlugin.dll), if not, create it.
  4. Open CrashFixPlugin.ini, and set UseOSAllocators to 1
  5. That's all

Special instruction for windows 10 users : (Thanks to  macrocosm144)

Windows 10 could block Crash Fixes' dll which prevent skyrim to be launched.

to avoid this problem, you need to follow these steps :

1. Right click on the dll file.
  2. Select Properties
  3. Click on the General tab in the Properties window.
  4. Click on the Unblock option next to the Security detail which says “This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer.”
  5. Windows might display an Access denied message box here, provide Administrator credentials if this box pops up
Edited by memnochs

I'll tweak the crash fixes in next update (which will be tomorrow now) and I'll even link to your guide memnochs as I have found is useful and even recommended it people before.

I personally use it to tweak my driver settings but I notice you've changed the Vsync recommendation since I last looked at it. Last time i looked at it use said to use Vsync via the driver and not the enb but now it reversed any reason?

I send it to you and yes you can share it, i don't mind :)

I'm always happy to share things !

About my guide, I reverted this choice because it is good for most of NVidia users but nor for all nor for ATI/AMD users.

I added a new tool (extracted from RIVA tuner which permits to enable D3D triple buffering for skyrim (when you use full screen).

If you play in windowed mod, you can disable all vsync and keep only frame limiter, it will forces windows to use same vsync as your desktop (DX9 triple buffering).

It is the configuration I use.

If the driver one works, keep it as is ;)

Question i've been meaning to ask of wiser heads is: Micheal of gamerpoet and Staaag on his guide, mention a merge plugin mod through xedit to be run before bash. I'm i to assume that this is the same as CR but pre/basic fix before hand editing or is it what Matortheeternal Matorsmash seeks to do, but on a grander scale. I also vaguely remember reading that it isn't recommended, could someone please clarify...much appreciated

Berndaroy