SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

maybe i missed it but why are beter quest objectives not merged anymore?

Because all the esps can be merged into the bashed patch and even if you create the merge using Merge Plugins Standalone that ends up in that Bash patch too. So I thought why are we even bothering creating it in the first place.

Hey evrrybody, this was just released. Heavy Armoy DSR patch for the new version.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83666/?

thanks i have added that to the guide.

I used Wayback Machine to recover the missing images from Neovalen's Mod Merging Subguide.  I've uploaded them on Imgur here: https://imgur.com/a/6k5x3, feel free to link this in the guide as an easier alternative to the YouTube video.

thanks i have also added that to the guide.

and to everyone else I will be at my Parents this weekend I'll be back on Monday enjoy yourselves.

• +1 1

Because all the esps can be merged into the bashed patch and even if you create the merge using Merge Plugins Standalone that ends up in that Bash patch too. So I thought why are we even bothering creating it in the first place.

oh ok, i will just leave it merged then:D i thought something was wrong with it:D

Anyone else having trouble with the latest versions of DynDOLOD?  This is my first time going through this particular guide, but I've done the original SRLE guide several times without issue.  I'm not new to Skyrim modding and can usually figure my way out of most issues, but I was tearing my hair out the past couple days.  I got all the way to DynDOLOD, and it just absolutely refused to generate the esp.  Every time I ran it, I got "Exception in unit userscript line 322: One or more errors occurred" right after "Processing meshes for atlas creation."

I checked and re-checked my installation, load order, used xEdit to check for errors, etc.  I also tried with and without the bash patch active, with and without letting MO manage archives.  I tried backing up and doing DynDOLOD before Bash entirely, leaving the Bash merged esps active on their own. I even went as far as re-doing the entire guide from scratch.  No dice.  That was an ... unhappy feeling to see the same error after another 20 hour session from scratch.

Finally, I decided to roll back to DynDOLOD 2.21, which is the last version before the significant overhaul in 2.22 (SSE support, etc.)  Without changing anything else (aside from the DynDOLOD Resources mod, obviously) everything worked like a charm.

Anyway, my Google searches turned up very little about the "one or more errors has occurred" error.  Most threads were about specific errors about missing masters, bad form IDs, and so on.   So on the off chance anyone else is encountering this error on their first trip through the guide, maybe this post will show up in a search now.  If you need an old version of DynDOLOD they can still be found on Mega via the STEP threads about updates.  Here's 2.21: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/11494-dynamic-distant-objects-lod-dyndolod-221/

Edited by Eudeyrn

Anyone else having trouble with the latest versions of DynDOLOD?  This is my first time going through this particular guide, but I've done the original SRLE guide several times without issue.  I'm not new to Skyrim modding and can usually figure my way out of most issues, but I was tearing my hair out the past couple days.  I got all the way to DynDOLOD, and it just absolutely refused to generate the esp.  Every time I ran it, I got "Exception in unit userscript line 322: One or more errors occurred" right after "Processing meshes for atlas creation."

I checked and re-checked my installation, load order, used xEdit to check for errors, etc.  I also tried with and without the bash patch active, with and without letting MO manage archives.  I tried backing up and doing DynDOLOD before Bash entirely, leaving the Bash merged esps active on their own. I even went as far as re-doing the entire guide from scratch.  No dice.  That was an ... unhappy feeling to see the same error after another 20 hour session from scratch.

Finally, I decided to roll back to DynDOLOD 2.21, which is the last version before the significant overhaul in 2.22 (SSE support, etc.)  Without changing anything else (aside from the DynDOLOD Resources mod, obviously) everything worked like a charm.

Anyway, my Google searches turned up very little about the "one or more errors has occurred" error.  Most threads were about specific errors about missing masters, bad form IDs, and so on.   So on the off chance anyone else is encountering this error on their first trip through the guide, maybe this post will show up in a search now.  If you need an old version of DynDOLOD they can still be found on Mega via the STEP threads about updates.  Here's 2.21: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/11494-dynamic-distant-objects-lod-dyndolod-221/

Sheson would be the man ask it be a new error which he would be able to advise on.

Eudeyrn hi! I had an issue with version v2.25 which would not run, get about 2.30 minutes in and than stopped. Reverted to v2.24 on my previous build no problems. How ever i have just rebuilt and used v2.26 WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. I have noticed before that when Dyndolod stops for any reason, and you try again, still has same issue unless you close down MO and reboot/restart it again. Any way in short v2.26 works

Berndaroy

Eudeyrn hi! I had an issue with version v2.25 which would not run, get about 2.30 minutes in and than stopped. Reverted to v2.24 on my previous build no problems. How ever i have just rebuilt and used v2.26 WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. I have noticed before that when Dyndolod stops for any reason, and you try again, still has same issue unless you close down MO and reboot/restart it again. Any way in short v2.26 works

Berndaroy

I've had the exact same problem (halting at 2:30 minutes) and someone reminded me that DynDOLOD doesn't like to process the bashed patch. So I uncheck it before running dyndolod, and everything works fine. No need to install other versions. The bashed was likely your problem. It usually doesn't contain any information pertinent to dyndolod, so you don't even have to reactivate any plugins that were deactivated with the bashed patch. Just uncheck the bashed patch before running dyndolod, and reactivate afterwards - everything should work as intended.

I now have the full installation running (short of conflict resolution) but I'm experiencing a bit of v-ram problems. When I run the performance monitor it shows vram usage at 100% almost all of the time (I have 4Gb). I have some stuttering (sudden fps drops) and sometimes npc's appear with wrong face textures. I read that may be caused by too much vram being used by all the texture mods. I know I'm abusing of 3d processing with Skyrim Bigger Trees running on top of SFO, but when I first tested that setup it had no problems at all, I always run stable and between 45 and 60 fps. It happened after I installed the rest of the setup after landscae. I even felt it get worse with the last sections, from audio/gameplay onward. Some fps loss due to flora mesh size is expected, but I have stuttering in the tundra as well. Is there any group of textures that I could try to adjust for better performance? Does audio overahaul have an impact on performance? I'm thinking of ditching the creature and maybe armor retextures because the hd performance textures for those actually don't look that bad at all; If I can choose, I'll always prefer keeping the pretty flora. Maybe lower cloud texture resolution in vivid weathers - should I expect an impact from that? I also use vsync from nvidia and not from enb or the main game. I have ambient occlusion from enb and can't really do without it... But would consider lowering other settings like aa or dof. Can I also use lower quality textures in dyndolod but keep the medium settings for rendered static? I don't like seeing objects popping in, but don't really mind if distant objects have a lower resolution. Not like you can zoom in to see any detail...

Sheson would be the man ask it be a new error which he would be able to advise on.

Yessir, planned on asking on his support thread as well.

I've had the exact same problem (halting at 2:30 minutes) and someone reminded me that DynDOLOD doesn't like to process the bashed patch. So I uncheck it before running dyndolod, and everything works fine. No need to install other versions. The bashed was likely your problem. It usually doesn't contain any information pertinent to dyndolod, so you don't even have to reactivate any plugins that were deactivated with the bashed patch. Just uncheck the bashed patch before running dyndolod, and reactivate afterwards - everything should work as intended.

Per my original post:

I also tried with and without the bash patch active, with and without letting MO manage archives.  I tried backing up and doing DynDOLOD before Bash entirely, leaving the Bash merged esps active on their own.

Thank you, though!

I have noticed before that when Dyndolod stops for any reason, and you try again, still has same issue unless you close down MO and reboot/restart it again.

I noticed this too, there appears to be a bug in the latest versions where the process is not terminated after exiting out of an error and letting the logs write.  If you open task manager, DynDOLOD.exe is still running, and MO will not unlock automatically until you terminate it.

I could only run DynDOLOD 2.24 without Blackreach ticked. Then it worked flawlessly (but of course, it means that Blackreach is not processed, yet everything else worked perfectly.

I do not care that much about it because I normally never go in there, only for some quests which need it.