SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Ah, I see. I'll keep the entire install I suppose; I'm running on a 120GB SSD and have about 11GB left and haven't touched DynDOLOD yet. I'm sure I'll be fine but the part I worry about is, of course, space. I need about 9GB free by the end in order for me to continue doing my part of development in Skyblivion which, as of right now, is a 8.5GB file. Hm, seems i'll have to find my way around this.

If you're happy with the way your game looks and don't plan to make any further changes in textures, you could look at conflicting textures and remove the textures that are being overridden from the respective mods. Especially the HD base game textures you install right at the beginning are there to patch up whatever's not covered by noble skyrim, aMB, vivid landscapes and such. Even those mods override textures of any of the previous. Deleting textures one by one will take a long time, but if you can isolate groups of texture mods that have no conflicting mods in between, you can install them as one mod, in the same order as given in the guide, using the same mod name and telling mod organizer to merge. MO will overwrite the textures that were already installed. You can then place this mod after the lowest order mod of the merge, and remove the original mods. Be careful that no mods were left behind that should be overridden by textures of that newly merged mod. This might give you a few Gigs back.

Another option is to dump mod organizer and install this list with wrye bash LOL. You can then have your installers in another drive and your steam contents will be 10/20 GB shorter, because wrye bash installs files to the data folder and automatically overwrites what needs to be overwritten. I have done this and the only inconvenience is that you can't use relinker with wrye bash, so you'd better check all merge lists for scripted files especially, and leave those out of the merge. May lose a few slots, but if hard drive space is your main concern, it will be a good tradeoff.

Sure, ask us in here, we'll try and answer based on our knowledge and best estimates. But you probably WILL have to do a little bit of patching of your own accord. Learning how to fix your own issues is a good thing, in all seriousness. xEdit may look daunting, but a lot of it is common sense and being willing to take your time and not rush.

And thank you for that! 

In the 3dnpc merge, shouldn't "3DNPC CCOR Cloak Leveled Lists.esp" be left out to be included in the bashed patch? I mean, if I merge that file, will it be "bashed" as well? In that case, why were the CACO_3DNPC and CACO_Gray Cowl leveled lists left out of the CACO merge?

Can the realistic boat bobbing esp be merged into the landscape and clutter merge? I don't seem to find any dependencies, especially since the guide doesn't tell you to install the realistic water 2 patch.

Another option is to dump mod organizer and install this list with wrye bash LOL. You can then have your installers in another drive and your steam contents will be 10/20 GB shorter, because wrye bash installs files to the data folder and automatically overwrites what needs to be overwritten. I have done this and the only inconvenience is that you can't use relinker with wrye bash, so you'd better check all merge lists for scripted files especially, and leave those out of the merge. May lose a few slots, but if hard drive space is your main concern, it will be a good tradeoff.

While godescalus has used Wyre Bash, I don't recommend it. You're likely to be better off staying with MO seeing how you've come this far, and relocate your downloads directory as I mentioned above.

Question regarding building my own LOTD Patches Merge.esp . I have taken out the mods I intend not to use but I noticed it says that BCS - TCIY Patch.esp is part of the merged mod for the LoTD Merge.  I noticed none of the patchers were adding this esp and I did some poking around, and found out it is Bookcovers of skyrim + the choice is yours.  So my question is, in the guide you no longer use BCS, so is this esp needed anymore in the merge? I also only found TCIY-BCS esp from bokcovers of skyrim pathc center, will this work if the mod is still needed?  If not where can I find the  BCS - TCIY.esp especially?  Thanks and thank you for the guide!

The same thing I always say:

If you want to remove mods, that's fine. If you want to replace mods that's also fine. We provide the list of mods as a GUIDE as how we like to mod things. If you like our basic thrust but want to add your own flavour that's perfectly fine and none of me, Lexy or Darth will complain. It's your game, play it how you like. ::D:

Now having said that: There's no real way we're likely to be able to support EVERY single possible way people like to change things. Sure, ask us in here, we'll try and answer based on our knowledge and best estimates. But you probably WILL have to do a little bit of patching of your own accord. Learning how to fix your own issues is a good thing, in all seriousness. xEdit may look daunting, but a lot of it is common sense and being willing to take your time and not rush.

Maximan: With your situation I'd ask: Where are you saving your downloaded mods? Is it on the 120Gig SSD? If so, I suggest moving the download directory to a discrete platter hard drive. I save my downloads to my 2 TB drive and change MO's downloads directory to point to that. My Skyrim Mod Downloads directory currently sits at 38 Gig. If you can move that somewhere you'll be good.

Of course. Apologies for my ignorance, ha. Was in quite a bit of rush, finally finishing up the guide (still have to merge mods and such).

My MO directory is on my SSD, as well as my Skyrim directory. MO right now is taking up about 70Gb (even with me choosing lower quality textures for a lot of mods) and my Skyrim folder is about 8GB. Windows and all of my other default data structures from Windows installation and User creation are taking up enough space to leave me with a constricting 11GB. I'm managing, though; I've done it before and I can do it again :P

The reason my MO is on my SSD is simply for load times. I've been debating as to whether or not I should put my Skyrim on my D: drive, though. Hm....

Also, may we make mod suggestions in here? I know that what I said I had installed deviates from the guide a bit, but I think that this mod is actually pretty nice. it may not suit everybody's taste, but I personally loves the way it emulates Dark Souls in a sense that you can't pause your way out of combat or such. Also, with the game moving in the background, it looks much nicer imo.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83379/?

Brodual features it as their first mod on a new video. Check it out maybe? I know this contradict's your idea about going baseline to allow people to customize as well, and I know this isn't a Requiem pack, but this just adds that extra level of immersion (that word is unbelievably annoying)...to me, at least.

If you're happy with the way your game looks and don't plan to make any further changes in textures, you could look at conflicting textures and remove the textures that are being overridden from the respective mods. Especially the HD base game textures you install right at the beginning are there to patch up whatever's not covered by noble skyrim, aMB, vivid landscapes and such. Even those mods override textures of any of the previous. Deleting textures one by one will take a long time, but if you can isolate groups of texture mods that have no conflicting mods in between, you can install them as one mod, in the same order as given in the guide, using the same mod name and telling mod organizer to merge. MO will overwrite the textures that were already installed. You can then place this mod after the lowest order mod of the merge, and remove the original mods. Be careful that no mods were left behind that should be overridden by textures of that newly merged mod. This might give you a few Gigs back.

Hm, I just may spend a day or two trying your first option. I'll be safe though and move any overwritten textures to a folder in the D: drive which, if I needed those textures back, i could automatically move over into MO/mods and have it merge immediately. Will take me some time but damn it just may be worth it.

Thanks buddy!

Question regarding building my own LOTD Patches Merge.esp . I have taken out the mods I intend not to use but I noticed it says that BCS - TCIY Patch.esp is part of the merged mod for the LoTD Merge.  I noticed none of the patchers were adding this esp and I did some poking around, and found out it is Bookcovers of skyrim + the choice is yours.  So my question is, in the guide you no longer use BCS, so is this esp needed anymore in the merge? I also only found TCIY-BCS esp from bokcovers of skyrim pathc center, will this work if the mod is still needed?  If not where can I find the  BCS - TCIY.esp especially?  Thanks and thank you for the guide!

Book Covers Skyrim - Legacy Compatibility Patches

Am i the only one that truly hates (sorry dislikes) followers. Ever since Morrowind having follower/s that always get in the way, you accidentally hit them during combat and suddenly your are a criminal etc. Yes i suppose that things may have improved, with Sofia as ranged attacker, but still i would rather fight by myself and if push comes to shove..conjurer a dremora lord or something. Lydia i leave at home or allow to become a house steward or better still recruit into the blades....but that just me or being a loner most of my life LOL

Berndaroy

Nothing wrong with fighting alone and you probably level up faster it just nice to have cannon fodder and pack mules lol.  :^_^: and yes sometime having loads of followers can be very annoying cos they get in your way or they run off and after some random wolf when you would rather they didn't but it all adds to the fun.

Thanks! But... LOL I'm facing at least a couple hours fixing the conflict resolution file to remove masters I didn't want to install :) With the tip "get the value on the left instead of removing the record" I got here in mind!

BTW, in the 3dnpc merge, shouldn't "3DNPC CCOR Cloak Leveled Lists.esp" be left out to be included in the bashed patch? I mean, if I merge that file, will it be "bashed" as well? In that case, why were the CACO_3DNPC and CACO_Gray Cowl leveled lists left out of the CACO merge?

You are probably right as 3DNPC CCOR Cloak Leveled Lists.esp does get merged into the bash patch it could be left out. The others are left out cause of that reason they get merged into the bashed patch so no real need to merge using Merge plugins but I don't think it really make a huge difference if they are merge using Merge plugins or merged in the bashed patch.

The Interesting NPC's merge is actually an older merge from like way back from the original SRLE Extended days and neither me nor Darth have thought about changing it.

As for realistic boat bobbing if it is not required as a master by any other mod including the CR I can't see why you can't merge it.

So maybe I am the only one with this issue but I am fairly certain I followed the guide to the letter on the Flora Merge, If you load Trees and Flora Merged.esp below Darkwater Crossing you are going to get some serious land disconnects. Can anyone else confirm?

I haven't been to Darkwater Crossing yet but I will head there a take a look for you.

Edit: Yes you are correct I suggest for now removing the trees and flora loot rule until we can look at it again.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

Of course. Apologies for my ignorance, ha. Was in quite a bit of rush, finally finishing up the guide (still have to merge mods and such).

My MO directory is on my SSD, as well as my Skyrim directory. MO right now is taking up about 70Gb (even with me choosing lower quality textures for a lot of mods) and my Skyrim folder is about 8GB. Windows and all of my other default data structures from Windows installation and User creation are taking up enough space to leave me with a constricting 11GB. I'm managing, though; I've done it before and I can do it again :P

The reason my MO is on my SSD is simply for load times. I've been debating as to whether or not I should put my Skyrim on my D: drive, though. Hm....

Also, may we make mod suggestions in here? I know that what I said I had installed deviates from the guide a bit, but I think that this mod is actually pretty nice. it may not suit everybody's taste, but I personally loves the way it emulates Dark Souls in a sense that you can't pause your way out of combat or such. Also, with the game moving in the background, it looks much nicer imo.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83379/?

Brodual features it as their first mod on a new video. Check it out maybe? I know this contradict's your idea about going baseline to allow people to customize as well, and I know this isn't a Requiem pack, but this just adds that extra level of immersion (that word is unbelievably annoying)...to me, at least.

Having your downloads directory on your 1 TB drive isn't going to hurt anything and will save you room. I suggest you do it. Alternatively, once you have everything downloaded and all's working, just delete the downloads directory. All that means is you won't be able to reinstall quickly and would have to re-download. Your call. It's easy to do on your MO setup.

There's another thread below for mod additions. We'd like to keep that thread for that and this thread for the discussion of issues etc. Drop your suggestion in there if you'd be so kind. :) Cheers!

A question re installation of Septim HD.  There is an instruction: Post Installation: Install only the contents of Alternates/Default BBP/Mipmaps.

It's unclear to me what the intention is here as my first attempt resulted in a "No valid Game Data" icon.  Presumably it is equivalent to manual installation setting  Alternates/Default BBP/Mipmaps as the Data directory.  Could you confirm or correct please.

If I do not want to use Ordinator and the patches that come with it, what should I do?

Is there a way to remove the requirement from the Conflict Resolution file?

Or this mod is too deep into the build that it is not possible to use the conflict resolution file without it?

Thank you in advance for your help!