The Ruffled Feather (By SparrowPrince)

Xaviien

Broken record  mode: The diffuse looks suspiciously exactly like vanilla. I don't mind it if a small edit is made for the better at least, but it looks like more grain and hell yeah, let's just save that shiz! Ummmmph!!!

Real reason I am here: Does anyone have the 2K textures from my Stalhrim? I would love to add it back as an optional, but I don't seem to have this one as I most likely replaced it with the 1k one by accident. 1k still looks good though, but I am all for choice. 

Edited by Guest

Thanks Octo. I will try and sort it out when the weather stops being so damn nice! I want to add it as an optional in the installer for sure. I will have to run it through Tech and especially Alternity because according to him, we usually basically break the installer all the time if we add a new option! ;-D

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone else corroborate a problem with WATER installed

Go to Lost Knife Cave, and make your way through to Lost Knife Hideout

After you come across a couple of bandits near some archery targets, you will then follow a tunnel which has a water fall in the middle of it, before you get to an area with multiple bandits and a Sabre tooth cat in a cage ..

That waterfall in the tunnel causes a bit of lag when you are in its vicinity

I have experienced this lag in other places around Skyrim since using WATER, so decided to uninstall WATER and try without .. All spurious occurences of lag are now gone.

Screenshots

xHxwjrR.jpg

XpefpaA.jpg

X98eBVK.jpg

Could it be the meshes for water effects in these areas, or the animation .. Any other suggestions because I would really like to solve this, I miss having WATER installed ( vanilla water flow drives me nuts ).

Active Mod Files ( sans WATER ) - Providing this in case anyone is curious .. Non of my load order in combination with WATER as far as I know would cause any kind of lag :

00  Skyrim.esm
01  Update.esm
02  Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.3]
03  Dawnguard.esm
04  Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.3]
05  HearthFires.esm
06  Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.3]
07  Dragonborn.esm
08  Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp  [Version 2.1.3]
09  Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
0A  VanillaReducedTextures.esp
0B  Backup Movement Speed Reduction.esp
0C  RelightingSkyrim_Legendary.esp
0D  ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp
0E  ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp
0F  ColorfulLightsNoShadows - Merged DLCs.esp
10  AOS.esp  [Version 2.5DGDB]
11  TrueStorms.esp
12  AOS2_TrueStorms Patch.esp
13  Ars Metallica - Legendary Edition.esp
14  Combat Evolved.esp
15  Guard Torch Remover.esp
16  Insignificant Object Remover.esp
17  Run For Your Lives.esp  [Version 2.0.5]
18  The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp  [Version 1.2.8]
19  When Vampires Attack.esp  [Version 2.0.5]
1A  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Edited by alt3rn1ty

@Alty

Could be the alpha effect resolution just too much for your machine? Try resizing some splash effects from 'textures/effects' folder. I doubt it could be the mesh, as I actually removed parts of them because it just looked better without it. The more general large waterfalls (not pure white) have a LOD flag disabled because the distance with it enabled was pure awdul. That is outside stuff though and they are not featured inside a lot by any means. WATER is pretty balanced as it stands now. I cut many things back and always think about general users. I can't really think of anything else to save resources on.

@Tech

Many thanks for your help. I didn't want to do something weird to an installer. 

@ SP

Yeah I'm not getting what the problem is either, I have a separate BAIN with Reduced WATER textures to overwrite the Ruffled Feather install of the same textures ( I put all the ones I normally reduce through Photoshop and preserved the same format of DDS in each case after any reductions made ) ..

.. So on the texture front its not a problem for my aged laptop, I have that aspect covered.

But my desktop has plenty of VRAM, and its quite a bit under used ( I dont have the Hi Res packs installed which it is more than capable of handling ) .. And although the problem is markedly reduced on that machine, its still slightly detectable.

I wondered if you had done any mesh chopping and ran them all through Antons Nif Healer https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61685/?

.. I also checked them out in the dev version of NifSkope 2 https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4136-nifskope-20-dev/

.. Found no problems that I could think of.

Ah well.

Do you know of anyone who has just made a mod which corrects water flow only ? ( ie - vanilla Water flow direction going underneath the land sideways in a lot of places instead of following the direction the river is going ), thats all I really want out of a water mod. The water being calmer in tidal areas like Solitude's water front makes sense to be included aswell. Is it all just about those Noise edits ?, or are meshes a part of flow direction problems too ?

@Alty 

You have access to my mod, if you have the time, why not make a optional version to your liking? I think the guys here like world edits to correct the flow, whereas I'd rather focus on other areas. Check my old WATER FAQ to see my thoughts on worldspace edits. Editing water in the plugin is super easy and I did most of it in TESVEdit. The effects are my favourite part because it offers a bit more of a challenge. 

@Tech

Yeah if you want to change the flow without altering it anywhere else you need to:

1.Create new water type.

2.Got to cell and right-click 'Edit' on current cell.

3.Change cell water type to your custom one.