Solitude dragonhead HD (by rgabriel15)

EssArrBee

• 2 weeks later...

It is different from the surrounding area but I would have to concur with Aiyen on this one.

In my opinion blurry textures should be replaced with just about anything that is available on the market unless it is objectively worse.

The texture looks like the masons were rushed and couldn't quite finish it in time. Vanilla looks to me like the finished job.

Corner blocks can look rough hewn but gargoyles or grotesques need to look 'finished' in the same manner as the blocks used in lintels or door jambs.

Look at the doorway in the 2nd set and compare it to the heads.

I vote no as well, but I dislike both textures. It looks like poor craftmanship, which is worse to me than the original low resolution. I'm especially hesitant because I think that it should be a pretty clear upgrade if it's being recommended for just one texture. (As is the case with HD Misc).

Edited by Harpalus

I think it is time to ask the rather obvious question.... is it only used there or elsewhere ? 

Just because it does not blend nicely there perhaps it does in other locations. We cannot expect one texture to fit in with every other. Afaik then that particular model is also used in various nord ruins. 

• 3 weeks later...