Texture Pack Combiner

Kelmych

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But yet Someone is all butt hurt just cuz Cestral is useing certain mod in his combiner and is hidding it till he removes it.This guy has his head so far up his A** and riding up way to high on his high horse. For One Cestral is not even breaking any rules. The was this certain modder sees it its eather use all his textures or use none at all thinking his is the best EVER, And also saying that Cestral hasen't given credit but he has mentioned his name in the dscription. And also Cestral isen't takeing any credit for making any of these mods. He is just making the modding of skyrim easier and doing what almost everybody does anyways just he is removing the pain in the butt steps of finding combatitiblty and looks and a bunch of other things. He is just making it so people can get in to the game ASAP ensted of having to test each mod with each other which could take day. weeks maybe even months depending on how dedicated a certain user is to get the best looking game Really Modder you need to get off your high horse. Your the only one that has come to Cestral and whined and complained that someone is KINDA useing (and i'm useing the word useing very lightly) a mod. I also remember this certain modder whined and complained everytime someone said they liked or used a different mod over his. He gets all butt hurt or complains everytime someone saying anything about his mod that isen't positive.

I'll repeat what I posted on the TPC Nexus Forum:

Would it not be possible to design TPC in a way that you "recommend" users to install SRO first and then use TPC second for best results? In this design TPC would not overwrite the SRO textures that were picked by the combiner in the first place. Thus, TPC is not using the SRO textures internally but rather simply ignoring the SRO textures that should be used and overwriting the textures that are best from another mods. In this scenario the modders are still receiving the benefits of both SRO and TPC. They just have to be installed separately and one in front of the other.

Would it not be possible to design TPC in a way that you "recommend" users to install SRO first and then use TPC second for best results? In this design TPC would not overwrite the SRO textures that were picked by the combiner in the first place. Thus, TPC is not using the SRO textures internally but rather simply ignoring the SRO textures that should be used and overwriting the textures that are best from another mods. In this scenario the modders are still receiving the benefits of both SRO and TPC. They just have to be installed separately and one in front of the other.

The problem is that apparently Starac forbidden to even recommend that in the TPC page, or he'll remove SRO from the Nexus (as he did), which is totally ridicule. He's the right to remove anything he wants, not to tell what to write and what not to write about his mods, which is the core idea of STEP as well. My estimation is that we'll not see SRO anymore, unless Starac decides to recognize he's not the modding god.

The problem is that apparently Starac forbidden to even recommend that in the TPC page, or he'll remove SRO from the Nexus (as he did), which is totally ridicule. He's the right to remove anything he wants, not to tell what to write and what not to write about his mods, which is the core idea of STEP as well. My estimation is that we'll not see SRO anymore, unless Starac decides to recognize he's not the modding god.
Really hope this is not the case and he comes to his senses as his work was the one I enjoyed the most (yes I did endorse!) due to it's not diverting from the original feel of the game. With him taking it down, I can't imagine playing Skyrim without it. If it is gone for good, I hope someone will take up the mantle and redo all the work themselves.

Also' date=' i can understand if someone is compelled to join Starac's side in order to see SRO updated, but i cannot give away my freedom for some pretty textures.[/quote']

This I 100% agree with, it is Starac who must bend not STEP or TPC. To say otherwise would be ludicrous. No-one has the power to deny free speech about their product released to the public.

Also' date=' i can understand if someone is compelled to join Starac's side in order to see SRO updated' date=' but i cannot give away my freedom for some pretty textures.[/quote'']

This I 100% agree with, it is Starac who must bend not STEP or TPC. To say otherwise would be ludicrous. No-one has the power to deny free speech about their product released to the public.

Actually Starac didn't complain to STEP, only to TPC. But the general concept is still the same for both since he has forbidden Cestral to even talk about SRO in his page. So yeah, as STEP creator, i took this issue personally.

Also' date=' i can understand if someone is compelled to join Starac's side in order to see SRO updated' date=' but i cannot give away my freedom for some pretty textures.[/quote'']

Actually Starac didn't complain to STEP, only to TPC. But the general concept is still the same for both since he has forbidden Cestral to even talk about SRO in his page. So yeah, as STEP creator, i took this issue personally.

It really is just ludicrously immature of him, and although I love his work, I don't want to recommend it because of how he's handling this.  As TC said, Cestral tried to reason with him, even mentioning that STEP basically does the same thing and at one point preferred Skyrim HD over SRO.  As much I want STEP to be neutral in the matter, I don't think we can sit idly by with this one.

Just a psuedo-warning for everyone: please respect the rules, and however frustrated you are (this includes myself), don't go overboard; this forum isn't the place for it and we've had enough texture artist bickering recently.

But yet Someone is all butt hurt just cuz Cestral is useing certain mod in his combiner and is hidding it till he removes it.This guy has his head so far up his A** and riding up way to high on his high horse. For One Cestral is not even breaking any rules. The was this certain modder sees it its eather use all his textures or use none at all thinking his is the best EVER, And also saying that Cestral hasen't given credit but he has mentioned his name in the dscription. And also Cestral isen't takeing any credit for making any of these mods. He is just making the modding of skyrim easier and doing what almost everybody does anyways just he is removing the pain in the butt steps of finding combatitiblty and looks and a bunch of other things. He is just making it so people can get in to the game ASAP ensted of having to test each mod with each other which could take day. weeks maybe even months depending on how dedicated a certain user is to get the best looking game Really Modder you need to get off your high horse. Your the only one that has come to Cestral and whined and complained that someone is KINDA useing (and i'm useing the word useing very lightly) a mod. I also remember this certain modder whined and complained everytime someone said they liked or used a different mod over his. He gets all butt hurt or complains everytime someone saying anything about his mod that isen't positive.

I assume you mean SRO? I thought it was strange that it was hidden when I went to check it last night. I'm pretty disappointed, actually. Starac seems like a pretty cool guy. But I admit that based on some of his posts I've seen in other threads do make this slightly less surprising. I guess I just don't understand his issue. Or that I do, but I refuse to believe it.

EDIT: I just read the other responses here (which I should have probably done before posting) as well as checking discussions on other sites. I must say I'm quite appalled by his attitude. As a mod author myself, I understand and endorse the rights of modders. But even so I have to say that he's out of line. This isn't one of the rights he has as a modder, and it also encroaches on the right of mod users. Which are just as important as the rights of the creators. That and the whole god-complex he seems to have (which as I mentioned before was noticeable from posts he'd made before all this drama) is just repellant. It's unfortunate, but seeing as I can't see him changing his tune, SRO will likely fall into obscurity.

Even if SRO is unhidden, I seriously think TheCompiler and STEP should have a backup plan of sorts that doesn't revolve around SRO.

I wouldn't put it past Starac to do this again.

I'd rather put up with lesser quality textures than to have to bend over backwards and pander to his every wish just to use SRO.

I agree. I don't think either project should focus on a mod that will likely go down the next time its author takes issue with something petty and they shouldn't have to change their principles to please someone elses misguided ideas. We like SRO, but we certainly don't need it and at this point, I don't think many of us will want it if Starac doesn't fix his attitude.

But yet Someone is all butt hurt just cuz Cestral is useing certain mod in his combiner and is hidding it till he removes it.This guy has his head so far up his A** and riding up way to high on his high horse. For One Cestral is not even breaking any rules. The was this certain modder sees it its eather use all his textures or use none at all thinking his is the best EVER' date=' And also saying that Cestral hasen't given credit but he has mentioned his name in the dscription. And also Cestral isen't takeing any credit for making any of these mods. He is just making the modding of skyrim easier and doing what almost everybody does anyways just he is removing the pain in the butt steps of finding combatitiblty and looks and a bunch of other things. He is just making it so people can get in to the game ASAP ensted of having to test each mod with each other which could take day. weeks maybe even months depending on how dedicated a certain user is to get the best looking game Really Modder you need to get off your high horse. Your the only one that has come to Cestral and whined and complained that someone is KINDA useing (and i'm useing the word useing very lightly) a mod. [b']I also remember this certain modder whined and complained everytime someone said they liked or used a different mod over his. He gets all butt hurt or complains everytime someone saying anything about his mod that isen't positive.[/b]

First this bolded part is not true.

Now you should not believe everything that Cestral said. Problem is that he did not asked for permission to use SRO, and i don't like that. Also i have stated from the first day of my mod that one must ask me for permission to use it for any kind of modification. This is in the Nexus "Permissions and Credits" section. These are my rules. Period.

Even The Compiler didn't ask for permission, but i have overlooked that. There was also dude who merged my mod with some anime BS. That didn't last long. I don't want to see my mod merged with some nonsense! 

And Cestral doesn't have any principles! No wonder that the closest people have left him.

But yet Someone is all butt hurt just cuz Cestral is useing certain mod in his combiner and is hidding it till he removes it.This guy has his head so far up his A** and riding up way to high on his high horse. For One Cestral is not even breaking any rules. The was this certain modder sees it its eather use all his textures or use none at all thinking his is the best EVER' date=' And also saying that Cestral hasen't given credit but he has mentioned his name in the dscription. And also Cestral isen't takeing any credit for making any of these mods. He is just making the modding of skyrim easier and doing what almost everybody does anyways just he is removing the pain in the butt steps of finding combatitiblty and looks and a bunch of other things. He is just making it so people can get in to the game ASAP ensted of having to test each mod with each other which could take day. weeks maybe even months depending on how dedicated a certain user is to get the best looking game Really Modder you need to get off your high horse. Your the only one that has come to Cestral and whined and complained that someone is KINDA useing (and i'm useing the word useing very lightly) a mod. [b']I also remember this certain modder whined and complained everytime someone said they liked or used a different mod over his. He gets all butt hurt or complains everytime someone saying anything about his mod that isen't positive.[/b]

First this bolded part is not true.

Now you should not believe everything that Cestral said. Problem is that he did not asked for permission to use SRO, and i don't like that. Also i have stated from the first day of my mod that one must ask me for permission to use it for any kind of modification. This is in the Nexus "Permissions and Credits" section. These are my rules. Period.

Even The Compiler didn't ask for permission, but i have overlooked that. There was also dude who merged my mod with some anime BS. That didn't last long. I don't want to see my mod merged with some nonsense! 

And Cestral doesn't have any principles! No wonder that the closest people have left him.

I just cannot comment this, it is clear that there's a huge misunderstanding in the difference between "pointing to a mod" and "stealing mods assets".

If you really think that i needed any permission to write about SRO in STEP, you have no idea of what permission rules are.