[NSFW] STEP Female Body Replacer

EssArrBee

Okay, tested that out. The XCE version works very well. This mod only contains one file with alters the normal map of the character. It actually looks fantastic! It fixes that stomach issue that Z was complaining about too (which I total agree with him).

Here are some shots:

Posted Image

Perfectly athletic stomach and arms!

Posted Image

Nice shoulder muscles. It really looks like she could swing those heavy swords around! You can notice a bit of the seam here with the SG Textures.

Posted Image

Beautiful back and calves!

Load order:

XCE

SG Textures Renewal

Battle Hardened Body Mod

The visibility of the seams depends mostly on lighting conditions (XCE + SG Textures + Battle Hardened):

Barely noticeable (light-toned Redguard; Breton):

Posted ImagePosted Image

Noticeable (light-toned Redguard, Ork, Breton):

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Even the usually almost invisible seam at the arms can become apparent again depending on skin tone and lighting (Elf):

Posted Image

I'd still like to find a texture mod that works better with the XCE-vanilla body: Nords are looking a bit too plasticky and the seams are still too prominent. Otoh, they are also present in the current setup which also looks worse overall.

It's two steps forward: a better skin tone combined with a slightly tougher look. But it's not on par with a body replacer. Though there is none, apparently, that plays nice with vanilla armours, so they are out of the picture ..

Regardless, can we agree that this setting is an improvement to the status quo and should be tested further?

Added:

I think, "Better Freckles" looks out of place with the new textures.

Edited by thommaal
  • +1 1

Looking better and better! Now we just need to ensure that different combinations of gear won't cause obvious seams on wrists, feet and neck.

It's XCE so the armors are going to work exactly the same way they have been for STEP. No difference since all we've done is change the texture and normal map.I agree that I'd like a better skin texture than this. The glowy skin is very apparent in some lighting, but so far this is the best we have. We could ask the author to make an option for less glow option...or hell, even an option that is made for the vanilla/XCE body! I'll head over there in a bit and see if this author is still active in the community.As for the seams, I had to look two of three times to see them in those shots. I think that is acceptable because they're hard to notice unless you're looking for them.

Unfortunately spotting even the least apparent issues is what modders do best...

Unfortunately, that is true.I've sent messages to both the authors of Mature Skin and SG Textures. Now we wait and see if anyone is willing to help us out with a vanilla (+XCE) body texture.

Trying to do this tool-less so I haven't tried it yet. I did hear back from the author of SG Female Texture Renewal and unfortunately she can't help right now, but gave permission to edit the SG textures.

Although your project looks awesome and will definitely be loved by vanilla players, I simply don't have time or resources to make skin replacer for the vanilla body at the moment. Sorry about that. Still, I'll give full permission to you for modification and release, if you choose to modify SG textures by yourself.  

Regards,

Santa

Note: This permission was given to the STEP Team ONLY; no one else. If you want to edit the textures, please contact hellosanta personally. If you know how to edit these textures and want to do it FOR the STEP Team, please PM us here on the forum.

Has anybody found a way make Caliente's TexBlend work with MO? It could be useful in this endeavor.

The trick is to open the Config.xml file that comes with the blender and set the output path, my example path is below

<!-- Texture output path.  Normally this is the same as GameDataPath, but if you wish to specify an alternate	location where to save textures after blending, uncomment this and set the path accordingly. -->    <TexOutputPath>D:The Elder Scrolls V SkyrimModOrganizermodsBLENDED TEXTURES</TexOutputPath> 

I am currently working on the female body solution for STEP. It looks like CBBE should work as a vanilla replacement, and there are a great many options for it. Here is a sample demonstrating how it looks:

Current STEP  >  CBBE (with modifications)  >  CBBE with vanilla Forsworn armor