[NSFW] STEP Female Body Replacer

EssArrBee

I thought char height was determined by skeleton and not mesh ... ?

Did you use same skeleton for all?

Just tested and you are correct. I was unaware of this. I'll redo the shots for each in Core rather than vanilla and this time have XPMS and FNIS active in all. It might be a day or so.

Would you like me to go ahead and use a 3rd party skin just for testing so the skin matches on each?

I thought char height was determined by skeleton and not mesh ... ?

Did you use same skeleton for all?

Just tested and you are correct. I was unaware of this. I'll redo the shots for each in Core rather than vanilla and this time have XPMS and FNIS active in all. It might be a day or so.

Would you like me to go ahead and use a 3rd party skin just for testing so the skin matches on each?

Yes, I think the mature Skin would be best if that works for all.

OP updated with proper compares. The skin didn't work without seems so I stuck with the defaults for each mod. I also removed CNHF 1.0 from the compares as it was simply as older version of CNHF. All compare now are in STEP:Core with XPMS and FNIS activated.

Mature Skin produces seams? If so, which mesh bases? Does Mature Skin have options for any/all of these mesh bases? Are seams apparent in the configs that Mature Skin is built for?

I tried the UNP base (says it requires DIMONIZED UNP female body mod when downloading). It only loaded the face textures and caused neck seams on Vanilla, STEP and Prometheus. I didn't try for CNHF or UNP at that point since three out of 5 compares couldn't use it. I can try it on CNHF and UNP if desired.

Mature Skin has UNP, CBBE and ADEC bases.

Didn't try on UNP since others couldn't use. I'll test this real quickly before I have to leave for work.

z929669, on 11 Apr 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:z929669, on 11 Apr 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

Mature Skin produces seams? If so, which mesh bases?

Does Mature Skin have options for any/all of these mesh bases?

Are seams apparent in the configs that Mature Skin is built for?

When I installed in this order with Wrye/BAIN -

XPMS 1-92 NMM-BAIN INSTALLER-26800-1-92

ApachiiSkyHair_v_1_5_Full-10168-1-5-Full  (from ApachiiSkyHair's Optional downloads)

UNP BASE Main body V1dot2-6709  (NSFW, and you appear to have it already so no link here)

UNPB Installer (various options, ditto the above)

Meshes for UNPB users-7305-2-0

ApachiiSkyHair_Patch_UNP_CBBE_BodySize_0-10168-1-4

SG Textures Renewal UNP-35267-1-5

coverwomen look_4-3563-2-0

seamless UNP and Coverwomen Look_4-3563  (from Coverwomen's Optional downloads)

Sub Surface Full Body Map BODYsk for Head and Hands - Map is half bright-30050-1-0

I encountered definite neck seams with SG textures, disappeared when I removed SG (and now looks very nice). Not sure if it's my install order, or if I"m mismatching my meshes/textures.

* not advocating what I'm using, just contributing data for your debate.

Edited by redirishlord

I have to admit that CNHF is the most realistic, correct (and appealing) of them all. If we can get a recipe for proper, seamless, vanilla-cloting-compatible config, then that is what we should go for in STEP. CNHF also has believable underwear.

So I just finished a new install and finalized my mod list, started a new playthrough & promised myself I wouldn't tinker with it & just play the darn game ... and my modding compulsion kicked in. I looked at CNHF and its definitely more realistic & appropriate that what I've got installed.

What's the situation with armor compatibility and a "complete solution" regarding a CNHF replacement, any suggestions from current users?

• We need to test CNHF 2.5 under current STEP for starters, noting any incompat with armor/clothing clipping.
  • Then we will need to test CNHF 2.5 with texture replacers like Mature Skin and others to determine which do and do not have seams.
  • Where texture seams or mesh clipping are present, we need to identify the mods that are conflicting with CNHF 2.5 meshes or Mature Skin (et al.) replacement skin textures and ...
  • ... determine if these mods have any compatibility options for CNHF 2.5 or Mature Skin (et al.) as applicable.

If no compat 'fixes' are available for existing mods, or if solutions result in the installation of more mods to alleviate compat issues, then we are at a roadblock and will need to create one patch for STEP that we host on the Nexus. This is the simple solution that adds the least amount of complexity to the STEP installation, and addition of a single female body replacer should not complicate the installation more than that, or we have to ditch the whole idea.

After reviewing the CNHF 2.5 page, I gather that it is compatible with but not intended for UNP armors. Meaning that it will "work" with UNP armor, but will be proportioned as UNP not CNHF. Unfortunately there isn't a comprehensive set of CNHF 2.5 armor replacers.