Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Before someone asks :  yes, i am running MO  with "Run as administrator "

MO should NEVER be run as admin.

IKR, who knew...

It's one of those few programs that doesn't work well with it.

I don't know if you can disable it now though with out having issues...

Unless I am incorrect but I doubt that...

Edited by hishutup

Been updating my mod list after the guide, and I have a single correction: When installing Dragonskin Tacitical Outfit, there is a second .esp that need to be moved to the optional esps: DTOBP-ProjectNevada.esp, since it requires the Dragonskin Tacitical Outfit Bonus Pack, which isn't mentioned in the mod install instructions.

MO should NEVER be run as admin.

IKR, who knew...

It's one of those few programs that doesn't work well with it.

I don't know if you can disable it now though with out having issues...

Unless I am incorrect but I doubt that...

I have never had any problems with it. How did you figure that out? The installer at least tells you you need to be running it as an admin. Not the program itself just the installer. So I assumed I needed to run the program as an admin too. 

Alright, I got most of my real life crap out of the way and will be revamping the guide for UIO. I'm going to see about doing things a bit different now that there is a nicer solution to the UI section. It did not have to be at the start after the quests, but I always felt like that got all the hard stuff out of the way first. Most the stuff in the guide after the UI is pretty straightforward.

I'll probably be redoing the layout to fixes-> quests-> UI. That will get everything hard out of the way except for a couple merging instructions early on. Also, I can start adding YUP fixes to any merge instructions that may need them.

I am happy to report that this time everything installed smoothly and the game runsd great without issues.

Couple of questions though :

If i decide to install an ENB ( i know how ) can i just  select reinstall on CFO for the ENB  HAIR MESHES and simply install the animated Sweat ENB and  untick the vanilla one  and it will work  ?

Secondly  wouldn't  disabling the transparency fix as described in the guide cause my guns and hands to become transparent ( i had that issue on one of my prievious playthroughs )when using an enb  ? 

Thirdly ,  any recommendations for what  ENB would work best with this mod setup ( i was thinking of using  This one :  https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/53521/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fnewvegas%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D53521&pUp=1  )

fourth ,   would  quest mods like  "the inheritance "  and  "Fallout New Vegas Christmas Special"  and others still work with this setup ?

And lastly , is there any posibility to make "A world of pain"  work with this guide ?

I am finalizing my notes on UIO. I am going to make a new post the MO Fallout Support and sticky it for finding. There are some procedures that workarounds that I have found that will make for a successful UI install.

Thanks GSD, a lot of people are probably curious about how to get it working. I've tried it a couple different ways and have a solution by deleting all the install scripts and installing manually.

I am happy to report that this time everything installed smoothly and the game runsd great without issues.

Couple of questions though :

If i decide to install an ENB ( i know how ) can i just  select reinstall on CFO for the ENB  HAIR MESHES and simply install the animated Sweat ENB and  untick the vanilla one  and it will work  ?

Just install the ENB one with a different name and then untick the other one. Put the ENB version where the other is in the left pane.

Secondly  wouldn't  disabling the transparency fix as described in the guide cause my guns and hands to become transparent ( i had that issue on one of my prievious playthroughs )when using an enb  ? 

ENBoost only: No Fix.  ENB: Use Fix.

Thirdly ,  any recommendations for what  ENB would work best with this mod setup ( i was thinking of using  This one :  https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/53521/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fnewvegas%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D53521&pUp=1  )

ENB is very different from profile to profile. It usually takes trying a few to find one you like.

fourth ,   would  quest mods like  "the inheritance "  and  "Fallout New Vegas Christmas Special"  and others still work with this setup ?

And lastly , is there any posibility to make "A world of pain"  work with this guide ?

The problem is that I'm running out of plugin slots. The limit is 140, but the game starts getting unstable after 135, so I have to keep it under or just merge a ton of stuff.

Thanks GSD, a lot of people are probably curious about how to get it working. I've tried it a couple different ways and have a solution by deleting all the install scripts and installing manually.

I posted my notes in the Mod Organizer - Fallout support - UIO and Mod Organizer. There are a lot of things I learned while doing this. It is a process, but it works. It is just load order, no hiding of files unless you want and no whatever.xml editing. Hats off to Tannin for all the improvements to MO and jazzisparis for UIO.

After  i finished the optimization process for the vanilla textures  i have all of the files repackaged into rar files .

These should be dropped inside  Mod organizer/Mods , right ?

If yes , after activation , they should be placed at the top in the left pane correct  ? 

If they are in any type of archive they are put in the MOdownloads folder, NOT mods. You will go to downloads in the right pane and install them like mods then in the left pane drag them into place.

• Unmanaged: FalloutNV
  • Fallout - Textures
  • Fallout - Textures2
  • and so on for the DLC

ENB Manager and Changer separates the ENB files from the preset's files, makes it easy to switch either of them independently, delete all ENB-related files, and so on.  The switcher works with any of the games, not just Skyrim.

Rudy ENB is excellent and worth a look.  The look is very different from vanilla, with lots of sunlight in the air, so

and see if you like it. Edited by v1ld