Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

For the new mod added 10/12: https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas#The_Legacy_of_X13_-_An_Armor_Overhaul

Should the 4 mods downloaded be merged?

Thanks,

diznanl

Yes. They should all be merged into the same folder.

Thank you Nozzer66 and Audley for addressing my notes.

If I move the bashed patch out of the Overwrites folder and into its own folder, will MO automatically be able to detect it? Also, I can't uncheck the bashed patch on the left side of MO because it does not have a checkbox next to it. It sits at the top of the list and is categorized as Non-MO.

Thank you for the advice about the xEdit Script install. I actually managed to figure it out on my own, but I was just saying that the instructions in the guide should be more clear to avoid other beginners making the same mistake I did.

And yeah I understand the guide is meant for people with the DLC. Maybe one day though, when the guide is "complete," there can be a section or notes added for vanilla players. But yeah it mostly isn't a big deal to adjust.

If it is appearing in the left pane as not manageable then it is not in your MO mods folder. It is in your New Vegas Data folder. Go into your data folder and cut the bashed patch.esp and go to Mod OrganizerOverwrites and place it there.  Then Open MO and create a new mod from your overwrites folder. This should now give you the option to tick and untick it. 

Ran into a snag again .

This time with interior lighting overhaul.

I followed the installation correctly , but when i click finish the mod does not appear in the left pane or anywhere else .

I did check both the download and mod folders and can confirm that in both the  files are there so i am at a bit of a loss why it isn't showing in the list . 

Did you check to make sure it wasn't accidentally placed in the overwrite folder?

Did you go to your Fallout New Vegas Data folder and move the bashed patch out of it and into the overwrite folder?

You mean the Bash_Groups.csv ?

I did not but now that i did i still do not get it to appear .

To go into more detail , the first time i installed it i actually  got the file to appear , but after i moved the Ultimate Edition.esp to the optional ESP box  the mod  suddenly disappeared and i haven't been able to get it to show in Mo since .

@Luap... Paul Backwards. Nice. Us Pauls have to stick together. ;)

It's showing as no MO cause it's been generated from a non MO application. Hence why it's in overwrite. Moving it into its own folder, restarting MO should recognise it's folder in the left pane. Clicking the 'mod' there will activate it like any other mod. 

No mess, no fuss.

I don't know what the Bash_Groups.csv is so I think you better move that back. I mean the Bashed Patch, 0.esp Let me show you some pictures:

Step 1: Link

And paste it in the overwrites folder so it Looks like this:

Step 2: Link

Then go into MO and create a new mod from Overwrite: 

Step 3: Link

IF there is NOT a Bashed Patch, 0.esp in your data folder for some reason you can find a COPY of it in your Fallout: New VegasMopyTemplates folder. ONLY COPY this and paste it in your overwrites. Do not cut. Only do this if you do not have one in your New Vegas data folder. Otherwise ignore this entire sentence.

thorgal

Can you type the current issues into a new post.

I am having a hard time following this discussion.

Also, did you actually read the guide or assume certain steps?

If you did just say that you did, I did it many times with large guides.

Did you do anything that you always do with your games that is not mentioned outside of the guide?

Did you play with any permissions?

Was the anything in the guide that did not quite line up with you install?

This will greatly help with finding an answer to the root cause of the issues and maybe more people can provide better assistance.

I apologize for making My posts sound confusing , that wasn't my intention .

My issue is as follows :

I followed the guide down to the letter and up until  i reached interior lighting overhaul, everything Clicked and starting the game with the mods i had  worked nicely and without issue.

ILO is where i encountered my current issue.

The steps i took :

Set the fomod  installer enabler to false

Install ILO with the settings ticked as in the guide .

But when i finished installing it  the mod is nowhere to be found in MO.

I checked both the downloads folder and the Mod folder in MO and saw that the mod was there in both folders so i did not understand why it doesn't appear on the list .

Audley asked me to check if the mod did not get accidentally moved to the overwrite folder but that one was empty  .

Next he asked me  for the bashed patch which confused me because as far as i can tell the guide doesn't mention anything about it apart from  the Wyre flash  explanation so i assumed everything was in order .

I did go and check the bash folder in the data file ,but all that was in there was this :

Posted Image

Before someone asks :  yes, i am running MO  with "Run as administrator "

I followed his instructions on copying  a replacement file from the Mopy/ templates folder into the overwrite folder and then in MO i selected create mod and named it Bashed patch  clicked OK  and then ticked it in the left pane .

But then i discovered that besides ILO, No other mod appeared in the left pane when installed  .

Frustration and being tired  set  at that point did not help either .  

If anyone has any idea what the issue is or sees something i did wrong please Let me know   . 

Edited by thorgal

You cannot mod games that exist in the program files folder. Those protected by windows even if UAC is turned off. You need to move steam. Just google it since steam has easy instructions for moving the steam folder. I suggest using c:/games.

I'm not surprised you've had so many issues.

I understand how this could be confusing, no worries. :) We will get this sorted out. 

As EssArrBee suggested I think you should move Steam out of Program Files. It is not as hard as it sounds; I recommend watching a video on Youtube. 

To see what mods are installed by MO go to (Wherever you installed MO)Mods. If nothing is there except ILO then we can confirm that somehow things got deleted. If all of your mods ARE there then something is blocking MO from accessing its folders properly i.e. Windows. 

When you do those two things then you get time let us know with the results and we can work from there. Forget what I said about the bashed patch for now, just focus on the mod issue.

Just to know this is normal .

After i merged the plugins for the uncutseries mods and i started  wyre Flash for the first time to add the tags, it dropped a bashed patch into my override folder .

Then when i merged  the  Sandbox6 Mods  and created the mod for it it placed the bashed patch also in it .

The patch is still ticked  in the plugins list .

Is this how it is supposed to work ?

Yep. When you make a mod from override it takes EVERYTHING. 

What you probably should have done was make a mod for the bashed patch first before you did the merged sandbox stuff. No biggie and easy to fix, though.

Just make a folder for the Bashed patch and drop the bashedpatch0.esp in it to save confusion.

Edited by Nozzer66