Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Same author as Collision Mesh Overhaul. He seems to be deleting his mods or he got hacked and someone is doing it for him.

He's still active on Nexus and the gas leak mod's still there. Unless he's updating or something? Maybe fire off a PM and see what's happening?

Thanks i installed the Pip Boy light mod.

So i installed everything and the only thing BOSS does not recognize is CASM with MCM. Where in the load order should this be?

Question about the Bashed patch, do i really need to tick all checkboxes on the right including the ones in Tweak Settings? I ask this because the guide says "for Tweak Settings tick Terminal Speed Adjustment and then right click and set to 'x 6'."

Before that it says you need to tick them all anyway, and the Terminal Speed Adjustment is already set to x6 by default.

Edited by Blackice

I hate when mod authors change the name of their plguin so BOSS doesn't recognize it anymore. CASM should be put where the old CASM went, so put it right after DarnUI. I think it's DarnUINV.esp and it's toward the top of the list.

I thought I mentions to tick all the boxes where there were plugins. If one of the settings on the left has a plugin listed on the right then it needs to be ticked and the plugins need to be ticked. The only exception is the FalloutNV.esm for Names. If you don't tick all those boxes then the game won't be patched and you'll get some weird results or stuff will be missing.

Well, patches can be remade as well, plus CASM is an NVSE mod, so no patching required. And it already had MCM, so no need to add that to the plugin name.

I don't know what's up with KiCHo666 ATM, so I'll just comment out his mods so they are invisible. The three mods he took down are all meshes so maybe he's doing a combined pack. That would be nice actually, I'm all for combining mods together to lessen install time on users, which reminds me of another project I've neglected for far to long...

Good grief, those pics make my Glock 21 look like toy!

EssArrBee, on 19 Aug 2014 - 8:13 PM, said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/56752/?

Looks like a little gem. An addon to NVInteriors Project.

That is a great view, I really like with he did with the comp suite. Did ya catch the TTW dialog in first pic?

Edited by redirishlord

Good grief, those pics make my Glock 21 look like toy!

EssArrBee, on 19 Aug 2014 - 8:13 PM, said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/56752/?

Looks like a little gem. An addon to NVInteriors Project.

That is a great view, I really like with he did with the comp suite. Did ya catch the TTW dialog in first pic?

Yeah, but Glocks are actually usable in the real world. Desert Eagles are pretty much for blowing up cars or derailing trains. That guy makes the TTW Interiors Project and is an admin on the TTW forums, so he probably never uninstalls it.

I've somehow broke the UI section by reinstalling (I used the old version of the guide, where flashlight was before oHUD), and now I receive in-game popup about nonexistant Project Nevada UI files. Also most of the hardcore needs and resists are gone from the UI too. How can I restore it w/o ruining again?

I've tried by repeating this process:

1. Unchecked CASM and everything lower.

2. Unchecked Project Nevada Extra Options and lower.

3. Deactivated all packages in project manager in FOMM - Fork

4. Repeated guide steps from "Project Nevada - Extra Options" till "uHUD" (mods not requiring FOMM - Fork were just rechecked)

5. Checked everything from CASM and lower.

6. Rebuilt bashed patch.

And after loading the FNV4Gb I received the same message about "Project Nevada - some UI parts are not existing". What have I done wrong and how can I repair it?

Hey, KiCHo666 got back to me and said he may re-upload his mods soon. He didn't give any reason for deletion though, so until then the mods will remain hidden.

I've also started thinking about a couple things. A LOOT masterlist contributor contacted Kelmych about C&PD switching to LOOT. I'd like to do the same, but bash tags had not been updated. This is also problem for F3, so it seems like an opportunity to switch both guides at the same time. Bashed Patch is essential and it would require a separate page longer than the guide to patch the game with FNVEdit without it, so if the LOOT masterlist isn't up-to-date, then it is a deal breaker to me. There are just so many meshes, scripts, and fixes that do not get forwarded without it, whether others see or not doesn't matter because I know it's there, and it eats away at me. One of those things where I know it's there so I can't not see it. So, I'm going to do what I can to switch over ASAP.

The other thing is additional patching that I'm afraid must be done since the Wrye team is starting to look at Skyrim Bashed Patching stuff, so I'm willing to bet money that they aren't going to put much love into the Fallout games for a bit other than combining the 5 games into one program. That is a welcome edition and Skyrim could use some bashed patch love (Graphics, Locations, and sound records anybody?), so it will also make Wrye much easier to install. Either way I will still need to do some additional patching. There are a few mods that will need me to put instructions to creating a patch with FNVEdit in the guide, which opens up more user error. The other option is that I create a bunch of patches and most of them are mergeable to bashed patch and you get them all off of one page I start on the nexus. PN, YUP, NVR3 (in testing), Rotface, and bunch others I can't remember right now all need from a bit to a bunch of patching.

What do you guys think, supplemental page with instructions to create your own patch or nexus page with premade patches?

I've somehow broke the UI section by reinstalling (I used the old version of the guide, where flashlight was before oHUD), and now I receive in-game popup about nonexistant Project Nevada UI files. Also most of the hardcore needs and resists are gone from the UI too. How can I restore it w/o ruining again?

Moving FalshlightNVSE is as simple as dragging it behind oHUD in the left pane. I don't think anything else was needed or you can just reinstall oHUD and then FlashlightNVSE again with FOMM.

I've tried by repeating this process:

1. Unchecked CASM and everything lower.

Deactivate all the UI mods by unticking them.

2. Unchecked Project Nevada Extra Options and lower.

You may have overwritten some PN or DarnUI files, so reinstall the first three mods from scratch, leave everything else in the UI section deactivated, install DarnUI, then PN, then extract the PN/DarnUI files, then install PN - EO.

3. Deactivated all packages in project manager in FOMM - Fork

4. Repeated guide steps from "Project Nevada - Extra Options" till "uHUD" (mods not requiring FOMM - Fork were just rechecked)

After uHUD if it doesn't work you can upload the files uHUD spits out and I can see what went wrong.

5. Checked everything from CASM and lower.

Recheck all UI mods

6. Rebuilt bashed patch.

And after loading the FNV4Gb I received the same message about "Project Nevada - some UI parts are not existing". What have I done wrong and how can I repair it?

...What do you guys think, supplemental page with instructions to create your own patch or nexus page with premade patches?

I like the first option, but the second may be more popular. If you go the second route, maybe the supplemental page with instructions can also be available?

What's involved on LOOT masterlist updating? If it's gathering and updating mod information my download connection has been reliable lately, PM me instructions and a list of what needs done if that will save you time (same goes for any other entry level items on your F&L to do list, as long as instructing me how to do it isn't more work than doing it yourself :;): ).