Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

New thread for reporting bad textures, this will help me and Kelmych make the ddsopt.ini exclude more textures that are bad. https://forum.step-project.com/topic/5753-bad-texture-report-it-here/

Ground meshes are pretty bad. I'm considering switching NMC and Poco Bueno again because NMC blends a bit better. Also, YUP has been implementing making ground mesh fixes from the old ground terrain fix mod that was incorporated into NVEC or something. Someone is helping Yuki go through the NVEC bugfixes mod and get everything out of it that is a true fix.

I'm going to add the DDSopt section to the guide right now. It will just be a section linking to the DDSopt guide for vanilla textures and my page on doing the mods. Continue to try it out and let me know how it goes. Is it confusing? How do the body replacers look? How do Millenia's WRP and WotNM look? Bad textures? (link above for that) Any more mods you think need optimization?

Alright checked the floor mats. They are non-slip pads and they have a texture, it is just a dark texture. I've noticed a few textures are darker, loosing their reflective properties. Maybe, the alpha properties got messed up when I did it. I used a bit different setup since I was still using the textures from my first attempt at optimization. I'll have to find time do it all over again. ::(:

I did most of the texture optimization as suggested, though, I did not get to test the stuff yet ingame since I tied myself up in an attempt to write an Oblivion guide. Mo drives me crazy related to Oblivion, I tell ye...

I think latest tuesday I'll get to test the textures in FNV and will give feedbag... I mean feetback.

ps. sweet NVBIII =)

Oh, and darn Steam. I only realised now, they kicked the option 'Do not update this game' entirely with the last big update! wtf -.- excellent for modded games really bah!

Edited by Soire

Doing some testing today with NVR3, looks like it may require a ton of patching for NPCs with YUP unless I can figure out the right combo of Bash Tags. Fingers crossed.

Undead003 did a NVR3 + YUP Compatibility patch. You can find it here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1876875-new-vegas-redesigned-3/page-106&do=findComment&comment=17027724

And excited for NVBIII, though I've never played NVBII as it was exploding with "bugs" for me (quest not starting after completion of NVBI, the sheriff house being Intangible and so on...)

I can't seem to get ENBoost to work with MO. If I launch the 4gb.exe by itself, it'll display the standard enb text at the beginning, but if I run it through MO, I see nothing. I have ATI so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Might need the injector version.