Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

:confused: Well, it seems I have a problem with FNV 4gb now. When I start it in ModOrganizer, it fails to start. Error: Failed to write to memory of child process. Access denied. I saw an tip here on the forum to add an argument to the 4gb shortcut in ModOrganizer "-laaexe .FalloutMO.exe". But that tip doesn't work. I'm using Windows 8.1. Help!

Are you using the English version of FNV? If not then try this thread: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/4597-how-to-use-fnv4gb-with-non-english-version-of-fnv/

I have to say thay I'm not too much of a fan of JIP realistic weapon overheating and JIP selective fire. I believe they aren't lore-friendly and they add something which isn't that important(especially the overheating one). The same doens't apply for JIP CC&C. :p Will you add it in the guide?

I don't see them as lore-friendly or unfriendly. Guns overheat and breakdown because of overuse, so the Overhaeting adds that in and guns have selective fire modes so it's nice to add them in, especially for WotNM guns that would actually have that type of selective fire. Maybe I'm a bit biased to that because I've used so many rifles. 'Merica, F*** YEAH!!! :hurr:

I have considered JIP CC&C, but it is one of those mods that would require lots of time to test. I would also have to add it to the dreaded UI section... oooooohhhh, so that means I have to be resolute in my additions to that section. Luckily, I have come up with a way to update the UI section without having to reinstall the entire thing. I'm writing up a separate page with those instructions that I will link at the beginning of the UI section when I am done so people can then add their own UI mods that require Unified HUD to merge the HUD elements without having to worry if they are in the guide.  :dance:

And, also, there are definite updates to make for the Python dependencies. It's better to link to the more recent versions of stuff anyway, unless there is a special case not to:

[*]Python 2.7.7 - notably, the 64-bit version CANNOT be used, or else Wrye Flash, when launched through Mod Organizer, will not reconize mods installed by Mod Organizer (due to a MO limitation)

[*]wxPython 2.8.12.1 - this is the last version of wxPython that can be used with Wrye Flash as of now, otherwise Flash complains about a invalid color pallete being used, and doesn't load properly. (Let Sharlikran know about this issue)

[*]comtypes is up to date

[*]pywin32 219

Can or cannot?

Did you stop by Portland Tactical while we were open? That video really takes me back, if it was real people shooting plastic at each.

The picture I posted is of KWA and other professional grade airsoft training weapons that we used for military & law enforcement training classes, as well as civilian recreation evenings & weekends, in our 22,000 sq ft warehouse space. I got to build a mock city block, good times.

Posted Image

Edited by redirishlord

I have CC&C running in my installation of FLNV and have had it since I began the current run. I'm at level 30 now and it runs quite well. Had up to 6 companions running with me and no problems, beyond the game starting to lag a bit faster in some areas, even with those extremes. With a smaller number, no trouble at all, though the character screen does activate Project Nevada's Bullet Time, it's not really a problem. Things slowing down a bit while you issue orders is probably a good thing, unless you're really into the hardcore experience.

Edit: Should probably mention, still not using the Overheating mod.

Edited by VonDoom

I have CC&C running in my installation of FLNV and have had it since I began the current run. I'm at level 30 now and it runs quite well. Had up to 6 companions running with me and no problems, beyond the game starting to lag a bit faster in some areas, even with those extremes. With a smaller number, no trouble at all, though the character screen does activate Project Nevada's Bullet Time, it's not really a problem. Things slowing down a bit while you issue orders is probably a good thing, unless you're really into the hardcore experience.

Edit: Should probably mention, still not using the Overheating mod.

6 companions is impressive (performance wise), you say it's stable with half that number? 

... Also had Willow on Wait for the entire time, since she can't be dismissed without losing her.

Thanks for that tip, good to know. I really need to find the time to get back to FNV. I had it installed through Wrye, I need to migrate my mod archive to MO and get that sorted. Glad SRB has detailed instructions, I'll appreciate that when it comes to navigating the UI install process & MO's unique idiosyncrasies.

• +1 1

Pretty much. Been running around with Veronica, Cass and Russel for quite awhile. Also had Willow on Wait for the entire time, since she can't be dismissed without losing her.

Just send her home, she's good about waiting. Also, you can change out the PN buttons in the MCM menu. I think Bullet Time is 'C', so just change it out for something else. I never use Bullet Time, addicted to VATS, so I'd just move it to '/' or something like that.

Just send her home, she's good about waiting. Also, you can change out the PN buttons in the MCM menu. I think Bullet Time is 'C', so just change it out for something else. I never use Bullet Time, addicted to VATS, so I'd just move it to '/' or something like that.

A bullet time headshot is the most satisfying thing. Also helps if you use scoped weapons.

Yeah, that's what I meant by waiting, actually -- CC&C wise, she's still in the list if you send her home, just in Wait mode. Sorry, wasn't entirely clear.

And yeah, I suppose you can change it. I didn't really look into it, because I actually like that time slows down when you're fiddling with the commands for your companions. Never use the bullet time for anything else, either. VATS for life, yo.

• +1 2

Love bullet time, but got burned out on VATS in FO3, I prefer the more fps feel of FNV (iron sights fo life, yo?).

The bullet time in CC&C menu reminds me of the old Space Hulk (WH40k on old consoles) game that had a pause time bar that was depleted while you queued up orders for your squad. I might have to try that, glad you mentioned it.

Thanks for that tip, good to know. I really need to find the time to get back to FNV. I had it installed through Wrye, I need to migrate my mod archive to MO and get that sorted. Glad SRB has detailed instructions, I'll appreciate that when it comes to navigating the UI install process & MO's unique idiosyncrasies.

Detailed instructions?!?!?! I have no clue what you are referring to. Everything on that page is purely guess work of raving lunatic who drinks alone way to often and may or may not have been exposed to lose doses of radiation at military test site that was once a place that nuclear testing took place. If you follow my instructions then you are just as psychotic as me and your computer will explode when you least expect as part of my master plan for world domination.  :pirate: