Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

"Willow needs to be packed", why didn't that occur to me?

Interesting, BSAs were the culprit, that explains why I couldn't pin down a critical number of ESPs. Too bad I can't +1 staff's rep, that's a great find. Maybe I need to put Skyrim on hold and fire up FNV again? I wonder how many mods I could run ... kidding.

• +1 1

Staff members don't have reps, but we do accept payment in the form ethanol, usually somewhere between 5-50% purity. I prefer the Kentucky made variety, but I've been known to partake in the Irish or Scottish types as well.

Okay, so I finally found a gas leak. The Mr Handy's actually use the same effect and they look pretty badass, so that mod is in. I found some invisible critters in Vault 22 that I need to look into before that mod is added, but otherwise I love what macintroll did with the place. Hope he finishes the Wasteland Clothing mod now. I'll add Potable Campsite and Better Gas Leak right now, both can be added without any issues to current playthroughs.

I recommend something from the Balvenie for your single malt sipping pleasure, if you see a bottle of their Portwood I'll ride down and we'll slay thing together. Mmm, Portwood, that's a tasty drop.

I'm partial to the Port finish from Glenmorangie myself, but I'm not all that picky about whiskey unless it's Canadian whiskey because that stuff is too sweet. Texas now has lots of small batch distillers popping up doing some very nice stuff. They make hand numbered bottles for each batch too. One bright spot of living in a place that is as hot as the face of the Sun during summer.

I still can't figure out the invisible mantis problem I have at vault 22. Tales of the burning sands adds the mantises, so I have no clue why they are invisible. Maybe it's because I basically just went straight there without doing any quests. I tried starting the Vault 22 quest, but that didn't work, so I have no clue.

Also, I've been looking into the bsa issue and apparently there might be a string issue where only 255 characters were allowed for all the BSAs loaded by Gamebryo. I thought Nitpick fixed that and MO incorporated it, but maybe only for Skyrim. That might be something to look into. So, now there is a problem with to many BSAs, and there is a problem with to many loose files, and a problem with to many plugins. Anything else broken Bethesda?

Once this round of mods is added that I'm currently looking at, I will be focusing on a few other things for the guide that is not just mods. I'm going to finish putting for optimizing textures, and then conflicts. I'll probably do a separate page for optimization to not make the guide super duper long as it is already getting quite long.

Also, I may do a supplemental guide where users can make a copy of their profile and insert Project Brazil. I don't see that mod being done anytime soon, but it will be an easy endeavor so I can get an idea about what I'd be getting myself into with TTW. One other thing, I often say these things I'm going to do and then completely do the opposite, so grain of salt.

Even the best plans aren't certain after first contact with the enemy, or something like that.

Props to TX for the small batch movement, quality over quantity (goes for consumption too, especially when riding after).

You might message Tannin on whether Nitpick functions apply to FNV thru MO as well.

Project Brazil sounded interesting, but I would want to have my way with modded FNV before heading off to a new environment. TTW sounds interesting, but I'm stuck on Skyrim at the moment and StarCitizen only going to demand more (& more) of my gaming time allowance (if you haven't checked out the Arena Commander demo video you owe yourself, seriously, you'll want to back & DL the playable module after).

Scrambled thoughts, Order up!

Even the best plans aren't certain after first contact with the enemy, or something like that.Props to TX for the small batch movement, quality over quantity (goes for consumption too, especially when riding after).You might message Tannin on whether Nitpick functions apply to FNV thru MO as well.Project Brazil sounded interesting, but I would want to have my way with modded FNV before heading off to a new environment. TTW sounds interesting, but I'm stuck on Skyrim at the moment and StarCitizen only going to demand more (& more) of my gaming time allowance (if you haven't checked out the Arena Commander demo video you owe yourself, seriously, you'll want to back & DL the playable module after).Scrambled thoughts, Order up!

I've always had trouble buying an I complete game. I regret buying DayZ SA entirely. And that's at least on steam. The whole star citizen plan has a ways to go before a finished product. And that will take quite some time.

I hear what you are saying, and I know I'm off topic, but I'm gonna go one more step before the ref calls me on it. The first playable alpha dogfighting module (single seat fighters) is out now, there's two more upgrades to go (crewed ships and capital ships), then the fps/boarding module, the beta version of the persistent universe, the single player campaign released in chapters to backers (one time fee, as little as $30 usd gets you the whole game) and finally ... launch!

tl;dr

watch dogfighting video here or the original (and amusing) release here

* admin feel free to send this to comment to cheap game thread

Edited by redirishlord

I'm not against scifi stuff usually but I just generally am against any MMO. It's a terrible genre that is responsible for a direction in games that is poisonous to the entire industry. The nickel and diming that is going on with micro transactions, free-to-play, and a move away from single player gaming came from MMOs and I just abstain from them on principle more than a lack of interest. PC gaming may be the best, but it is also the worst.

Looks like the WotNM and Gunrunners Actually Run Guns compatibility problems are solved by using the lite version of the store. One one simple conflict solved by putting the store plugin after GRARG.esp. The author gave permission to release patches, so I'm going to do that soon for users of the main store. Hopefully it doesn't break anything.

The lite version of the store just adds a second vendortron to the GR's kiosk, so it shouldn't have any problems with GRARG. The other store may be tricky since it involves

the murder of every GR in the building by robots.

It could mess up some of the GRARG quests if that happens so hopefully I can fix the issue.

EIDT: Okay, maybe I can't make a patch for the main store because the plugin is pretty messy, lots of deletions, EVEN A NAV MESH DELETION!!!! Who does that? I might have to remove lots of the GR's HQ changes from GRARG and use only the WotNM stuff. It's just to messy otherwise.

Okay, GRARG and Right to Bear Arms are nice additions. Now the GRs are a bit more badass, as they should be. I am going with the LITE store from WotNM, as I already said, so that will not conflict.

WotNM now will have the same type of issue that WRP has where you have to install an extra mod, PB-6P9, on top because of bad textures/meshes. I was hoping that I could avoid this since they might issue an update, but Naky might have RL issues. Anyways, all that stuff is getting updated in just a bit.

So I found out what my problem was with Tales and Vault 22. Apparently I hit replace instead of merge when installing the update file and that is bad. The good part is that Vault 22 isn't in conflict with anything and my problems were drinking while modding, yeah liver spotting!!!

I guess I should also start an INI tweak section as well. That will require a new thread for discussion.

I'm not against scifi stuff usually but I just generally am against any MMO. It's a terrible genre that is responsible for a direction in games that is poisonous to the entire industry. The nickel and diming that is going on with micro transactions, free-to-play, and a move away from single player gaming came from MMOs and I just abstain from them on principle more than a lack of interest. PC gaming may be the best, but it is also the worst.

While this further increases the ot, I really detest these sorts of opinions when backed by such ignorant reasoning. Did you by chance forget the rise of popular gaming in the first place? Ie Pinball and Arcade? Similarly, the "move away" is because generally speaking, adding more people makes things more fun because we are social animals. I can go much more in depth if you want. You want to dislike mmo's, fine, but don't try to blame them when history doesn't support you. Especially when the underlying cause is Us as general gamers anyway.

That Being said, I don't like Star Citizen because I will believe it when I see it. There is a reason why the "space sim/shooter" has been considered dead for a decade. Maybe its time for a decent revival, but the scope promised on the budget gained I just don't buy. If its ever released, if its good, I will buy it, if its not then its no skin off my nose. Though I will say that the "rumors" floating around of a real remake of X-Wing vs Tie Fighter to coincide with the Rogue Squadron movie has my interest piqued.

Better than "X-Wing vs Tie Fighter" was "X-Wing Alliance" - that game was excellent.

EssArrBee - maybe a week ago or so you wrote a message on here about trying out LOOT and seeing how it ordered mods, and then you posted some post-run changes that needed to be made to move the plugins into the best order.  Are these changes going to be implemented into LOOT soon?  Are there any other changes that should be made - you mentioned how there were some others that you forgot to write down or something?

Good to see all the recent work being put in the F&L guide - great job, EssArrBee.  Thank you.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

While this further increases the ot, I really detest these sorts of opinions when backed by such ignorant reasoning. Did you by chance forget the rise of popular gaming in the first place? Ie Pinball and Arcade? Similarly, the "move away" is because generally speaking, adding more people makes things more fun because we are social animals. I can go much more in depth if you want. You want to dislike mmo's, fine, but don't try to blame them when history doesn't support you. Especially when the underlying cause is Us as general gamers anyway.

That Being said, I don't like Star Citizen because I will believe it when I see it. There is a reason why the "space sim/shooter" has been considered dead for a decade. Maybe its time for a decent revival, but the scope promised on the budget gained I just don't buy. If its ever released, if its good, I will buy it, if its not then its no skin off my nose. Though I will say that the "rumors" floating around of a real remake of X-Wing vs Tie Fighter to coincide with the Rogue Squadron movie has my interest piqued.

More people = more fun. Now there is a statement that history doesn't support. Gaming or otherwise. Multiplayer is fun, but it hits point of diminishing returns and adding another person doesn't increase the fun at all. Some of the best experiences of gaming with other people are done on the couch playing through a great single player story. And of course I remember arcades, they were fun not because of the being massively mutliplayer, but because they were 1v1, like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. (Oh man those were the days, the arcade was next to a walmart so I would go rip out the pages of magazines for all the moves then go kick everyones ass and eat pizza) I also remember the 100+ person matches I used to play of Unreal and Quake Arena on private servers. Yeah, I was in a clan, so what. The thing is that those matches weren't fun at all, I had much more fun doing the 8v8 or 4v4 matches in tiny maps playing CS or Pain Killer. 

Better than "X-Wing vs Tie Fighter" was "X-Wing Alliance" - that game was excellent.

EssArrBee - maybe a week ago or so you wrote a message on here about trying out LOOT and seeing how it ordered mods, and then you posted some post-run changes that needed to be made to move the plugins into the best order.  Are these changes going to be implemented into LOOT soon?  Are there any other changes that should be made - you mentioned how there were some others that you forgot to write down or something?

Good to see all the recent work being put in the F&L guide - great job, EssArrBee.  Thank you.

Thanks for using it. Not really sure how I got near 15K page views this quickly, but I guess that only means I shouldn't have waited so long to actually do the damn thing... :facepalm:

Well, I'm waiting for WilliamImm's support ticket to move all the BOSS masterlist changes he made to find their way to the LOOT masterlist. Then I can get the Bashed Patch to work correctly again and make changes accordingly. Wrinklyninja is aware of the changes that need to be made, but I guess they want to work out a couple bugs with LOOT first. Most of the other changes were re-adding bash tags that BOSS would add that LOOT doesn't, so you could run BOSS and keep that page open in your browser, then sort with LOOT, then open WB and add the back tags to mods manually before rebuilding your patch. I don't recommend this for regular users because it is tedious and time consuming. I did it because I have to test like a maniac for pleasure of everyone else. ::P:

I just pretty much played through Afterschool Special. I like it, I like the house, I like the voice acting, I like the time you have to put in for it. I'm not saying that I'm going to skip out on Mr. Hancho's other mod, but Afterschool Special adds a house to the other side of the map. RIght now I have two added to Novac, both quite nice and now two added to Goodsprings, one is good the other is meh (GS Shack, which I might remove to save an esp slot). I keep finding more little parts of Right to Bear Arms as I play, which makes me wish I had added it earlier, but time is always fleeting. Not sure what to test next, so I'll just read back over the last 10 pages of this thread. Gotta do an INI section too before I forget... :wallbash: