Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Not really sure but from the terms you list in the post: 

The Element 'plugin' has incomplete content. List of possible elements expected: 'typeDescriptor'

it looks to me like NMM might be baulking at the script. Is it possible to manually install it?

Thats what I thought too. I was thinking about manual installation but want to avoid if possible since its a rather large pack full of files. I figured there'd at least be a few people around here who've dealt with it by now.

Thats what I thought too. I was thinking about manual installation but want to avoid if possible since its a rather large pack full of files. I figured there'd at least be a few people around here who've dealt with it by now.

Why are you messing with a stable installation of 130 mods if you are in the middle of a playthrough?

Why are you messing with a stable installation of 130 mods if you are in the middle of a playthrough?

Because installing/uninstalling mods properly has very little/no ill effects when done correctly? Because I wanted to test this mod to see how I like it to include it in future playthroughs?

I don't mean to sound rude but does the reason matter? I'm asking for help with a specific question and while I appreciate the input on the merits of using another mod manager, it doesn't answer the question. Perhaps I am wrong but I think it would be much easier to test one mod under my current installation to see how I like it rather than reinstalling everything with a new manager.

I've cycled through a couple of mods throughout my playthrough so far because I've done it properly, but I believe (and I could be mistaken here) that reinstalling everything with a fresh manager that I am not familiar with has a much higher chance of screwing something up.

Again, I'm not trying to be rude, silly to do so when asking someone for help and I greatly appreciate the work that the members of the STEP projects do; I'm just wondering if anyone knows why I am having this error while attempting to install the mod via NMM, or if it is simply not compatiable. If that is the case, I'll happily save it until I feel comfortable swapping over to MO.

Edited by Zeigeist

Because installing/uninstalling mods properly has very little/no ill effects when done correctly? Because I wanted to test this mod to see how I like it to include it in future playthroughs?

I don't mean to sound rude but does the reason matter? I'm asking for help with a specific question and while I appreciate the input on the merits of using another mod manager, it doesn't answer the question. Perhaps I am wrong but I think it would be much easier to test one mod under my current installation to see how I like it rather than reinstalling everything with a new manager.

I've cycled through a couple of mods throughout my playthrough so far because I've done it properly, but I believe (and I could be mistaken here) that reinstalling everything with a fresh manager that I am not familiar with has a much higher chance of screwing something up.

Again, I'm not trying to be rude, silly to do so when asking someone for help and I greatly appreciate the work that the members of the STEP projects do; I'm just wondering if anyone knows why I am having this error while attempting to install the mod via NMM, or if it is simply not compatiable. If that is the case, I'll happily save it until I feel comfortable swapping over to MO.

Extract the archive, delete fomod folder, 06, 08, and 10. Then you have to copy the contents of the remaining numbered folders into the 00 folder. For 01 only get the ADAM Complete plugins (there are two). Make sure you copy over 07 last. Then go into the 00 folder and pack everything in it to an archive, .7z, .zip, .rar... Then install that with NMM and it will skip the installer and install just the complete ADAM package with the PN patch.

I don't have or use NMM and wouldn't know how the fix the installer anyways, so I don't know any other way to install it with NMM.

Extract the archive, delete fomod folder, 06, 08, and 10. Then you have to copy the contents of the remaining numbered folders into the 00 folder. For 01 only get the ADAM Complete plugins (there are two). Make sure you copy over 07 last. Then go into the 00 folder and pack everything in it to an archive, .7z, .zip, .rar... Then install that with NMM and it will skip the installer and install just the complete ADAM package with the PN patch.

I don't have or use NMM and wouldn't know how the fix the installer anyways, so I don't know any other way to install it with NMM.

Thank you, apologies for the trouble.

I have been using a very old copy of Fallout 3 without any DLC and therefore I couldn't use your guide.

Just the other day I managed to get the GOTY retail version for a few dollars on eBay. I am therefore in the process of installing these mods following your guide.

Just a question on the NVAC plugin. Is there a reason, other than personal choice, as to why the grass ini settings couldn't be applied as a tweak when installing that mod, instead of a general ini edit? I only ask since there is that proviso under NVAC that this setting won't work without NVAC.

I'm eagerly looking forward to using this setup. I have already played Fallout 3 many times in the past, obviously without the DLC, and the way you have it setup looks extremely appealing.

Also you make detailed instructions for the Fallout Stutter Remover's Heap replacement but leave the setting in Master as 0.

Do you not view that aspect of FSR as beneficial?

Edited by GrantSP

I have been using a very old copy of Fallout 3 without any DLC and therefore I couldn't use your guide.

Just the other day I managed to get the GOTY retail version for a few dollars on eBay. I am therefore in the process of installing these mods following your guide.

Just a question on the NVAC plugin. Is there a reason, other than personal choice, as to why the grass ini settings couldn't be applied as a tweak when installing that mod, instead of a general ini edit? I only ask since there is that proviso under NVAC that this setting won't work without NVAC.

I'm eagerly looking forward to using this setup. I have already played Fallout 3 many times in the past, obviously without the DLC, and the way you have it setup looks extremely appealing.

The problem doesn't exist in FO3 like it does in FNV. The grass renders fine and you can use the INI setting to make it further or shorter away from the player. It is limited by the ugrids settings in FO3. For FNV, NVAC ties it to the ugrids settings instead of the 3x3 cells that exists in the game. The funny thing is that the calculations are still being by the engine, so you aren't getting better performance by having the grass render less distance with FNV.

I did confirm the Lucky revolver had a texture issue. I may need to play around with the files. I don't know why, but the world model had the correct handle texture with the 357 texture for everything else. The equipped texture had the correct textures, but they were wrapped around the model in a spiral. It was really weird.

I waited awhile to play with Afterschool Special and ran into some problems with it (specifically the water buckets weren't showing up, none of the dialouge was voice [though present], and the edgecomb repiar sign was replaced by a red exclamation point sign buried halfway into the ground).

I referred to the guide instructions, noticed that it recommended extracting the bsa. I reinstalled the mod entirely (safely as well) and this time did not extract it, and everything worked fine. Maybe it's just me or something I did wrong when I first used the guide, but just something to think about.

Hey all!

First, love FNV. Played it originally on PS3 and wanted to mod the crap out of it, so I bought it on Steam very inexpensively. Then, I got very lucky and found SRB's guide. I've gone through the guide twice. The first time I was terrible and rushed through it. Then, I did a clean wipe (I even downloaded and installed the game again, probably overkill, and put it on another harddrive). This second time, I have the game running very well and it seems like all my mods take. Couple things though, after going through the guide I am crushing the 135 plugin limit at 151 right now. I haven't installed anything on my own, so just wondering if I missed a step or anything. I have everything checked for plugins, in the left pane there are several that are unchecked per SRB's instuctions. 

The other thing that led me to looking into the plugin limit is that most interiors have that annoying red box, giant exclamation point and in some interiors the floors and walls drops out to just black and I get some funky texture stuff on the walls (guys face on the walls, etc.). I believe that means that there is something wrong with the meshes? I reinstalled NV Interiors Project as I believe that is the only mod that re-textures the interior of buildings, but I could be very wrong. I've looked up a ton of info on this and nearly went through each page in this post, but I haven't found much.

Thanks for your help and incredible work SRB. I've been reading through guide every day for over two weeks!

Hey all!

First, love FNV. Played it originally on PS3 and wanted to mod the crap out of it, so I bought it on Steam very inexpensively. Then, I got very lucky and found SRB's guide. I've gone through the guide twice. The first time I was terrible and rushed through it. Then, I did a clean wipe (I even downloaded and installed the game again, probably overkill, and put it on another harddrive). This second time, I have the game running very well and it seems like all my mods take. Couple things though, after going through the guide I am crushing the 135 plugin limit at 151 right now. I haven't installed anything on my own, so just wondering if I missed a step or anything. I have everything checked for plugins, in the left pane there are several that are unchecked per SRB's instuctions. 

The other thing that led me to looking into the plugin limit is that most interiors have that annoying red box, giant exclamation point and in some interiors the floors and walls drops out to just black and I get some funky texture stuff on the walls (guys face on the walls, etc.). I believe that means that there is something wrong with the meshes? I reinstalled NV Interiors Project as I believe that is the only mod that re-textures the interior of buildings, but I could be very wrong. I've looked up a ton of info on this and nearly went through each page in this post, but I haven't found much.

Thanks for your help and incredible work SRB. I've been reading through guide every day for over two weeks!

Did you mearge the instructed ESPs?  Following the guide 100% should put you well below where you are right now.

Did you mearge the instructed ESPs?  Following the guide 100% should put you well below where you are right now.

Wow, you guys are quick. I'll read through the guide and make sure. While I was doing it I was so sure, but I'll read through. Some other things, looks like there are a lot of conflicting textures. Especially indoors, but outside as well. I turned on the game just now and Doc Mitchell is having that mesh error as well. Archive Invalidation is on per SRBs instructions so I'm sure it's not that. I'm also unable to open anything (open crates, open foot locker, etc.). When I press ESC, no box comes up earlier. Sounds like a lot of separate issues. Anything direction you all can point to where I can reinstall a certain mod or mods? I'll go through the guide now and determine if I missed merging any ESPs.