Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Complete is a weird word to use. As soon I finish one thing I tend to want and redo something else.

I'm to busy to work anything right now though so just install the guide and have fun. Probably won't be able to work on it till after new year starts. I know that is a while away, but I'm in the middle a big physics conundrum at work and these things take time to sort out.

I think the game relies more on GPU power than on CPU power. Though I will tell you this after years of playing this game on PC. Most likely any performance issues you are having with the game are not caused by your hardware. The game just isn't as optimized as it could be. Unless you are running all the high resolution texture packs at max then I doubt you are running out of VRAM. Your CPU is obviously more than enough for the game and your GPU is fine. I am running a stock 4670 and a GTX 760 and I can maintain about 60 FPS throughout the entire game with little to no drops in performance. 

What I do is turn off the ingame Vsync and force the Adaptive Vsync along with tripple buffering through the control panel. This usually takes care of MOST of my performance issues with the game. 

Audley, thanks for the Vsync tip, as I was still experiencing some mild stuttering. Doing what you suggested, the game runs like silk now. :)

So does this mean that FOMM can simply be deleted (no deactivating or anything in FOMM - just delete FOMM altogether from the HD) and the game will continue to work properly (if it did prior to deleting FOMM)?  And then when HUD mods get modified in the future, as long as the FOMM script plugin is installed into MO, then the modifications should work smoothly?  Or, are a bunch of the HUD mods (all the ones previously installed through FOMM) going to have to be reinstalled using the MO FOMM script plugin if modifications are made to the HUD installation?

Sorry for all the questions - just trying to clarify things before diving in to it.  Usually your guide describes how to do things from a clean installation - not how to modify a previous installation - that's why I'm trying to get more info about this in this message thread.

Re: Someguy

The Inheritance is excellent story that is well acted.

Russell is an â€‹interesting follower. As for the story, it is well done but I had some problems near the end of the mod. The problem I had is documented in the forum for Russell.

In expect every someguy mod to be compatible with the guide. They haven't been added because I don't add anything I haven't tested personally. His work is top notch though, so it should be good to go.

Thank you for the response. In terms of install order, right after the two Bounty mods good you think?