Requiem Pack (WIP)

I've not looked hard at it, but I'd hazard an educated guess that it's built on older versions of mods it patches, and thus doesn't really work as well as it should. Thus why it's looking for mods you either don't have installed or have no esp's left in, like the Open Face Helmets mod.

What do you use now? Presumably nothing. I don't use any patch like that on my set up and have yet to find issues.

I've got all of STEP + Extended + All of the Requiem Pack stuff I was told to add + Survival Pack + Immersive weapons, ELFX lighting, Interesting NPCs, Inigo, Fantasy Music Overhaul, OBIS... nothing major. I'd like to add Skytest as well but I'm assuming there's an issue with that.

Edited by Interinactive

As far as my experience goes, there is no issue with SkyTEST as long as you install a compatibility patch (both Requiem and SkyTEST affect creatures behaviors).

It is up to yourself to choose between Requiem behavior or SkyTEST one to "win", with the appropriate compatibility patch on this page (It's based on Requiem 1.8 though not sure if anything has changed from 1.7.3).

Edited by Fereval

I'm at work so I haven't been able to test it yet. Here's the plan though for this afternoon, maybe someone here can preempt something I might do wrong before I do it:

1. Merge the Requiem patches
  2. LOOT sort my mods (I've made the necessary manual load order mods from the STEP guide as well)
  3. Sort the Requiem ones manually (after all of the other mods, and according to the Requiem pack)
  4. Make a bashed patch for the STEP mods
  5. Pray to at least 7 different gods for success

Actually.. I'm not really sure at which point I need to make a bashed patch. I'm pretty sure that's correct.

Also, for Closed Face Helmets, can I just use the Vanilla/DG/DB mods separately instead of the one that combines them? Just so that I don't have errors coming up for the associated Requiem patch.

Edited by Interinactive

I'd probably do the Bashed Patch for the STEP install first. Don't include any Requiem mods in the Bashed Patch when you do, I believe is how it's done. 

The LOOT the lot. If you want to get fancy you could play with the mod priorities to make sure Requiem files are loading late, but if you're happy just dragging and dropping them down the bottom that works too.

Then the merge for the Requiem stuff and I think that's good to go.

For Skytest, here's what I'd install based on the instructions (selected in blue):

skytest.jpg

Can anyone make any sense of what I should actually use here?

Instructions can be interpreted in so many ways at times. I don't see why they don't say something like:

1. Install one of these main mods: Mod1, mod2, mod3 etc
  2. Install one of these patches to match the main mod: Patch1, patch2, patch3 etc

And do I need the 70MB BSA or can I just use these? Again, the instructions...

Edited by Interinactive

These instructions seem crazy to me. For example; the survival pack was recommended with STEP and Requiem, and the survival pack includes Hunterborn.

Azirok doesn't have Hunterborn in his load order. The survival pack page doesn't have a load order at all. The Requiem pack page doesn't mention it either.

At this point, how can I find out where it goes? LOOT/BOSS seems to put Requiem files all over the place so I can't trust that.

Edited by Interinactive