Requiem Pack (WIP)

Well I'm done. Here's what I recall doing:

1. Installed STEP extended
  2. Made custom load order rules in LOOT (as per STEP guide)
  3. Installed Survival Pack
  4. Installed Requiem Pack
  5. Installed some of my own mods using Aziroks patches
  6. Sorted with LOOT
  7. Manually sorted Requiem mods (based on what I could find)
  8. Created Bashed patch (deselected all things related to Requiem, merged nothing)
  9. Ran the Dual Sheath Skyproccer
  10. Loaded a save game out of Helgen

The game didn't crash. Woohoo. But I bet I have *some* issues. Here is my load order:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34687130/stuff/skyrimorder.jpg

I know I've been a pest with my questions, but this is my first time modding something so large. I've put in well over 20 hours trying to get it right so I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could let me know what's wrong with that load order before I continue.

Thanks

Jaysus swords isn't covered in the guide. Is there more on that elsewhere?

I just fixed Closefaced helmets.

The game itself is okay so far, the only issue I can see is that my lanterns are all purple. I'm trying to figure out why by disabling certain mods..

Edited by Interinactive

"These instructions seem crazy to me. For example; the survival pack was recommended with STEP and Requiem, and the survival pack includes Hunterborn.

Azirok doesn't have Hunterborn in his load order. The survival pack page doesn't have a load order at all. The Requiem pack page doesn't mention it either.

At this point, how can I find out where it goes? LOOT/BOSS seems to put Requiem files all over the place so I can't trust that."

Tsk! Use LOOT to sort STEP and Survival pack. Hunterborn should load after Requiem.esp then the patch - simple no? If using 1.8 then a patch is not really needed as the reproccer handles it.

There are instructions for both LOOT and BOSS on the Requiem pack page. Survival pack also has instructions for load order. I can not put instructions for every conceivable mod combination out there you will need to do some work yourself.

@Nozzer66 - I wish I had the time to do a full update but the patches for all of SR:LE are not there yet, as soon as compatibility for SIC is sorted I will be more keen to update. I will need to test everything first and just do not have time to get STEP reloaded on my system and test it all. If anyone wants to run tests against STEP and let me know the results then I will give you credit on the pack page and add in your results / findings whilst updating the page.

For now all works as is - the Requificator will soon make many patches obsolete - looking forward to that.

::):

Edited by Smile44

Tsk! Use LOOT to sort STEP and Survival pack. Hunterborn should load after Requiem.esp then the patch - simple no? If using 1.8 then a patch is not really needed as the reproccer handles it.

There are instructions for both LOOT and BOSS on the Requiem pack page. Survival pack also has instructions for load order. I can not put instructions for every conceivable mod combination out there you will need to do some work yourself.

That's what I did do, and I'm *pretty* sure the load order is now correct. But coming from ~20hrs of following an exact guide down to the letter, to 'do work yourself' is very daunting. I'm still not 100% if the order is correct, because as you said, there's not an order for every conceivable mod to compare it to.

Before I begin an epic ~400hr adventure, it'd be great if someone could go over the load order in my pic. I'll donate some money to your favorite charity, to this site, gift a game, anything really. I intend for this to be my last run through of Skyrim and I really don't want to have issues further down the line.

If your lanterns are all purple, check the lanterns option in SMIM. This may just mean running the SMIM installer again and checking it that time. I know STEP doesn't suggest Lanterns in the SMIM install, but that's how I fixed that issue last time.

With CCOR, It can look after Jswords for you if you want it to. If I recall correctly you may just need to run the Installer again and select that option when it's available. Then CCOR will provide it's own Jswords.esp and you can move the Jaysus Swords provided ESP to the optional section.  Then look in CCOR's Mod config Menu and you should see some Jswords options.

@Smile44. Yeah I hear ya. I'm currently kicking butt and taking names with my Permaed Orc double hand using warrior. She's scything through people like butter. :) 

When Requiem 1.8's good to go will fire that up too.

With CCOR, It can look after Jswords for you if you want it to. If I recall correctly you may just need to run the Installer again and select that option when it's available.

There doesn't seem to be a menu for the installer and I can't see any additional ESM/BSA files apart from the main one for CCOR. I did remove the main plugin and create the new textures/meshes from the original BSA, but I can't see anything in CCOR that ads the esm file instead.

Edited by Interinactive

Re-installing SMIM with 'lanterns' checked fixed the lantern issue   ::D: Why do they tell you not to select it in the guide?

One issue I have with MO; why's it tell me mods are out of order when they're not? eg: Put the Paarthurnax after CCOR, when it already is after CCOR? When I hit 'fix', it does nothing, and the error goes away.

Edited by Interinactive

Without fully studying your load order it does on the surface look quite splendid almost sexy but you do have some weird and unusual plugins like Jswords load screens.esp WHY, WHY is this important????

Please ignore MO's mod order advice it is cool but not accurately useful YET!

::):

Doh. That was disabled, but since I went back and redid Jaysus with the patch and CCOR, it enabled again.

I've been playing for an hour and a half without a crash so far. One thing I have noticed though is that wildlife seems to have double the loot it should. I remember this issue from last year but I can't recall the fix :/

I hated the 'but perks in 1.8 must be cool' feeling and decided to start again. 30hrs out the window... but oh well.

I must say, I'm a hell of a lot faster than I was before and I'm finding that a lot of this is easier. I actually like it better this way as well. While having every mod under the sun was nice, picking and choosing others that weren't on the list, and disabling around 180 of them (yep, 180) gives me a lot less to worry about