A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

CJ2311, on 08 Jun 2014 - 11:41 PM, said:CJ2311, on 08 Jun 2014 - 11:41 PM, said:CJ2311, on 08 Jun 2014 - 11:41 PM, said:

Well, ETaC doesn't affect riverwood models at all, so that's not the culprit.

It doesn't make sense lol!

BTW, for the record,  I did not extract the BSA for ETaC except in a test folder to locate the actual files.

I don't show any conflict with Rustic Windows that isn't overridden with priority placement.

Posted Image

I suspect a custom mesh is having its way with my textures...

Edited by Kuldebar

Does REGS compatble with Breezehome FullyUpgradable by Sku11M0nkey? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11158/?Thanks

Yes, it's fully compatible, but you should place the Breezehome mod before REGS - Cities.esp in your load order, otherwise followers won't be able to enter the whiterun sewers.

I suspect a custom mesh is having its way with my textures...

Maybe, but then you wouldn't have problems with the vanilla meshes options from ETaC for Falkreath, Dawnstar, and Winterhold (which is what you reported on ETaC's page)All I can tell you is that the custom meshes used by ETaC will load ALL the textures from "Texturesmjb_townsarchitecture" if you choose the new textures option, and from the vanilla texture path if you choose the vanilla textures option. So if you're not getting the rustic windows textures in those cities, then something might have gone wrong with the rustic windows/farmhouses install.Otherwise, if you're only encountering this issue on other towns, I'd recommend opening the farmhouse0*.nif files from whatever mods you might have and checking the texture paths with NifSkope. Edited by CJ2311
  • +1 2

CJ, looks like MO's Skyrim-invalidation.bsa was "stuck"

The problem cleared after I unchecked the archive, it rechecks itself automatically. I just loaded up my full mod order and Rustic Textures back in full force.

PS. Thanks for entertaining my moment of slight panic. :)

Edited by Kuldebar

Yes, it's fully compatible, but you should place the Breezehome mod before REGS - Cities.esp in your load order, otherwise followers won't be able to enter the whiterun sewers.

I'm glad you mentioned this, because I also added Breezehome Fully Upgradable to my load out, and haven't tried to go in the sewers with a follower (just on my own so far - skeeverlicious!)

EDIT: I note with my load out, at least, that LOOT places Breezehome_Fully_Upgradable.esp after REGS - Cities.esp, but BOSS places them the other way around.

Now who's smarter - LOOT or CJ???

Edited by keithinhanoi

I hope I'm at least smarter than an algorithm. ::P:

No but seriously though, loading REGS first will overwrite the navmesh connections between whiterun and the sewers, whereas loading the breezehome mod first will not even break the balcony that the mod adds, seeing as how it's part of a mod-added navmesh, which won't get overwritten.

• +1 2

I just went through and updated my REGS from 3.3.4 to 3.4.2. When I ran BUM, there are 4 files of which there is no guidance for the proper load order, for them I assumed the following, please let me know whether my assumptions are correct or incorrect.

Inconsequential NPCs - CRF Compatibility Patch.esp AFTER Cutting Room Floor.esp

ETaC - Complete Taverns Patch.esp AFTER Inns and Taverns.esp

ETaC - Complete BFT Patch.esp AFTER BFT Ships and Carriages.esp

ETaC - Complete 3DNPCs Patch.esp AFTER 3DNPC.esm

Also, some of the BUM guidance is under the special instructions vs. the Boss User List Sorting section. Would you help out the lazy and the idiots (like me) and consolidate it in a the single BUM Sorting section location?

Thanks in advance, and again, this is a really great pack.

The BUM sorting list at the end of the guide only pertains to the .ESP files that come with the REGS Patches. The BUM rules that are listed under a specific mod are related to an author's original ESP(s). 

As for those patches, as a general rule they should come after the last ESP affected by the patch. You can find this out by going into the right pane of BUM and trying to find the ordering category/rule in which the ESPs belong. The one that is lowest in the list should be the name you use for the AFTER rule. 

Only CJ can give you definitive answer though. But this is how I have set those ESPs up.

Inconsequential NPCs - CRF Compatibility Patch.esp AFTER Cutting Room Floor.esp

AFTER Inconsequential NPCs.esp

ETaC - Complete Taverns Patch.esp AFTER Inns and Taverns.esp

AFTER ETaC - Complete.esp

ETaC - Complete BFT Patch.esp AFTER BFT Ships and Carriages.esp

I don't use this mod so you have to check where it is set in the BUM sorting rules. 

ETaC - Complete 3DNPCs Patch.esp AFTER 3DNPC.esm

AFTER 3DNPC.esp (not esm)

As for those patches, as a general rule they should come after the last ESP affected by the patch. You can find this out by going into the right pane of BUM and trying to find the ordering category/rule in which the ESPs belong. The one that is lowest in the list should be the name you use for the AFTER rule. 

Thank you Nearox, I'll apply that methodology unless CJ overrules you. I appreciate the education, the more I mod, the more I want to learn. But it seems learning only comes from modding experience, and forums like this. (no book or single source to learn about how and why). If there is a good resource outside of STEP wiki, please let me know.

@Kuldebar  Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea IP would add anything to the inns.  Oh well, it will take 10 seconds to merge the rest instead of using the merged patch has posted and it gives me a chance to lose the bandits module also.  I've never purchased anything from any of the traveling merchants and between obis, asis, the people of skyrim bandits and random encounters I have more bandits than I know what to do with anyway.

Not sure if this guy is paying attention to this thread anymore, but I'm wondering if anyone else has used ASIS with this? I'm using STEP Core (with a lot of mods from Realvision ENB install guide integrated in), along with the Real Explorer's Guide and a number of other more minor mods stacked on top (player houses, armor, spell mods, deadly dragons, etc.)

I'd really like for NPCs to be able to use some of the spells from the mods I've installed, but I don't want to blow up my game. These improved ASIS inis look promising, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried ASIS and maybe the improved inis on top of STEP Core and REG? Out of the personal preference mods I've installed, I'm specifically worried about it conflicting with Mighty Magick.

As a bit of a segue, also wondering if anyone else has used Mighty Magick with ASIS, and if they could tell me how much the perk and spell changes extend to NPCs? My gut feeling is that I don't need to use the ASIS auto-perk feature as Mighty Magick is basically just altering perks that NPCs already have. Also thinking I don't need to put it in the spell inclusions as it mostly modifies spells npcs already have, and I don't want them to be randomly using player-centric non-combat spells just because they slipped through the filter somewhere (e.g., storage spells, mark and recall spells, etc.).

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Edited by zombiecurse

I haven't tried ASIS in a very long time. Mainly because SIC (RotE version) + HLE SIC Edition + RotE + OBIS work beatifully together nowadays (with some minor tes5edit patching). In particular, HLE SIC Edition already adds many spells to enemy mobs. You just need to adjust the loadorder so that the esp from HLE SIC Edition (and any masters) is loaded before OBIS

Also check out the New Gameplay Overhaul pack, it has good instructions on how to add mods like these.

Edited by Nearox

I haven't tried ASIS in a very long time. Mainly because SIC (RotE version) + HLE SIC Edition + RotE + OBIS work beatifully together nowadays (with some minor tes5edit patching). In particular, HLE SIC Edition already adds many spells to enemy mobs. You just need to adjust the loadorder so that the esp from HLE SIC Edition (and any masters) is loaded before OBIS

Also check out the New Gameplay Overhaul pack, it has good instructions on how to add mods like these.

Hm, all four of those look pretty decent. I took a look at the Overhaul pack page, but didn't see any specific info on using TES5Edit to patch them. Is there anything specific you need to do? Also, I tracked down:

OBIS

HLE SIC Edition

Revenge of the Enemies

But I couldn't find anything for Skyrim Immersive Creatures - Revenge of the Enemies version. Is this an option that you just pick when you install it?