A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Ah, I may have misread his post. I've just ddsopted my vanilla textures and am considering repacking them into new BSA files. Because I was thinking about it, I thought that was the case noobzor was discussing. Re-reading, it seems he's just reverted to standard, as you say.

My mistake. I'll ask elsewhere :)

"That's kind of weird, I don't see why the BDS patch would even cause a crash in this case. Or the REGS Patch - NSutR + RRR.esp for that matter. Are you sure you are using the latest version of that patch? Because it was updated and now only affects the Nightgate Inn. Please reinstall the REGS patches to make sure it's not that. Also, ETaC is getting updated soon, so you might want to test it again when that comes out."

I'm pretty sure I'm using SSME and the SKSE memory tweak. I am also using the current REGS patches and I had tried reinstalling them. I'll re-download them and try again. Thanks for helping. I'll update later as to whether or not it worked.

Edited by laighean13

That's what Tannin has been saying.

You really really really really really should let people know this.

I'm gonna guess that since noobzor's got a slow internet connection, he probably keeps backups of all his mod install .zip/.7z/.rar archives, and just re-installed​ everything. That's likely the safest method.

I did just reinstall everything that was originally in bsa that I had unpacked.  I had to re-download several things, but it wasn't too bad...I had most of it.

I do have quite a few loose textures that I had optimized via DDSOpt, and I just left those loose.

Edited by noobzor

It had been included but it was dropped for reasons very much discussed but low performance was the foremost reason.

Thanks for the reply. Also, I plan to use every mod from only 6.1 World Improvemnts with the exception of lanterns of skyrim. Nothing else. Will it be script intensive?

Thanks for the reply. Also, I plan to use every mod from only 6.1 World Improvemnts with the exception of lanterns of skyrim. Nothing else. Will it be script intensive?

I'll have to let someone else answer that, I use a blend of REGs.

As for script intensity in general, the REGs stamp of approval generally indicates that the included mods are well behaved/well scripted but we all have different systems so mileage will vary. 

Also, in regards to Dawn of Whiterun, I believe it is still "compatible" with REGs but optional. I'm sure CJ will correct me if I am mistaken.

Maybe at least have it like FAtT II with no link for it?

I am among the STEP users with the worst system specs and I have 0 performance loss using it. One can also markfordelete a few chickens/goats and one cow if having FPS loss.. especially if you're using AV, which it seems, I'm the only one at STEP that does.  :turned:

I had SSME installed, but it wasn't running. I did some poking around and it would appear that is because I'm running the skse 1.7.0 alpha. I was also running running Safety Load, which was apparently unnecessary. I removed the SSME ini and dll from my Skyrim directory. Then I disabled Safety Load. I re-downloaded the REGS patches and installed them (I removed the originals first). Now I seem to have borked my whole installation. None of my saves will get past the loading screen with or without the 4 NSUtR patches. I tried starting a new game as an owner of Breezehome and I get a CTD when I try to leave the house. I deleted my vanilla skyrim install (removed local content through Steam) and am re-downloading the game. Beyond that, I'm at a total loss what to do. I'm dreading losing all of my saves. I have run through it so many times getting my install to work, I never want to see Bleak Falls Barrow again. That was about 30 levels ago. Any suggestions would be super duper rad.

I removed the SSME ini and dll from my Skyrim directory.

Not the best thread to discuss this...but:

OK, so you are running Skyrim without Sheson's fix and getting CTD's? You have the SKSE alpha but I didn't see anything where you configured it...

I think you should either configure the SKSE or go back to SSME, properly installed.

@laighean: Are you using ModOrganizer? You don't ever need to delete your Steam install if you are. If you aren't and you haven't actually followed the STEP guide or plan to, I can suggest you a couple of things:

1. Install ModOrganizer.

2. Follow the tutorials that come with it and read the guide.

3. Install the SKSE scipts through MO.

4. Re-install all the mods you currently use which use an esp, forget about textures and meshes for now.

5. Use BOSS/LOOT to sort out your load order.

6. Check the  :!: button on the top right corner for potential conflitcs.

It had been included but it was dropped for reasons very much discussed but low performance was the foremost reason.

I never had any issues with DoW performance wise and that is running SRLE+REGS+ENB on a HD6950 (midrange card of 3 years ago). The FPS loss is about 2-3 which is very acceptable imo.

Nearox, on 30 May 2014 - 02:26 AM, said:

I never had any issues with DoW performance wise and that is running SRLE+REGS+ENB on a HD6950 (midrange card of 3 years ago). The FPS loss is about 2-3 which is very acceptable imo.

I think it was about losing 10 frames for me. In Whiterun I usually get 30-34 FPS, with DoW it was 20-24.

But for me it wasn't the FPS as much as the clutter mess from stuff getting knocked about by NPC's. That one exit from the Bannered Mare was especially bad from the tables laden with food but even that wasn't as bad as all the crab legs and ale and mead bottles in the vendor stalls.

I just use Dawn of Windhelm now, I cut Riften too.

Edited by Kuldebar