A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

That's because the REGS version was created a while ago, mainly to ensure compatibility with Touring Carriages (back when I still bothered with that), and another mod which is not part of REGS any longer. D: 

That other mod wouldn't happen to be Dawn of Whiterun, would it?   :^_^:  And, if it is, would you recommend sticking with the REGS BCE version if I use DOW?

That other mod wouldn't happen to be Dawn of Whiterun, would it?   :^_^:  And, if it is, would you recommend sticking with the REGS BCE version if I use DOW?

Nah, the mod was Whiterun Outskirts.BCE doesn't affect the interior of any city. (and DoW doesn't affect the exterior)Also, small update to the patches mostly for Dawn of Riften 1.1 compatibility:

Version 3.4.2REGS - Patches Update:Updated the Dawn of Riften + Interesting NPCs + Cutting Room Floor Patch.Updated the Interesting NPCs + Cutting Room Floor Patch.

So yeah, just use the normal all-in-one version to get the mod as it was intended to look.

So the REGs Version of Better City Entrances was only for Touring Carriage Compatibility? (just need some high maintenance clarification, just woke up)

keithinhanoi, on 31 May 2014 - 7:23 PM, said:

Um, just don't wear it, maybe?

That wouldn't be immersive!

"Oh, look, an Enchanted Ring with 40% Protection against Fire, I better put this in my bag and not wear it, it would be unsportsmanlike against Dragons."  :lol:

I'd suggest just ramp up the Deadly Dragons to Expert+ or Magic Damage 125% ::D:

So the REGs Version of Better City Entrances was only for Touring Carriage Compatibility? (just need some high maintenance clarification, just woke up)

REGS version of Better City Entrances was only for Touring Carriages and Whiterun Outskirts Market. It basically removes the cages at the entrance of Whiterun (because WOM had merchants there) and the cages at the entrance of Windhelm (because Touring Carriages would get stuck on those and freeze the game). So for REGS users (and now SR:LE users as well) there is no point in using that special version any longer.

Also, it would seem I have missed some messages when replying, I'll check back after. D:

• +1 1

I have both STEP and SRLE setup with REGS.I am currently using BOSS, but interested in switching to LOOT.Any LOOT Meta data edit you guys can share concerning mods in REGS?Thanks

Nope, last I checked, LOOT orders everything correctly.

Maybe at least have it like FAtT II with no link for it? I am among the STEP users with the worst system specs and I have 0 performance loss using it. One can also markfordelete a few chickens/goats and one cow if having FPS loss.. especially if you're using AV, which it seems, I'm the only one at STEP that does.  :turned:

The problem with that (I don't know if I said it previously) is that DoW 1.4 changes the Jorrvaskr courtyard, and I've seen some minor conflicts (basically duplicated furniture) with Interesting NPCs as a result. I'm afraid it would however be enough to break something with the "Honor's Calling" quest from 3DNPC.

So, should I use the immersion patch for Moon and Star? It makes sense but having early access to the 40% fire resistance ring helps survive against Deadly Dragons, and more to the point I am running out of ESP slots pretty rapidly.

That is a question of personal choice TBH.

Hey CJ, have you taken a gander (that's a goose, ain't it?) at Bannered Mare Inn Rooms by Nord Kitten for possible REGs inclusion?

It wouldn't be compatible with "Perseids Inns and Taverns - Realistic Room Rental Enhanced" out of the box, it works with the lite version just fine. But the MOD adds a new and realistic layout to the Bannered Mare without making the Inn a Tardis. Here's an awesome review from a Nexus User:

Makes the Bannered Mare into the inn it should have been from the very beginning. You made great use of the existing space and your additions are very thoughtfully integrated. I think my favorite aspect is that you made the player rentable room actually private. I always hated that NPCs would randomly wander through your bedroom to access the balcony area. Your mod fixes that and makes the place into a real inn that traveling NPCs would actually want to visit. I'll definitely endorse when able. Great job!

I read old posts regarding merge patches.

Can we merge all of the following REGS Patch? What is the BUM rule for the merged file?

REGS Patch - RND.esp

REGS Patch - Riften NavFull.esp

REGS Patch - NSutR + RRR.esp

REGS Patch - STEP Extended.esp

REGS Patch -CRF.esp

REGS Patch -3DNC.esp

Same question with ETaC patches

ETaC - Complete 3DNPCs Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete BFT Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete ELFX Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete EWDR Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete Fountains Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete LoS Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete NSutR Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete ORS Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete Taverns Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete WC Holidays Patch.esp

Thanks for a great pack!

Hey CJ, have you taken a gander (that's a goose, ain't it?) at Bannered Mare Inn Rooms by Nord Kitten for possible REGs inclusion?It wouldn't be compatible with "Perseids Inns and Taverns - Realistic Room Rental Enhanced" out of the box, it works with the lite version just fine. But the MOD adds a new and realistic layout to the Bannered Mare without making the Inn a Tardis. Here's an awesome review from a Nexus User:

The problem with that kind of mod is that everyone and their dog uses the bannered mare in their mods, and for some odd reason most modders seem to think it's better to add furniture or directly link their NPCs to existing furniture rather than doing the sensible thing and using markers. And the issue is that the mod you mentioned disables a lot of furniture/items and replaces it with new ones, meaning it could break a lot of packages.That's the reason why ETaC won't change any vanilla cell when it gets to the cities. Edited by CJ2311
  • +1 1

Nope, last I checked, LOOT orders everything correctly.The problem with that (I don't know if I said it previously) is that DoW 1.4 changes the Jorrvaskr courtyard, and I've seen some minor conflicts (basically duplicated furniture) with Interesting NPCs as a result. I'm afraid it would however be enough to break something with the "Honor's Calling" quest from 3DNPC.That is a question of personal choice TBH.

I mentioned the order of Oblivion Gates and More Immersive Dawnguard Gates in part because, at least for me, LOOT ordered these in the wrong order.

CJ2311, on 03 Jun 2014 - 2:05 PM, said:

The problem with that kind of mod is that everyone and their dog uses the bannered mare in their mods, and for some odd reason most modders seem to think it's better to add furniture or directly link their NPCs to existing furniture rather than doing the sensible thing and using markers. And the issue is that the mod you mentioned disables a lot of furniture/items and replaces it with new ones, meaning it could break a lot of packages.That's the reason why ETaC won't change any vanilla cell when it gets to the cities. 

Yes, but the bottom floor is essentially untouched, meaning no furniture added/removed or rearranged. Also, doesn't Realistic Room Rental Enhanced change a bunch of stuff in Inns/Taverns all over the game world? My point is when such changes are done properly they don't have to cause huge compatibility nightmares, as you well know, lol.

Curiously, in my 170ish mod setup, the only mod I have that's even somewhat related to vanilla Inns/Taverns is ETaC and RRR Lite. All my NPC's mods (with the exception of the Immersive Patrols module which I have recently stopped using because of Morthal & Falkreath Inn conflicts) play nicely together and don't modify the cell for the purpose of adding NPC activity.

You can merge all of those patches together. In fact you can merge all of the REGS patches with the ETaC patches without any problem. As for the BUM rules, follow the rule mentioned by mator:

Q: Where should I put the merged file in my load order?A: At the spot where the highest mod you merged was/should be. So if you merge mods atpositions #10, #26, and #100 you want to put the merged ESP at position #10.

No no no no!The rule for merged patches is the opposite for that explanation. Place it at the "lowest" position, so with the example above, at position #100.This is because of the basic rule that all compatibility patches must load after all mods they are providing compatibility for.

This has been mentioned at least once or twice in the comments thread, with Matortheeternal's confirmation (not to mention it's simple logic!)

Yes, you are understanding that correctly. That's because the REGS version was created a while ago, mainly to ensure compatibility with Touring Carriages (back when I still bothered with that), and another mod which is not part of REGS any longer. D:So yeah, just use the normal all-in-one version to get the mod as it was intended to look.

Thanks.  I had the same question and uncertainty.

Hey CJ, have you taken a gander (that's a goose, ain't it?) at Bannered Mare Inn Rooms by Nord Kitten for possible REGs inclusion?

It wouldn't be compatible with "Perseids Inns and Taverns - Realistic Room Rental Enhanced" out of the box, it works with the lite version just fine. But the MOD adds a new and realistic layout to the Bannered Mare without making the Inn a Tardis. Here's an awesome review from a Nexus User:

That is a nice looking mod. I am curious though if you have tried Perseids full version? Because if you are looking for a more immersive extra room feel Perseid already does that plus a number of nice touches across a lot of inns in Skyrim. I've never had any conflict with other mods. The only downside is that I haven't been able to experience the ETaC inns.