A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Hello,

it's my first time using such a pack, and also one of those city overhaul mods.

If I used the pack as it is, including installing ETaC 9.1 and using your old edited esp file, will I be able to update to the newest custom file by you, CJ, once you finished that? Or would I need to start a new game then?

Also, when would you think you will release a new version of REGS with the new ETaC version?

Thanks in advance. :)

You'll be able to update without problem once I'm done merging winterhold and updating the patches.No ETA as of now since I want to make sure 9.2 isn't around the corner :P

Thanks for the information.

The only sure way to know 9.2 will be around the corner is to make your merge of 9.1. :)

You'll be able to update without problem once I'm done merging winterhold and updating the patches.No ETA as of now since I want to make sure 9.2 isn't around the corner :P

Indeed thank you. :) One more question if you don't mind: The instructions to not install Dragon Bridge South from ETaC, do those only apply when installing all other parts of the pack, namely the fourth part of the new Thalmor quests? I would only want to install the new locations for now.

Yeah, if you're using Fight against the Thalmor, you can install ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.

And seeing as how there is in fact going to be a v9.2 of ETaC soon, the replacer update will be on hold.

I assume you meant if I'm *not* using Fight against the Thalmor, I can install it? :)

Regarding v9.2 I guess I will install the current one anyways, if it's fine to just update that to the newer version then.

I assume you meant if I'm *not* using Fight against the Thalmor, I can install it? :)

Regarding v9.2 I guess I will install the current one anyways, if it's fine to just update that to the newer version then.

Yes I missed the not.

I'm gonna update the ETaC install process in the guide when Gopher's stream is over.

Remember me? i had crashes in Whiterun a couple of weeks ago and it appeared at the time the problem was I was using Perfect Whiterun on top of REGS. It was suggested that I use Pines of Whiterun instead. At the time, I thought the problem was fixed and started my playthrough. It turned out crashes started occuring again in Whiterun. Since I was using other mods not in REGS or SRLE, I decided to start anew. I created profiles for Step Core+Extended, the Step Core+Extended+REGS, and Step Core+Extended+REGS+COT/Vividian. I started a new playthrough and the crashed reoccured in Whiterun with or without COT. It was so frustrating, I was at my wit's end. Then I saw a mention here that there was a problem with Dawn of Whiterun and CJ had stopped using it in his playthrough. He said there must have been something gone wrong in the latest update of DoW. Seeing that, I reinstalled the previous version of DoW. It fixed a crash that was occuring always at the same spot in my playthrough in Whiterun. I thought that I was good to go but then crashes started occurring again at other spots in Whiterun. In the end, I removed DoW completely and guess what, no more crashes in Whiterun. I could finally progress my playthrough in the city, even after reinstalling Pine of Whiterun prompted by keithinhanoi message posted on 10 april, and a few additional mods that I like although none that add new NPCs (apart from those in REGS). So it appears that all my troubles in Whiterun were caused from day one by Dawn of Whiterun (not only by the latest version but the one before also).I thought I would update you on my tribulations as it might be helpful if anyone has similar problems in Whiterun. It could be a good idea to remove Dawn of Whiterun completely from REGS (unless I'm the only one who encountered these problems, of course). 

Here's my load order including the additional mods from SRLE and elsewhere I use, if it is of interest to anyone. Cheers.

[spoiler=Load order]Skyrim.esm ActiveUpdate.esm ActiveUnofficial Skyrim Patch.esp ActiveDawnguard.esm ActiveUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp ActiveHearthFires.esm ActiveUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp ActiveDragonborn.esm ActiveUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp ActiveFalskaar.esm ActiveWyrmstooth.esp ActiveApachiiHair.esm ActiveSkyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm ActiveAP Skyrim.esm ActiveClimatesOfTamriel.esm ActiveETaC - RESOURCES.esm ActiveLanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm ActivemannyBlackRock.esm ActivemannyDragonhead.esm ActiveORS_MorthalPain.esm ActiveORS_SolitudeGate.esm ActiveWinterholdDestruction.esm ActiveStandaloneMaster.esm ActiveREGS - Resources.esm ActiveDSAMG - Miraak Music Fixes.esp ActiveRelightingSkyrim.esp ActiveRelighting Skyrim - Update.esp ActiveRelighting Skyrim - HearthFire.esp ActiveWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp ActiveMorning Fogs.esp ActiveRainbows.esp ActiveSplashofRain.esp ActiveExpandedSnowSystems-CoT.esp ActiveADS.esp ActiveAOS.esp ActiveAOS2_DGDB Patch.esp ActiveDragonShoutVoice.esp ActiveIHSS.esp ActiveImproved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp Activerandomthunder.esp Activemintylightningmod.esp ActiveMintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.esp ActiveCutting Room Floor.esp ActiveTradeBarter.esp Active83Willows_101BUGS_V4_LowRes.esp ActiveAMatterOfTime.esp ActiveArs Metallica.esp ActiveArs Metallica - Dawnguard.esp ActiveArs Metallica - Hearthfire.esp ActiveArs Metallica - Dragonborn.esp ActiveAuto Unequip Ammo.esp ActiveBetter Skill and Quest Books Names.esp ActiveBirdsHFclean.esp ActiveBirdsofskyrim.esp ActiveBLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions.esp ActiveBring Out Your Dead.esp ActiveChesko_WearableLantern.esp ActiveClamsDropPearls.esp ActiveDead Body Collision.esp ActiveDisease Description + DLC Merged.esp ActiveDual Sheath Redux.esp ActiveDungeonQuestAwareness.esp ActivefFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp ActiveFCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp ActiveHoldBorderBanners.esp ActiveLanterns Of Skyrim - AIO - Dawnguard.esp Activemanny Lantern Caretakers.esp ActiveMore Salt Please + DLC merged.esp ActiveMoss Rocks + DB merged.esp ActiveMVABasic.esp ActiveORM-Arvak.esp ActivePilgrimsDelight.esp ActivePoint The Way.esp ActiveRabbitsPlus.esp ActiveRadiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.esp ActiveShootingStars.esp ActiveskyBirds - Airborne Perching Birds.esp ActiveSkyrim Flora Overhaul.esp ActiveSkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.esp ActiveSMDropLitTorch.esp ActiveSwiftPotion.esp ActiveTraps Make Noise.espWetandCold.esp ActiveWetandCold - Ashes.esp ActiveChesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp ActiveFootprints.esp ActiveFootprints - Ash.esp ActiveNoxUE2.00.esp ActiveRaceMenu.esp ActiveRaceMenuPlugin.esp ActivetowConversation.esp ActiveSA_HFDBPlugin.esp ActiveSkyUI.esp ActiveiHUD.esp ActiveCustomizable Camera.esp ActivetowPov.esp ActiveiNeed.esp ActiveCloaks.esp ActiveCloaks - Dawnguard.esp ActiveElemental Staves.esp ActiveExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp ActiveImproved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.esp ActiveUNPNaughtyRemodel.esp ActiveArrowRecoverySystemOverhaul.esp ActiveAnother Sorting.esp ActiveASM-Soul Gems-Alternative.esp ActiveWeapons and Armor Fixes_Remade_ASM.espLock Overhaul.esp ActiveAdalMatar.esp Activequest_andtherealmsofdaedra.esp ActiveApple garden.esp ActiveBetterDGEntrance.esp ActiveCollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp ActiveCWIDawnDragonPatch.esp ActiveDaggercross_Alley.esp ActiveDragonmournInn.esp ActiveGildergreen Regrown.esp Activetos_granitehall.esp ActiveHebrock_Der Schatten von Meresis - EV.esp Activehigh hrothgar overhaul.esp ActiveImmersive Orc Strongholds.esp ActiveInconsequential NPCs.esp ActiveInns and Taverns.esp ActiveMzarkWonders.esp ActiveDawnofRiften.esp ActiveNightingale Hall.esp Activequest_nomercy.esp ActiveORS_ChaptersLinker.esp ActiveORS_DremoraUpdate.esp Activequest_pitfighter.esp Activequest_pitfighter_dlc01.esp ActiveRun For Your Lives.esp ActiveWhen Vampires Attack.esp Activequest_seaofghosts.esp ActiveSky Haven Temple M&M3.esp ActiveSnowbound Acres.esp ActiveTheDomain.esp ActiveTheFrontier.esp ActiveThe Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp ActiveWhiterun Ferns.esp ActiveWindhelm Lighthouse.esp ActiveSkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.esp Active360WalkandRunPlus-RunBackwardSpeedAdjust.esp ActiveAchieveThat.esp ActiveAppropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp ActiveBetterQuestObjectives.esp ActiveBetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp ActiveBetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.esp ActiveBetterQuestObjectives-BSaQBPatch.esp ActiveBetter Skill and Quest Books Names_ASM.esp ActiveBlockSparkles.esp ActiveDistant DetailHF.esp ActiveDiversePriests.esp Activedynamic fires.esp ActiveFalskaarDawnguard.esp ActiveFalskaar Wildlife.esp ActiveFSS-Slight pause between lines.espGuard Dialogue Overhaul.esp ActiveGuardAnimationsGDO.esp ActiveSkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB + FS + WT.esp ActiveHeadtracking.esp ActiveSkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp ActiveSkytest USKP.esp ActiveConvenient Horses.esp ActivedD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp ActivedD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp ActiveSoul Gems Differ - E.esp ActiveTheChoiceIsYours.esp ActiveTheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.esp ActiveUnreadBooksGlow.esp ActiveaMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp ActiveDrinking Fountains of Skyrim.esp ActiveDrinking Fountains of Skyrim Sound.esp ActiveETaC - Complete.esp ActiveETaC - Complete LoS Patch.esp ActiveExpandedWinterholdRuins.esp ActiveHelgen Reborn.esp ActiveHelgen Reborn - Cyrodiil Frontier Patch.esp ActiveRavenRockExpanded.esp Activetos_amber_guard.esp Activetos_laintardale_hf.esp ActiveREGS - Better City Entrances.esp ActiveREGS - Better Docks.esp ActiveUnderstone Keep Repair.esp ActiveHearthfireChimneys - ETaC.esp ActiveChesko_Step418.esp ActiveOblivion Gates v3 without Markers - Skyrim + Dawnguard DLC.esp ActivePrometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp ActivePrometheus_NSUTR Falskaar Dock.esp ActiveUniqueBorderGates-DunmethPass.esp ActiveBetterDGEntrance-UniqueBorderGates-SilgradPass.esp ActiveUniqueBorderGates-TalosPass.esp ActiveDawnofWindhelm.esp ActiveBFT Ships and Carriages - HF.esp ActiveETaC - BFT Patch.esp ActiveProvincial Courier Service.esp ActiveRealisticRoomRental.esp ActiveBetterQuestObjectives-PersidRRentalPatch.esp ActiveREGS - Cities.esp ActiveREGS Patch - NSutR + RRR.esp ActiveREGS Patch - ORS.esp ActiveREGS Patch - CRF.esp ActiveREGS Patch - STEP Extended.esp ActiveEnhancedLightsandFX.esp ActiveELFX - Dawnguard.esp ActiveELFX - Dragonborn.esp ActiveCWIELnFXPatch.esp ActiveRRR_ELFX-Patch.esp ActiveClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp ActiveClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp ActiveClimatesOfTamriel Falskaar.esp ActiveSupreme Storms - Cot Version.esp ActiveCoT-WeatherPatch.esp ActiveCoT-WeatherPatch_DB.esp ActiveCoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-40.esp ActiveCoT-WeatherPatch_SupStorms.esp ActivePureweather.esp ActiveVividian - Weather Patch - ESS.esp ActiveVividian - Diverse Weathers - CoT + PW + AOS.esp ActiveVividian - Extended Weathers - Pure weathers.esp ActiveVividian - AllinOne Presets.esp ActiveBFSEffects.esp ActiveDeadlySpellImpacts.esp ActiveShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp ActiveCombatDramaOverhaul.esp ActiveDual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp ActiveThe Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp ActivedD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp ActiveAnimations.esp ActiveBeards.esp ActiveBrows.esp Active3DNPC.esp ActiveREGS Patch - Riften NavFull.esp ActiveMoonAndStar_MAS.esp ActiveRRR_3DNPC-Patch.esp ActiveREGS Patch - 3DNPC.esp ActiveSPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp ActivemoveitLWT.espNonEssentialChildren.esp ActivedD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp ActiveTTYM - Think to Yourself Messages.esp ActiveAnimated Weapon Enchants.esp ActiveDawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.esp ActivegetSnowy.esp ActiveNo More Glowing Edges.esp ActiveRealisticWaterTwo.esp ActiveRealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp ActiveRealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.esp ActiveRealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Wyrmstooth.esp ActiveRealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.esp ActiveRealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.esp ActiveWatercolor_for_ENB_RWT.esp ActiveSTEP Extended Patch.esp ActiveBashed Patch, 0.esp ActiveDual Sheath Redux Patch.esp ActiveAOS_Reduced_Reverb_Addon.esp Active

Edited by Wing

Hello again,

I hate to be a bother, but I checked the Steam comments for mods like "Amber Guard" and while you are saying it needs to be cleaned, the author wrote on the workshop that those "dirty" edits are intentional. Are you suggesting to clean them just for the sake of them being dirty edits or to increase compatibility with the other mods of the pack?

Thanks once again for any and all help. :)

Hi CJ,

I think that, especially for SR:LE users, it should be mentioned in the REGS guide that when using "Drinking Fountains of Skyrim" with "RND" the relative patch should be installed via the FOMOD installer of RND.

Otherwise, the water bottles obtained via the foutnains will not have the "thirst effect" of RND.

Thank you! ::):